Report Friday night scores here

bucfan64

Lane 29 carries 197 yards

Harris 7 carries 116 yards

Scott 8 carries 48 yards

Marrs 7/16 125 yards 1td

that was the good, now the bad..........

Christiansburg rushing stats........

Johnson 25 carries 283 yards

Fisher 9 carries 145 yards

Lee 7 carries 67 yards

I'll save you the math problem.........Graham gave up 495 yards rushing to those 3 guys. In 30 years of watching the G-Men, I have never saw that many yards given up by a Graham team. This coaching staff needs to remember what always made Graham good, a great defense. Remember it, and get us back there cause it isn't happening right now.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a nice showing for the Gmen. Should give them some confidence going into next week. I was impressed with Christiansburg in the scrimmage at Mitchell.

They must have showed something that they didn't show tonight then b/c I wasn't impressed. They do have some speed, which is why they were able to win the game. Christiansburg has some good players, but some of the coaching decisions are very questionable. They were running the ball down Graham's throat the entire night and then after scoring their last touchdown went away from what was working and let Graham back into the game. Christiansburg dominated the game for 3 1/2 quarters, especially physically. I lost count of the times Kyle Harris had a C'burg player tackled, but instead of wrapping up attempted to strip the ball and allowed the runner to get 5 extra yards or more.

At one point between the late 3rd and early 4th I thought Graham was going to run out of players. Everytime you turned around a Graham player was hobbling off the field or getting up very slowly. Marrs injuried his left knee at some point in the 3rd and spent the rest of the game icing it on the bench while Graham was on defense. Graham's #63 injuried his leg as well early in the 4th and appeared to be in a lot of pain when he got to the sideline. Numbers 10 and 15 also left the field periodically for Graham during that stretch and #80 seriously got his bell rung trying to tackle C'burg #23 (Johnson) on the final scoring drive for C'burg. The longest run by Johnson on the final scoring drive for C'burg no less than five Graham players were very slow getting off the ground including #80, who as I mentioned above, got his bell rung good. In the end, Graham kept fighting and C'burg thought they had it won at 34-16.

In closing let me say, Bluefield and Graham players and fans are so very privileged to get to play and watch games in a facility such as Mitchell Stadium. Traveling to other places really makes you appreciate how good you have it at Mitchell.

Edited by Bluefield_Rules

Abingdon Beat Battle 48-7.

It could have been worse, but the coacing staff eased up on them, subbing some and running out the clock.

Although Abingdon had a rocky first week against Chilhowie, they played good, solid football tonight. Their new, young quarterback has done a 180 since last week. He had kept his offense earning yards pretty much all night with awesome help from his backs. His running backs did a heck of a job finding holes and keeping those legs moving taking a couple 2 or 3 defenders to take them down. The short passing game was superb as well. Good game guys. Be safe all and God Bless.

Yep...I agree.

They REALLY impressed me tonight.

Anyone have:

Lebanon at Honaker

Castlewood at Appalachia

Lee 0 at Powell Valley 6 OT

so I can get started on the pick'em results

Edited by VivaFutbol

They REALLY impressed me tonight.

Anyone have:

Lebanon at Honaker

Castlewood at Appalachia

Lee at Powell Valley

so I can get started on the pick'em results

Lebanon 16

Honaker 14

Castlewood 27

Appalachia 14

Powell Valley 6

Lee High 0 Not sure of the exact score, but it was scoreless into OT

After watching the Graham/Christiansburg game tonight, I was very disappointed. What apparently had sounded like a decent game over the radio feed was a very misleading game call. It was horrible. Graham's "big and strong" offensive line looked terrible. Marrs didn't have nearly any time to throw the ball when he would actually drop back and all of the runners struggled, with a slight exception to Lane. I specifically remember a screen play for Scott(32) where Marrs was in shotgun. Marrs got the snap, dropped back a little as every defensive lineman came through, threw the ball to Scott with all 5 offensive linemen there to block and ONE Blue Demon defender came through every one of them and made the immediate tackle. I noticed that if you bring more than 1 player on a blitz other than the front line of defense, Graham's line can't handle it. Kyle Harris did ok in his Graham debut, but as said earlier was seen to go for strips of the ball rather than tackle his counter parts. He touched the ball maybe twice in the second half, one of those being his 85 yard run; he showed some promise and hopefully his injury won't hamper him this season.

The Johnson kid for Christiansburg was a very tough runner. Some good size, quick feet and decent speed helped him to a very successful night. I'm surprised this defeat didn't come with a bigger margin. If it weren't for Graham's offense chewing up a lot of clock, Christiansburg would have lit up that scoreboard a little more as they scored on nearly every possession. Christiansburg wasn't outrageously bigger, they didn't have incredible team speed, but they were effecient and wore out this Graham squad. Hopefully things can get better or the G-Men will be in for a long season.

On another note, im glad to see Tazewell win and get off to a good start to shutting a whole bunch of people up, including myself. I was also informed that TJ was playing tonight which is absolutely incredible. Good luck to TJ and the rest of the Bulldogs on what hopes to be a good season.