• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Go this post off of Virginia Preps

Post #4

MyFanPage

Add Buddy Re: any updates on Pulaski/Tazwell scrimmage??? how did the 2 teams look? Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a controlled scrimmage, so there was no real score kept, but both teams looked good. Pulaski had three touchdowns (Paris 2 yd run, Martin 8 yd run, Cobbs 3 yd run) and a couple of field goals, including a pretty nice 32 yarder by senior Logan Haynes. Tazwell's first team offense was held on their side of the 50 the entire contest. Tazwell's second team offense was able to score on the Cougar second team offense late in the event. A fine pass from the Tazewell qb put them inside the Cougar 8 or so, and three plays later they crossed the goal line.

No players were really over used, as the coaching staffs from both teams moved people around trying different things out. Nubian Peak rushed 9 times for 127 yards. His brother Tahrick rushed 2 times for 17 yards. Both fullbacks, Paris and Dobbins, looked very good, as well as third string fullback Wojick. Wojick also had a fine interception as part of the second team defense. Quesenberry had the other Cougar interception on the day. Both teams blocked a couple of extra point/field goals during that session, and Calfee blocked a punt for the Cougars. Senior Josh Miller had a sack also. Passing was kept at a minimum, but junior Luke Watson was 2 for 4 for 29 yards and no interceptions. He looked very poised and under control. In all, 12 different players ran the ball for Pulaski County today for a total of 334 yards.

Tazewell looked MUCH improved from last season, and they should give some folks a few headaches this season. They were good sized, strong, faster, and very motivated. Next weeks Touchdown Classic should be a good one.

Posted on 8/8 8:05 PM | IP: 76.123.200.104

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

any updates on Pulaski/Tazwell scrimmage??? how did the 2 teams

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Graham looked good at times,but still looked like they were holding back.they will pick it up next week.anyone know who Graham scrimmages next week?i heard R.E.Lee staunton.

[/ QUOTE ]We scrimmage R.E. Lee Staunton, Rockbridge County, and Hidden Valley friday or saturday not sure

[ QUOTE ]

well there 4 sure gonna beat the crap out of marion.....so if u think marion is gonna give them a run 4 there money then ur wrong.....haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you sure have a lot of confidence after losing a scrimmage...nobody has played a single game yet. I'm just saying you won't really know anything until opening night. I have a cousin who coaches for PC... Believe me, if they wanted to beat you by 10 td's yesterday, they certainly coulde have. I heard they ran 9 different running backs against Tazewell.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Graham looked good at times,but still looked like they were holding back.they will pick it up next week.anyone know who Graham scrimmages next week?i heard R.E.Lee staunton.

[/ QUOTE ]We scrimmage R.E. Lee Staunton, Rockbridge County, and Hidden Valley friday or saturday not sure

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks 32.you guys looked pretty good last nite.i know that was just a scrimmage,just a big practice really.i think Graham will be better than last year.so good luck G-Men

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

well there 4 sure gonna beat the crap out of marion.....so if u think marion is gonna give them a run 4 there money then ur wrong.....haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you sure have a lot of confidence after losing a scrimmage...nobody has played a single game yet. I'm just saying you won't really know anything until opening night. I have a cousin who coaches for PC... Believe me, if they wanted to beat you by 10 td's yesterday, they certainly coulde have. I heard they ran 9 different running backs against Tazewell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I stated that Pulaski ran 9 different running backs against Tazewell...I was wrong...it was 12 different running backs.

[ QUOTE ]

well thats funny...haha who did u hear that from?

unless u were there u dont know what ur talkin about and is sure we did and were gonna win the district...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I believe this poster is just trying to start trouble....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

unless u were there u dont know what ur talkin about and is sure we did and were gonna win the district...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sherlock, I'll take that under advisement...LOL...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Come on...we need details....details...please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Futbol, did you go to the Marion/Ft.Chiswell scrimmage tonight? Marion didn`t look as good as I thought they would but they did not keep all of their starters on the field together much. Both teams scored two touchdowns a piece. Brock Hanna scored one touchdown and one of the Dodson twins scored the other one.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Dotsons are playing football? I didn't get to go, but hey it's a scrimmage. I wonder of those two guys will contribute any to the team, they have good size and are pretty good athletes. I'm worried about discipline issues with them, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they were playing lat night quite a bit. Joey is #11 and Jason is #9. Joey caught a td pass from Nelson. They are both great athletes, just hope they stay out of trouble.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw U!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw U!

[/ QUOTE ]

look at that...no respect for Gman's Ah-thor-a-tai...

[ QUOTE ]

Who will be starting qb? Alex Nelson threw the td pass? Is he the backup?

I think they will throw the ball around a little more this year...at least I think that's what everybody is hoping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I`ve heard some people say Nelson was the starter and I have heard some say Noe was. Nelson threw both touchdown passes and he was running the ball pretty well. They ran several option plays and Nelson seemed to have the option down pretty good.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw U!

[/ QUOTE ]

someone cant take a joke