Bluefield richlands

buzzsawBeaver

I would not be talking about refs because you guys get to pick what ref crew you get so if you guys pick them thats your fault. Another thing do you remember the last time we played you guys up there it was the worst called game i have ever seen other than the Grundy playoff game.

What your excuse this time, Honey?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we passed the ball way too much...thought mance and crew were watching the same game i was until once again to open the second half we ran the ball into the red zone then went empty backfield...3 times i could count we did that. also the last 2 possessions of the first half we run the ball for 8 yards then throw it twice. next time we throw it 3 times. to me those possessions were back breakers. bluefield never stopped the run we just quit running the ball. i really can't figure it out. it's like we have to pass the ball whether we need to or not. oh well...congratulations beaver and good luck the rest of the season.

we passed the ball way too much...thought mance and crew were watching the same game i was until once again to open the second half we ran the ball into the red zone then went empty backfield...3 times i could count we did that. also the last 2 possessions of the first half we run the ball for 8 yards then throw it twice. next time we throw it 3 times. to me those possessions were back breakers. bluefield never stopped the run we just quit running the ball. i really can't figure it out. it's like we have to pass the ball whether we need to or not. oh well...congratulations beaver and good luck the rest of the season.

I thought that Mance would run more also being that this is Bluefields achilles heel.

What your excuse this time, Honey?

For your information i was coming on here to say that tonight the better team won. Bluefield played with alot of class and the fans and radio guys had a lot of class the refs called a fair game and that is all i asked for. Really though that is the best bunch of fans i have ever had a chance to talk too even before the game just a real class act all the way around. You guys have one of the best radio crews i have had a chance to meet bob there is no explaining how great of a guy he really is. Once again Congrats bluefield you guys earned the win tonight and too Richlands do not worrie over this loss it did not really mean that much not a district game have a great weekend and get back to work on monday only got 2 weeks to get ready for CC.

I was so mad when I went to the restroom at halftime and heard about 5 or 6 Richlands fans complaining about the officiating. Saying things such as "you might as well be down 14-0 when you come here.." and "this is some championship officiating.." stuff like that. It's really a shame that such an incredibly played game by Bluefield has to be trashed by those poor excuses for fans.

Bluefield played absolutely incredible tonight. The line, skill positions, everything just clicked. The offensive line looked completely different from the same line that played the first three games. I thought Richlands opening drive was very, very impressive to churn that much time off the clock while mostly passing. Richlands seemed to move the ball well down the field but stalled out after a while. As I predicted, Richlands didn't have the athletes to cover Bluefield at the skill positions. With Richlands matching up one-on-one a lot and bringing their safeties up, I was surprised to not see more shots taken down field. Even so, I thought it was a very well played game from Bluefield. If they play this way or the rest of the regular season, the end of season match with South Charleston will be one heck of a game.

congrats to richlands as well yall, they have a strong program and exceptional support from fans there, something that can often be overlooked, but is something to be really proud of. Bluefield's simply playing some good football presently with the athletes we knew they had, instead of playing inexperienced football, and making so many mistakes, but then such a difficult schedule early and 6 games experience can make such a difference.

1 thing about this bluefield team on o is when they spread the field out on a particular play, they have an athlete in basically every pocket the field that can make a big play or go the distance, and this being such a strong passing team, that makes for a lot of targets and a lot of players a d has to concern themselves with.

I agree richlands went away from the ground game to early on 1 or 2 drives, exactly what I wrote about oak hill as well, in my opinion some of that is maybe the mentality of trying to match bluefield score for score, knowing how well they're playing on o, but then they should realize longer drives keeps bluefield's o off the field.

Regardless bluefield's playing good football presently, but beware, mount view is a potential

trap game. Bluefield might be looking ahead and past mount view, but historically, mt. view is a very difficult place for bluefield to play, regardless of mt. view's record, and don't thinkl history doesn't apply to you in the present to. Simply they have to beware, and prepare for a tough game and to play their best. This was a big game for bluefield's playoff potential, but it hardly clinched the playoffs for them, they still have to earn the victories each weekl for at least 3 more games to earn the playoffs. There's 0 room for error or else south charleston would be a must game for bluefield, and they'll be a tall order.

Congrats to bluefield on such a strong game, and such a physical game as well.

But good fortune to richlands and have a safe season, always a team to respect and game to anticipate. God bless!!!!

I was so mad when I went to the restroom at halftime and heard about 5 or 6 Richlands fans complaining about the officiating. Saying things such as "you might as well be down 14-0 when you come here.." and "this is some championship officiating.." stuff like that. It's really a shame that such an incredibly played game by Bluefield has to be trashed by those poor excuses for fans.

heard some of the same from the same ol people who tend to be very vocal. i had to ask one of them how the refs managed to get receivers open twice with no one within 20 yards of them. i did think the roughing call should have been the 5 yard variety but coles did a good job selling it. imo all roughing fouls should be 15 yards and if blocked into the kicker it should be a "no call", but that's for another thread. the big surprise for me was the good job by the beaver line in protecting coles. i have always thought we need to delay our blitz and let the lb's pick the holes rather than bringing them up to the line. an expierienced qb will recognize it and just dump it off outside and with the lb's trapped inside it makes our soft corners even softer.

saw that all night. in reply to the quote i thought the officiating was a non-issue

No such thing as a 5-yard roughing penalty in HS football....they are all 15 yarders...

Even if the officiating was a two TD difference, as stated in the post above ("you might as well be down 14-0 when you come here.."), Bluefield still wins this game by a TD...

No such thing as a 5-yard roughing penalty in HS football....they are all 15 yarders...

Even if the officiating was a two TD difference, as stated in the post above ("you might as well be down 14-0 when you come here.."), Bluefield still wins this game by a TD...

That's funny coming from Richlands........that is what we have thought for years playing down there......

1. Agreed....officiating was a non-issue.

2. Congrats to the Beavers. A very good team that has "jelled" at the right time w/a history/tradition of pride in their football program. I would not be surprised to see Blfd. go deep into the playoffs, if they continue to play as they did last night.

3. BillyB, since you obviously had the game winning play calling strategy last night (indicative of your posts on this thread)....I would be down at the RHS coaches' office Monday morning letting them know how they SHOULD have called it. Mance and staff seems like they've done a "fairly" decent coaching job these past few years.

(Blfd. has speed......speed can negate many and much. Example, Blfd scores in seconds after RHS scores. Any Richlands fan that thought Blfd wasn't going to be ready to play last night.....had to much sugar in their breakfast cereal and overloaded their thought process.)

4. Richlands lost last night.......but don't doubt for one minute that the Richlands coaching staff won't take that game and analyze, digest and break down what the team did wrong and be prepared for the next game. That's what a good coaching staff does. Blfd.'s coaching staff didn't hang it up after going 0-3....they kept adjusting, coaching to their players strengths and building confidence.....that's exactly what Richlands did after their poor start at the beginning of the season. Richlands will now focus on the 2 district games to play and take nothing and no team for granted.

5. Good luck Beavers in your quest to the playoffs.

1. Agreed....officiating was a non-issue.

2. Congrats to the Beavers. A very good team that has "jelled" at the right time w/a history/tradition of pride in their football program. I would not be surprised to see Blfd. go deep into the playoffs, if they continue to play as they did last night.

3. BillyB, since you obviously had the game winning play calling strategy last night (indicative of your posts on this thread)....I would be down at the RHS coaches' office Monday morning letting them know how they SHOULD have called it. Mance and staff seems like they've done a "fairly" decent coaching job these past few years.

(Blfd. has speed......speed can negate many and much. Example, Blfd scores in seconds after RHS scores. Any Richlands fan that thought Blfd wasn't going to be ready to play last night.....had to much sugar in their breakfast cereal and overloaded their thought process.)

4. Richlands lost last night.......but don't doubt for one minute that the Richlands coaching staff won't take that game and analyze, digest and break down what the team did wrong and be prepared for the next game. That's what a good coaching staff does. Blfd.'s coaching staff didn't hang it up after going 0-3....they kept adjusting, coaching to their players strengths and building confidence.....that's exactly what Richlands did after their poor start at the beginning of the season. Richlands will now focus on the 2 district games to play and take nothing and no team for granted.

5. Good luck Beavers in your quest to the playoffs.

A friend that I was sitting with made the comment at halftime that Coach Mance was probably chewing some butt and that he will make the necessary adjustments going into the second half. It is no big secret that Bluefields achilles heel is the inability to stop the inside power running game even though they are getting better it is still a problem, but I noticed that in the beginning of the second half that Richlands was running right at Bluefield and with some success but the only problem with that was that it was time consuming and that does not help the situation when a team is playing catch up football.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Will Cole proved his worth last night. The kid is playing great football right now, and no one can deny him that.