PULASKI SCRIMMAGE FROM UNBIASED OBSERVER

zack

patrick henry glade spring 20 covington 13

the rebels took over the game after halftime

brookville 13 radford 3

radford hung in against a larger and against a deeper opponent

tazewell 20 patrick henry 0

tazewell stronger than ph ph was in their second game.

pulaski 20 brookville 0

pulaski ran over brookville lagan thomas missed his targets and brookville receivers dropped the ball.brookville is obviously very talented but thats what they rely on,way too much.

radford 29 covington 6

radford will be improved

pulaski 20 tazwell 2

i thought for 2 thirds of this game tazewell outperformed pulaski with their short passing game but tazewell had 4 or 5 turnovers and then ran out of steam against a much bigger opponent.

My unbiased opinion. Teams ranked in order of how good I think they are.

Pulaski-Best team there. Nubian is the truth and is lightning quick. Good QB and a talented D. WILL COMPETE FOR A STATE TITLE.

Brookville-Second best team there. Logan Thomas did nothing to tell me he is the 24th best player in the country. Maybe that is because he didn't play TE. Had a nice little running back and a good defense.

Radford-Will improve and Daunte impressed me. He has a nice arm and Thompson is one great athlete and has great speed. Defense was impressive as well.

Tazewell-Didn't really impress me. One man team. Muncy isn't really that good, just benefited from playing PH. Didn't see the Pulaski game but you said they played better. Maybe they did but still didn't impress me.

Patrick Henry-Wow. Just Wow. See Covington last line.

Covington-Didn't see them play but with only 17 people in for a long season.

3 of those turnovers were in the red zone, 2 picks and 1 fumble. Tazewell was moving the ball well pretty much the whole time, they just choked in the red zone. Stansbury was on his A game, and Peak is no joke.

Despite losing to Pulaski 20-2 in tonight's scrimmage. I have to admit that I WAS impressed with the Bulldogs. Tazewell had 3 very impressive drives inside the 10 yard line of PC. One resulted in a fumble, recovered by the Cougars. One resulted in an interception in the end-zone and another was intercepted and returned for a touchdown. Tazewell ran out of a spread formation the entire scrimmage and literally picked Pulaski apart. Pulaski was unable to put much pressure on the QB, except on a couple of occasions. Pulaski scored on BIG plays....Two TD runs of 30+ yards and the 90 yard interception return mentioned before. I know all of the PC fans will claim that PC dominated the scrimmage, but this was truly NOT the case.

I was impressed with the number of quality receivers that Tazewell had and they seemed to be open on every play.

Keep in mind, PC had just beaten the pre-season #1 team in the State (Brookville 20-0) who came in with their highly recruited QB and were able to shut him down.

Tazewell's achilles heel was 6 fumbles, two of which were recovered by Pulaski, a snap that went over the head of the qb and the two interceptions, mentioned before.

The Bulldogs may just bark and bite this year...

I was particularly impressed with the accuracy and poise of the qb, who rolled out and found the open man...over and over again and the play of #10 who made several catches and a couple of really nice.

Teams in the SouthWest District had better not take Tazewell lightly this year, they may just end up getting burned.

I honestly don't know what the guy who posted before me is talking about....Tazewell probably had more total yards than Pulaski. One man team? Is he kidding...there were several people who contributed to the passing game?

The skill guys for PC made plays when they needed to, but other than the big plays and turnovers...I'd have to agree with Zack, Tazewell controlled the clock and had possession of the ball for 2/3 of the contest, but they had no answer for the big play ability and speed of a couple of the PC backs. Pulaski did get a drive going late in the contest.

[ QUOTE ]

My unbiased opinion. Teams ranked in order of how good I think they are.

Pulaski-Best team there. Nubian is the truth and is lightning quick. Good QB and a talented D. WILL COMPETE FOR A STATE TITLE.

Brookville-Second best team there. Logan Thomas did nothing to tell me he is the 24th best player in the country. Maybe that is because he didn't play TE. Had a nice little running back and a good defense.

Radford-Will improve and Daunte impressed me. He has a nice arm and Thompson is one great athlete and has great speed. Defense was impressive as well.

Tazewell-Didn't really impress me. One man team. Muncy isn't really that good, just benefited from playing PH. Didn't see the Pulaski game but you said they played better. Maybe they did but still didn't impress me.

Patrick Henry-Wow. Just Wow. See Covington last line.

Covington-Didn't see them play but with only 17 people in for a long season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, after seeing George Wythe tonight, I see a beatdown coming next friday. And in case you were wondering the Roons beat Rockbridge 20-7, and lost to RE Lee 29-28 on a 2pt conversion with 9 seconds left. They were by far the 2 best teams in Bluefield tonight.

My two cents.

Pulaski looked very good. Everyone knew that Peak was going to be great, but the thing that I found impressive was the fact that they seem to have a solid passing game this year. That will make them very dangerous, and a serious player on the statewide level in my opinion.

Brookville reminded me of Richlands a little from last years scrimmage at Mitchell. Thomas is a very good athelete, but he just isn't a great QB, If they have another QB who can throw the ball consistently, then they could move Thomas around and just play him some at QB, then I think they would be much better. Kind of the same thing Richlands was able to do with Fuller last year because Elswick came on.

Radford should have a very solid single A team. They've got some really good skill position players, and a solid line. Don't know much about their district this year, but I would expect them to make some noise.

Tazwell looked pretty good, but it was hard to tell if that was because Tazwell was good or PH was just bad. Didn't stay for the Taz/Pulaski scrimmage, so I don't have anything more to go on.

PH was just quite simply bad. They looked like they had a few atheletes on the team, but they played like a first year program. Compton really has a ton of work in front of him to even get these guys semi competitive. Most of them play like they've never even seen a football before this year.

Covington lost to PH.....enough said.

[ QUOTE ]

i dont thank it will be a"beatdown" between G.W. and tazwell...i think George Wythe can hang

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant GW would beat Tazewell down.....to the tune of about 35-12.GW is going to be real good.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i dont thank it will be a"beatdown" between G.W. and tazwell...i think George Wythe can hang

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant GW would beat Tazewell down.....to the tune of about 35-12.GW is going to be real good.

[/ QUOTE ]

George Wythe has a hell of a team thats for sure.45-14 GW

Iknow what you meant.... i just think it may be a little closer than you think. have you seen tazewell play??? PC has a real good team and other than just fumblinginginside the goal line 3-4 times tazwell hung with them. THe #1 team in the state Brookeville got whipped by PC. Is the game inWytheville??? if so then I know you will win

[ QUOTE ]

Iknow what you meant.... i just think it may be a little closer than you think. have you seen tazewell play??? PC has a real good team and other than just fumblinginginside the goal line 3-4 times tazwell hung with them. THe #1 team in the state Brookeville got whipped by PC. Is the game inWytheville??? if so then I know you will win

[/ QUOTE ]

If Brookville is #1 in the state then they aren't anymore. Too much hype, not enough substance. Polls mean nothing right now. I will stand by my prediction, a gw beatdown of tazewell........

Brookville is definitely not deserving of that preseason # 1. After seeing Tazewell, I think they are improved from last year and will give some teams in the district some trouble. However, Pulaski's offensive and defensive lines are VERY young (no returners from last season)...and they didn't pressure Tazewell's QB all night. Pulaski had better shore up those offensive and defensive lines or they could be in for a few losses this season. I would have to say that GW has a better team than Pulaski at this point in the season.

Also, Tazewell had a total of 6 (that I counted) fumbles and 2 int's in only 2 quarters. If they don't take care of the ball, it could get very ugly, very quuickly. Don't let the class A classification cloud your thinking about GW.. They are as strong as any AA school Tazewell will see this year (most likely better).

[ QUOTE ]

Brookville is definitely not deserving of that preseason # 1. After seeing Tazewell, I think they are improved from last year and will give some teams in the district some trouble. However, Pulaski's offensive and defensive lines are VERY young (no returners from last season)...and they didn't pressure Tazewell's QB all night. Pulaski had better shore up those offensive and defensive lines or they could be in for a few losses this season. I would have to say that GW has a better team than Pulaski at this point in the season.

Also, Tazewell had a total of 6 (that I counted) fumbles and 2 int's in only 2 quarters. If they don't take care of the ball, it could get very ugly, very quuickly. Don't let the class A classification cloud your thinking about GW.. They are as strong as any AA school Tazewell will see this year (most likely better).

[/ QUOTE ]

When you win one game by one point it isn't very hard to be much improved from last year. Does that mean if they win 2 games by two points that they are twice as good as 2007? I am sure they are better, how could they not be? I still don't think they are better than 4th or 5th in the SWD.

I'd say that's pretty accurate. They might sneak up there and take 3rd. SWD should be very competitive this year (with the exception of maybe Grundy). I can't wait to watch games in the SWD this year, should be some barn burners.

I honestly don't think the QB will have ALL DAY to throw the ball against opponents like he did against PC. I'm serious....PC's line-play looked pretty bad. Their runningbacks are flat out awesome however, and that made up for the deficiencies at line. But against bigger stronger teams than Tazewell, they could have some problems, unless the line problems are fixed soon.

Looks like Brookville was proving last night why they are ranked number 1.