Questions for the former Pocahontas students/fans...

GMan

How has the transition been so far??? Are the students feeling "accepted" at their school of choice? Are they seeing more or fewer academic and athletic opportunities so far? How are your Friday nights different now at Graham/Tazewell as opposed to how they were when Pocy was open? Are you finding it easy to cheer for your new school??? Isn't winning a few games fun???

I have been in both of the school several times since the new transition, and I havnt seen or heard anything about the "Pocy students". I think that means the transistion is going very smoothly. The ex-Pocahontas students that I have talked to at Graham and Tazewell are loving it. We all know the ones that are playing football at Tazewell are fitting in well. But the ones that I know at Graham are also getting involved with things such as Band, Volleyball, and Cheerleading. I think they are all realizing just how much more they have avaliable to them at thier new schools.

I think Pocohontas won a few games last year and they had several good athletes...Where did those guys end up playing at? Im taking it as most ended up at Tazwell and im sure they got a few that has really helped out.....

I think Pocohontas won a few games last year and they had several good athletes...Where did those guys end up playing at? Im taking it as most ended up at Tazwell and im sure they got a few that has really helped out.....

Yes, that I know most of the football players went to Tazewell, and yes they are good athletes, and Tazewell is glad to have them...

yes, that i know most of the football players went to tazewell, and yes they are good athletes, and tazewell is glad to have them...

at one point in last weeks tazewell game 6 out of the 11 players on the field were indians last year. All of the players that are at tazewell love being bulldogs!!!!!!!

at one point in last weeks tazewell game 6 out of the 11 players on the field were indians last year. All of the players that are at tazewell love being bulldogs!!!!!!!

And we are happy that they are Bulldogs....

at one point in last weeks tazewell game 6 out of the 11 players on the field were indians last year.

and its showing.3-0

Sounds like people are already making excuses as to why Tazewell has fielded a good team this year....W're glad to have the Pocy kids cause I can name at least 3 who are real contributors but don't forget the heart of the team is a punishing runner who has already committed to Wake Forest.

Sounds like people are already making excuses as to why Tazewell has fielded a good team this year....W're glad to have the Pocy kids cause I can name at least 3 who are real contributors but don't forget the heart of the team is a punishing runner who has already committed to Wake Forest.

without the pocy players last year tazewell was 0-3.players from pocy come to tazewell this year and they are 3-0.no excuses just good observation.learn how to take a compliment.

It was not an excuse of any kind. I am a bulldog fan!!!! I was only trying to make it a point to let people know that the kids that came from Pocy are doing a great job for us.

It was not an excuse of any kind. I am a bulldog fan!!!! I was only trying to make it a point to let people know that the kids that came from Pocy are doing a great job for us.

I was commenting with you...not against you.

To the Graham fan with the observation.

Yes last year Tazewell was 0-3 and the Pocy kids have really helped out alot. That #33 is a beast on D.

But to say its only cause of the Pocy kids is pathetic. Thats a terrible excuse.

Actually, they aren't Pocy kids anymore....they are Tazewell kids. Just like all the kids Richlands and Graham draw aren't Raven or Falls Mills kids but kids of their respective schools.

Terrible excuse sir.

The Bulldog's are a better team without a doubt. The additional experience they have with the offense, a year's maturity on the returning players, and an influx of new blood from both the Middle School and Pocahantas are all factors.

Personnally I hope everyone has a great year and we have competitive games to enjoy each week.

I think they are all realizing just how much more they have avaliable to them at thier new schools.

there aren't that many things available to former pocy students that weren't already available to them. phs had a band--an award winning band--before the sb decided to hire randy butcher, who didn't feel like teaching the class and used it as a play period instead. class offerings are mostly the same, thanks to fiber optics. the difference lies in the new school colors and the insanely long drive to pick up kids from practices or support them at games.

that said, it is nice to see tazewell doing well again, and as many phs kids chose to go there, it's also nice to see them enjoying the on-field success that phs had under coach wyatt in previous years.

anyone wonder why all the football players came to tazewell

I think the answer to that was posted three posts above your's...

That and the fact they knew Tazewell was so bad last season that they might have a chance to play...