121 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Falcons
    • DAWGS

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I see Tazewell's defense being real aggressive again, hopefully Rudy back in there for the Dawgs... These guys will hit ya in the mouth and get up and laugh at ya..... And the offense, I don't know what to say about them, haven't seen one from Tazewell like this in years.... Not for sure but I would say that Lockhart is leading the SWD in passing, and the 4 to 5 guys touching the ball out of the back field, never know what there going to do.. they are fun to watch.. Good Luck Dawgs.. Also its Homecoming Week as well....

The Dawgs finally came out of the locker room after staying in there the whole first half against CC and really dominated the whole 2nd half. Their offense only scored 21 pts but they scored at will.

Abingdon keeps it close for the first half but the Dawgs overpower, outhit, and absolutely punish the always soft Falcons

Tazewell 41

Abingdon 14

I know every year is different, but I don't think a "soft" Abingdon team can go 4-2 in the district last year with a huge win over Graham and a last minute defeat to Richlands. Not to mention thumping Tazewell. But this is a new year. Except for the big mistakes the Abingdon-Richlands game could have gone either way. But that's football. However, a soft team couldn't have hung in their with Richlands regardless of the Blues rebuilding. They're still Richlands. Abingdon does play a different kind of football than the rest but over the years, playing those schools makes them tougher and more experienced; lose or win. I know everyone loves to trash Abingdon because of the community, etc., but I think Abingdon deserves a lot more credit than anyone is willing to give them. Why waste your time bashing Abingdon if they are in your mind week in and week out, year in and year out a pushover, soft, wine and cheese team. I would think you wouldn't have any worries for little ole Abingdon. Just remember, when you least expect it a little guy will come up and beat your a**.

you're right, I'm not worried about his game

And sorry...abingdon is the softest team around...and they always are.

ever heard the Colin Cowherd rant on how soft UVA football is??? You could basically insert abingdon every time he says UVA and you would still...HIT the nail on the head.

Sorry tho man, if you want people to respect yall and not think you're soft....come to Tazewell on friday nite and outhit tazewell

Guest zeus71

Abingdon has out hit Tazwell for two years. what was it last year 52 to 7. And the year before that when Abingdon went 5-5 they were up 20 to 7 to the dawgs at the half only to let two second half special teams plays beat them 30 to 27. Soft was last years Tazwell team. They reminded me of the Snuggle Bear.

Last year Abingdon had a good football team. I was at the game the other night and the did play soft. No disrespect, but they got to hit someone. They played uptight and looked alittle scared to hit. They are not playing physical which is what the SWD is about. Falcons will fall next to last in district this year hanging in above grundy.

It's obvious that the narrow minded, non-analytical types that populate the world, mostly in the "dawgs" section of Tazewell County, Va. would believe that responses like those have meaning. From an intellectual perspective, I was evaluating a team that I felt deserved some unbiased support. Richlands is obviously the class of Tazewell county because they can at least recognize the improvement of Abingdon. Coach Mance...Bristol paper, Sat. 9/13...."we played a good football team". I don't think outhitting you could earn your respect for Abingdon or any team for that matter. Football is a physical game, but also finesse, strategy, skill, speed and luck play a part. It sounds like the only argument you have is that you can hit. Well, you must have just learned how to do that if now this year you're talking so much about your team. I guess you were outhit 9 out of 10 games last year with the thumping by Abingdon previously mentioned included. If Tazewell wins then they will deserve it I'm sure. As with Abingdon, if they win, then in your mind something must have terribly gone wrong like the milk in the cafeteria was spoiled or the quarterbacks cheerleader girl friend broke up with him to go out with the band dude that plays the clarinet. But surely not because Abingdon earned it.

Richlands is obviously the class of Tazewell county because they can at least recognize the improvement of Abingdon. Coach Mance...Bristol paper, Sat. 9/13...."we played a good football team".

He was only being nice...

Just cause your team is a bunch of softies and would rather titty-bump than block doesn't mean you gotta get all upset at me.

Just cause the Tazewell County teams are way more physical than you guys doesn't mean you can't compete.....you did good last year and i mean thats about all I can think of right now but you did do well last season.

However, you played Richlands tight and even though I wasn't there a good friend of mine is a Richlands fan and he said it came down to Richlands continually laying the wood on abingdon and their players just laid down.....same with Tazewell beating CC, when you punish their ball carriers every time they touch it they will eventually get hurt or get timid and not run as hard.

But good luck Friday, you guys may win it......but be sure to bring extra pads....

Fair enough! You're right, you pound somebody frequent enough and they will relent unless they're a sadistic psycho which Abingdon is not. Abingdon won't beat anybody in a physical contest but I'm just trying to recognize a team that is improving, trying to change it's image on the gridiron, but must do it with the other aspects of the game and be as physical as they know how. That's how they won games last year. I've always felt it will do Abingdon good in the long run being back in the SWD and play those teams year in and year out. My whole point of this topic was to try to have someone acknowledge Abingdon is better than they used to be. Good luck Friday.

Is abingdon a young football team this year? I am a Richlands fan and was at the game friday. They seemed young to me because of the lack of physical play. Richlands is young and in recent years they have had more physical teams than this. All in all they laid some hard hits out their. Abingdon does have a better football team than they used to. Yea they had a good team last year, almost got us. The odd thing to me is the enrollment that the falcons have it seems they would break through with a few spectacular years.

Is abingdon a young football team this year? I am a Richlands fan and was at the game friday. They seemed young to me because of the lack of physical play. Richlands is young and in recent years they have had more physical teams than this. All in all they laid some hard hits out their. Abingdon does have a better football team than they used to. Yea they had a good team last year, almost got us. The odd thing to me is the enrollment that the falcons have it seems they would break through with a few spectacular years.

Enrollment is exactly why I've always though Abingdon, Marion, and CC were just knocking at the door of being great, consistently.

What gives with it tho?

Enrollment should allow for more than 55-60 players to come out, but that's about all there is. Too many athletes walking the hall or who feel they are too specialized an athlete than to play another sport other than their "Choice" sport. (Intentional stab, someone sold athletes in high school on this concept and it has hurt all sports) Off of soap box.

Abingdon's team is young. They graduated about 16 seniors last year that pretty much all had three years varsity experience. This year QB is a sophomore, only one returning starter from the o-line; inexperienced wideouts with exception of #9. He's the only reliable receiver. On defense there's at least 3 sophomores starting. They have a lot of returners and several sophomores. It's a fair mix of grades represented. The biggest difference is that the youth is not only young in grade but also upper classmen young in experience.

For my two cents worth--yes, you could tell the Falcons were young and not a very physical team. To their advantage, they do have some speed and their qb does have a pretty good arm. If the qb can connect with the receivers and the rb can get to the outside (maybe with the option) I think they can make it an interesting game with the Dawgs.