Graham-Gretna game on Saturday

Hokiebird7

Still can't get over losing huh?

Oh no we are way past losing. It is the cheating we are having trouble with.

But on a positive note...final 42-3 Gretna......good thing you got Harris back or this one could have gotten ugly.

Oh no we are way past losing. It is the cheating we are having trouble with.

But on a positive note...final 42-3 Gretna......good thing you got Harris back or this one could have gotten ugly.

You know I take that with a grain of salt. Funny thing is that we absolutely suck, and you couldn't even beat us. You didn't beat us on the scoreboard or the stat sheet. And you won't beat Richlands or South Charleston either. You better hope to god you beat Robert C. Byrd or you will be sitting home watching the playoffs with us you crybaby.

........or you will be sitting home watching the playoffs with us you crybaby.

No doubt, Bluefield has a tremendous football tradition and rightly so.....However, your statement does bring an interesting point to light (for the 4000th time on this board). If Bluefield does somehow manage to make the playoffs, how surprising would it really be if they manage to win another WV state championship? I think everyone realizes that the odds of that happening are much greater than the odds of Tazewell or Richlands winning the Va. Division 3 championship......

No doubt, Bluefield has a tremendous football tradition and rightly so.....However, your statement does bring an interesting point to light (for the 4000th time on this board). If Bluefield does somehow manage to make the playoffs, how surprising would it really be if they manage to win another WV state championship? I think everyone realizes that the odds of that happening are much greater than the odds of Tazewell or Richlands winning the Va. Division 3 championship......

That would not suprise me whatsoever........if they would win the first game, watch out. Especially in a year where no big name has established themselves.

You know I take that with a grain of salt. Funny thing is that we absolutely suck, and you couldn't even beat us. You didn't beat us on the scoreboard or the stat sheet. And you won't beat Richlands or South Charleston either. You better hope to god you beat Robert C. Byrd or you will be sitting home watching the playoffs with us you crybaby.

I haven't watched graham since the bluefield game but my guess is graham's not the team they were early in the season, injury to their fb, an rb who's not even from graham plays, complains, quits, returns, 1 good team after another on the schedule and perhaps each game is harder for graham mentallu. Teams have these types of seasons and they can be frustrating. Disrespecting other teams with comments like that is a sign of it.

Oddly before the marion game graham fans were boasting about the 3 good team's they'd played, christiansburg, blacksburg and "bluefield", whereas marion hadn't played any according to them. Richlands was down for the count and in the swd banter richlands would be defeated by bluefield, now bluefield sucks and won't defeat richlands. I'll take all that with a grain of salt to.

Personally it won't matter to me if bluefield's in the playoffs or not, they play hard and you can only expect so much after graduating so many key players from a title team, whatever success they have this season for such a youthful team is gravy.

As for them earning a title, good to think positive but realistically there's never been a bluefield title team that wasn't playing strong football from the start.

That would not suprise me whatsoever........if they would win the first game, watch out. Especially in a year where no big name has established themselves.

I don't know how familiar you are with aa football in wv, but in my opinion keyser might very well be on a different level than any other aa team.

I haven't watched graham since the bluefield game but my guess is graham's not the team they were early in the season, injury to their fb, an rb who's not even from graham plays, complains, quits, returns, 1 good team after another on the schedule and perhaps each game is harder for graham mentallu. Teams have these types of seasons and they can be frustrating. Disrespecting other teams with comments like that is a sign of it.

Oddly before the marion game graham fans were boasting about the 3 good team's they'd played, christiansburg, blacksburg and "bluefield", whereas marion hadn't played any according to them. Richlands was down for the count and in the swd banter richlands would be defeated by bluefield, now bluefield sucks and won't defeat richlands. I'll take all that with a grain of salt to.

Personally it won't matter to me if bluefield's in the playoffs or not, they play hard and you can only expect so much after graduating so many key players from a title team, whatever success they have this season for such a youthful team is gravy.

As for them earning a title, good to think positive but realistically there's never been a bluefield title team that wasn't playing strong football from the start.

So let me get this straight here......A fan of yours gets on here and twice accuses us of cheating and I am disrespecting your team? Try losing with a little dignity instead of kicking a dog when it's down and taking a cheap shot. Bottom line is this we are 2-4, Bluefield is 1-3. Graham beat Bluefield 25-23, and it will never change. You people need to get over yourselves.......

So let me get this straight here......A fan of yours gets on here and twice accuses us of cheating and I am disrespecting your team? Try losing with a little dignity instead of kicking a dog when it's down and taking a cheap shot. Bottom line is this we are 2-4, Bluefield is 1-3. Graham beat Bluefield 25-23, and it will never change. You people need to get over yourselves.......

A fan of mine? Actually you were disrespecting bluefield, 2 wrongs don't make a right. Advise someone else to lose with dignity, what I wrote myself had nothing to do with bluefield graham '08, other than suggesting I thought graham was playing better football early when they had more expectations out of the season and hadn't had any team adversity.

A fan of mine? Actually you were disrespecting bluefield, 2 wrongs don't make a right. Advise someone else to lose with dignity, what I wrote myself had nothing to do with bluefield graham '08, other than suggesting I thought graham was playing better football early when they had more expectations out of the season and hadn't had any team adversity.

No actually you interjected yourself into this by telling me I was disrespecting Bluefield. I gave an opinion, and in a few weeks we will see if I am right. If that is disrespecting Bluefield then you are crazy. Futhermore, I never accused Bluefield of cheating.......twice. You sure don't seem to have a problem with that do you? Tell you what, do us both a favor and just don't reply to this thread anymore. It will only escalate if you do.......

No actually you interjected yourself into this by telling me I was disrespecting Bluefield. I gave an opinion, and in a few weeks we will see if I am right. If that is disrespecting Bluefield then you are crazy. Futhermore, I never accused Bluefield of cheating.......twice. You sure don't seem to have a problem with that do you? Tell you what, do us both a favor and just don't reply to this thread anymore. It will only escalate if you do.......

What someone else wrote about graham isn't really my concern, but that's not to suggest I won't comment about things written about bluefield. I don't really care whether or not your opinion proves right or not either, I'm simply not considering any of bluefield's other games certain defeats.

gretna has the best team speed i think i've ever seen in a A team

Their teams of a few years ago with Vic Hall had loads of speed. If I recall correctly, they threw the ball more than they did yesterday. Not for sure, but those earlier teams were probably quicker. Their two tackles were huge, and were impressive as well. Played both ways. Overall, I didn't think they had alot of size outside those two. Then again, they really didn't need size. A very good team. Just an observation, Gretna didn't show alot of emotion. They seemed to be very business-like. Good luck to them the rest of the season. Seen in the paper today that they have William Campbell coming up. Would love to see that game.

WE haven't taken one of those ass whoopins since salem back in '91. WE still managed to finish 8-4. Don't know if this group is capable of making a turn around because WE play no defense. Never seen a Graham team give up so many points. Better get some grit in your crawl or some piss and vinegar and get to it guys.

WE haven't taken one of those ass whoopins since salem back in '91. WE still managed to finish 8-4. Don't know if this group is capable of making a turn around because WE play no defense. Never seen a Graham team give up so many points. Better get some grit in your crawl or some piss and vinegar and get to it guys.

I think you forgot the Blacksburg game from last season...55-7...