Who's the best in the Southwest District?

Sportsfan50

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham is looking really good in basketball they have a killer post team jason palmer , Darius Carper told me he was playing and trust me this kid is big and athletic he's number 72 for the football team and he's a damn good football player. Ryan woodson a 6'5 post player and jordan bryan scott brewster and a.j jeffers at point and maybe kyle harris but thats way iffffy with wats been going on. but graham looks very very good this year and mind they are very young also.

GO GMEN!!!!!!

If Graham has that size they will be a force in the district. I think Abingdon will still be a player. Carroll is young but may surprise some people.

What is a Pocy? I just figured out that it is Pocahontas. How was their record last year as what I am assuming was a single A school and what district were they in.

Pocy was in the MED with Galx, Grayson, Bland, Ft. Chiswell and Narrows. I think that Carroll will be a team that will continue to get better over the year and will continue to improve as it's PG does. I think he will be th ekey to thier season. I think the Falcons will finish 1st then it will be tough to say who finish where

Tazewell got Pocy's whole startin five from last year!!!

Is that really a good thing for Tazewell??? Didn't Pocy only win like 2 or 3 MED games??? Oh, wait, the SWD is like the AA version of the MED...those kids should take Tazewell to the top of the district this year...

Is that really a good thing for Tazewell??? Didn't Pocy only win like 2 or 3 MED games??? Oh, wait, the SWD is like the AA version of the MED...those kids should take Tazewell to the top of the district this year...

Not sure of the number of MED games Pocy won but I think their overall record was right around 12-12. Not as horrible as most would imagine.

Not sure of the number of MED games Pocy won but I think their overall record was right around 12-12. Not as horrible as most would imagine.

Yeah, Pocahontas didn't do too bad last season. Brandon Pauley should definitely be able to help the Dawgs out this season.

But they got most of those wins against teams like Big Creek, Montcalm, Iaeger, Northwood...I'm pretty sure they only won four games in the MED...

Pocy finished 12-13 last season losing to Narrows in the second round of the Region C tournament. That means they were 11-12 after the MED tournament. I'm pretty sure they lost in the first round of the MED tournament which means they finished the regular season 11-11. After they beat Bland during the regular season, they were 10-8 and 2-6 in the MED. If they finished the regular season at 11-11, then they were 3-9 in the MED. I don't think a team that went 3-9 in the MED is going to be a "force" in the SWD especially when they are combined with a team that went 1-11 in the weakest AA district in the State...

We had exactly 10 players last year.

Wow. That would be more than I expected. Didn't the school only have like 90 kids? I remember they had a good player. I remember listening to a game on the radio against Narrows in the Region playoffs. I was going to the GW game and for some reason we found it on the radio. If I remember it was a close game, with Narrows edging out Pocy.

Wow. That would be more than I expected. Didn't the school only have like 90 kids? I remember they had a good player. I remember listening to a game on the radio against Narrows in the Region playoffs. I was going to the GW game and for some reason we found it on the radio. If I remember it was a close game, with Narrows edging out Pocy.

Yea we ended up losing by like 10 or something like that. The team was really kind of young last year though with four starting soph. and a junior.

I mean..Your bringin over some quality guards and pretty good size from Pocy..add on me (not tryin to be cocky) and the players we return from last year with some experience and im not saying we're gonna win state or anything but i think we should be able to compete and suprise some teams this year.

Grundy will have just about a whole new starting 5. Only one player returns that started last year. I think this will be a down you for the Wave..to many new faces. Hopefully though they will have a better attudie than last years team.

Have yall just forgot about Marion?? They went to regions last year (along with four other teams from the southwest district but stil they have all of their starters back from last year except one guard. They are the force to be reckoned with this year not tazwell

Richlands seems to be weak this year with losing mulky. How does his brother look? Is he good enough to fill his brothers shoes?

While he is a better shooter than Ben was Eric is just too small to really fill his brothers shoes. He is a good player but dont expect him to be the next Ben.