Falcons vs Dawgs

Bulldogs52

Who will win?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Falcons
    • DAWGS

And again there has not been anyone on here getting a Big Head, and if it seems like it, then it's the fans of the Dawgs.... For the most part the players haven't been on here posting unless it's in the pickem and stuff......

The players may not be on here talking crap. But I spoke to a player at THS the other day, and he said that they weren't worried about Richlands or Graham this year, and they were going to kill them. So, I do think some of the guys are getting a little over confident. This was only one player of course, but I have a feeling it may be a common trend throughout the locker room.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen! I get tired of reading the same crap about us too. Word to the wise, we are on the way up. Our enrollment is growing, more atheletes are coming out, and we love football just like everybody else. Do we respect the dawgs, yes, are we afraid - HELL NO! Opinions are one thing, but heart is another. WE HAVE HEART! WE ARE THE FALCONS! That might make some of you mad, but we are here to stay. Its just a matter of time until we start dominating the SWD in all sports. Then, what will you say?

Dude, no offense......But your last three sentences are what Falcon fans have been saying for over 20 years now........

But I guess Rome wasn't built in a day either.......good luck becoming "Rome" of the SWD......lol!!!

The players may not be on here talking crap. But I spoke to a player at THS the other day, and he said that they weren't worried about Richlands or Graham this year, and they were going to kill them. So, I do think some of the guys are getting a little over confident. This was only one player of course, but I have a feeling it may be a common trend throughout the locker room.

Maybe they know what they're talking about......I was told the same thing before the Gate City game all week by alot of the players, and big name players too....we know what happened there.

Nah, I'm just messing around with them being right but I do know they were talking it before the GC game.........Hopefully, it won't be the downfall of what looks like a really great team

I think comments like the preacher are the same common statements that many people from here have stated for many years in attempts to say that Abingdon is back and better and we're gonna kick butt, etc. But in reality, as a fan and former player from years gone by, we need to be a little more realistic. We are improving. We are going to be tougher in time. However, comments like we're gonna rule the SWD in every sport is naive. Abingdon unfortunately will never be the team of the late 70s and 80s that we once were. Many of you I suspect were not even in grade school back then when we did dominate every thing. But the evolution of Abingdon has made our teams football more competitive than we once were, but as bad as I hate to say it, we won't ever have the talent, cohesion, and toughness, all together, at one time to dominate football again. We will be competitive and will win games, but not a powerhouse again. I will always pull for the Falcons, defend them when needed, motivate the current players to give more than just words, but I'm a realist. Abingdon is young this year, I think 5-5 will be a good year. But the next couple of years looks better. We unfortunately looked intimidated last week but still hung in the game that could have gone either way at times. But I feel as far as Friday against Tazewell goes, looking at what each team has done thus far, Tazewell should win by controlling the line of scrimmage. 35-14.

If Tazewell cont. to win how far does anyone see them going?

I would love to ya Mr. Fuller, I see them going to the L-Burg, just so I could ask you to ride with me there, like you have done me for the last three years... But only time will tell my friend. No matter how the rest of the season turns out, I will always bleed green.... Go Dawgs....

Look, I play for Tazewell and day in and day out our coaches preach to us that we take one game at a time. And the only talk that I know of going on in the locker-room is Abingdon and only Abingdon. We made a mistake looking past CC last week and we almost blew it really bad. The team has made alot of adjustments at practice this week and have been getting ready for this friday. We have yet to play 4 quarters of football which we havn't been able to do yet since week 1. If we do that I see is doing very well through out the rest of the season but I'm not saying we will win the rest of the games. It will be an exciting game this week for us and were ready for Abingdon, as they are for us. Hope to see alot of people there supporting this friday. Lets go Dawgs!!!

well i'm gonna be honest if grahams running game and O-line is as good as i hear and they don't turn the ball over i would say graham would win if there D holds up some it wouldn't be a blowout or anything by any means, but when do they play?

not this week, so it doesn't matter :D

i disagree Graham feels that they are the underdogs in every game they play

Dude you can't tell me that no one goes around and say there gonna whoop this team or this team.. they all do it. It's part of the game.....

They're not cocky! They're confident! I know there is a fine line between em, but, they are buildin confidence every day, every practice. Coach's don't call enough straight fly's to Munc (6'4), even when there is a 5'5 saftey on him. Let's think about this.

What would you do?

They're not cocky! They're confident! I know there is a fine line between em, but, they are buildin confidence every day, every practice. Coach's don't call enough straight fly's to Munc (6'4), even when there is a 5'5 saftey on him. Let's think about this.

What would you do?

Why question the coaches ? Here is the thing last year people were questioning the entire coaching staff when they were 1-9. This year they are off to a great start and your doing the same thing. You need to have respect for the coaches. Let them do the coaching and make the calls.

Look, I play for Tazewell and day in and day out our coaches preach to us that we take one game at a time. And the only talk that I know of going on in the locker-room is Abingdon and only Abingdon. We made a mistake looking past CC last week and we almost blew it really bad. The team has made alot of adjustments at practice this week and have been getting ready for this friday. We have yet to play 4 quarters of football which we havn't been able to do yet since week 1. If we do that I see is doing very well through out the rest of the season but I'm not saying we will win the rest of the games. It will be an exciting game this week for us and were ready for Abingdon, as they are for us. Hope to see alot of people there supporting this friday. Lets go Dawgs!!!

Well this was last week before the CC game that I spoke to the player. So maybe that game put somethings in perspective for him. I wish all the luck in the world to Tazewell this season (except when playing Richlands).

I don't have to have respect for the coaches at all! Ok buddy? And I WILL question their calls when they run the ball on 3rd and 18! They have the most talented team in years and they are coming awfully close to pissing these wins away. It seems like, when something works for em, they automatically come out and do the exact opposite! It's happened in every single game. I know the players notice.

Edited by Fighton_3

well there it is. I was waiting for Tazewell's first bitcher this year and I hope you get a trophy for being it. It seems like some people are never happy and because of people like you the fans cant even keep a positive attitude even at 3-0. I do understand that you pay your money to get in the game so you can have an opinion but if they ever allow people to watch you do your job then hopefully there will be some one with your piss poor attitude there to tell you that you are throwing the garbage bag in the truck wrong.

Edited by hokies2005