Who's the best in the Southwest District?

Sportsfan50

richlands shouldnt have a bad team, if the people that should start acually do start they will have size going for them but the only problem is they wont have any real point guard. im pretty sure the player that will be at the point hasnt ever played it before but the down low game should b e really good

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham is going to suprise people. They are bringing back Jeffers and Palmer and Dennah and now have Kyle Harris. They beat tazewell,bluefield and alot of other teams over the summer. and yes those teams brought most of their starters.

Summer Ball doesn't matter. Most of those teams didn't bring all there players. Some had football practice. Tazewell has a new floor with a new team and hopefully a better winning attitude. If they play like they are capable they will win hands down.

Tazewell recieved some quality players from pocy. Brandon Pauley 6'1, Zach Pauley 5'10, Alan Lancaster 6'3, Taviaz Wilborn 6'3, John Corner 6'0, Eugene Hilton 5'10, and Nick Bortle 6'4 will all be playing ball this year.

Summer Ball doesn't matter. Most of those teams didn't bring all there players. Some had football practice. Tazewell has a new floor with a new team and hopefully a better winning attitude. If they play like they are capable they will win hands down.

Summer ball means about as much as JV games when it comes to the Varsity level...in other words, it means nothing...

I agree. basketball in grundy is not bad. i know some freshman and sophs there that are not bad. i wish them well. however, there is a whole new world out there and better be getting better now. you know

People let their personal feelings get in the way of them playing the sport for the love of the game. If they dont like a coach, they dont play. The kids now take things way too personal instead of just leaving everything on the field or court and not taking it into their everyday lives. They think playing time should be given to them instead of earning it.

Grundy has done well in Basketball and Wrestling but are still well below average RIGHT NOW in Baseball, Football, and Track. One other reason for this is for whatever reason, the majority of the athletes at Grundy now are small, physically. There arent many big, strong kids walking the halls like there has been in the past.

People let their personal feelings get in the way of them playing the sport for the love of the game. If they dont like a coach, they dont play. The kids now take things way too personal instead of just leaving everything on the field or court and not taking it into their everyday lives. They think playing time should be given to them instead of earning it.

Grundy has done well in Basketball and Wrestling but are still well below average RIGHT NOW in Baseball, Football, and Track. One other reason for this is for whatever reason, the majority of the athletes at Grundy now are small, physically. There arent many big, strong kids walking the halls like there has been in the past.

That does hurt when you have smaller kids. Mainly in Football and Basketball. You dont have to be tall or strong. You have to want more than the other team. If you don't want it you cant win.

Grundy replaced 4 starters (same as this year) for the 2006-2007 season and still won the district.

Marion who yall are all lookining over beat Grundy really bad at their place last year and didnt lose anybody. but yet itll be marion, abingdon, tazewell, and prob graham in the playoffs

well i think you have shown you have no idea what your talking about because you didn't even mention carroll (yea they are in the swd too in case you didn't know) who along w/ abingdon was one of the top 2 team in the district last year so i think they should be one of the favorites right now

well i think you have shown you have no idea what your talking about because you didn't even mention carroll (yea they are in the swd too in case you didn't know) who along w/ abingdon was one of the top 2 team in the district last year so i think they should be one of the favorites right now

Carrol lost their best player which was the only reason that they done anything last year. They are going to be okay this year but they arent going to do anything special like yall think they will. the best teams are going to be marion and abingdon. Tazwell might do pretty good too but arent going to be as good as yall say.

Carrol lost their best player which was the only reason that they done anything last year. They are going to be okay this year but they arent going to do anything special like yall think they will. the best teams are going to be marion and abingdon. Tazwell might do pretty good too but arent going to be as good as yall say.

Oh the greatest basketball player from Marion has spoken if anyone has any question about the SWD for basketball just ask him. You haven't seen anyone play so how do you know Tazewell isn't going to be as good as everyone is saying oh but if someone gets on here and says something good about great Marion on here you'll totally agree.

Why is some of the people on here talking about last year and what they did last year its a new season everyones record is 0-0 and have you know graham beat tazewell in summer leauge with the pocy boys and they beat bluefield everyone is sleeping on graham. I consider them to be a sleeping giant in the region if they work hard as they should look out i don't want to say state but they will go farther than anyone else in the district..

Why is some of the people on here talking about last year and what they did last year its a new season everyones record is 0-0 and have you know graham beat tazewell in summer leauge with the pocy boys and they beat bluefield everyone is sleeping on graham. I consider them to be a sleeping giant in the region if they work hard as they should look out i don't want to say state but they will go farther than anyone else in the district..

Graham isn't a "sleeping giant"...it will be a successful season for them if they win half their games and I don't see that happening.

And no, they won't make it to State. They'll be lucky to make it to the Region tournament...no, I take that back, everybody makes the Region tournament now but their stay will be short....