falcons vs g-boys

cowboyup

the only thing that can stop the falcons this week-is the falcons. graham has not even slowed anyone down all year. richlands (really does not have a great offense almost scored 50) blew the the gmen away as did everyone else. i would have to say for all the talk graham is one of the most diappointing teams in swva. can't wait for the offensive assault on friday!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing that can stop the falcons this week-is the falcons. graham has not even slowed anyone down all year. richlands (really does not have a great offense almost scored 50) blew the the gmen away as did everyone else. i would have to say for all the talk graham is one of the most diappointing teams in swva. can't wait for the offensive assault on friday!

Everyone else?? G-Men won against Marion, Grundy, and Bluefield. Played tough against Tazewell...minus the two turnovers and it could've been even closer. We weren't blown away by C'burg either. That game was closer than the score. I don't think anyone in the SWD could hang with Gretna. Yes, Richlands put a whoopin on us...I do think we have gotten some better since then.

I pick the falcons simply because the way that both teams played tazewell. Cause that's the only time I've seen them play. But the Falcons played Tazewell alot better than Graham and nearly mounted a comeback with less than 2 minutes to play. The passing attack of the falcons and the running game of Graham are going to be about even. If Graham can go to the air well or if the falcons can get it done on the ground, that will be a major factor in the final score. Defense will play a very big role though. And really, I think the falcons have an edge there. Not taking anything away from Graham.

Just an opinion from a Tazewell fan.

I look for a game very similar to last year, Graham will run all over Abingdon, and Abingdon will make Graham look clueless with the pass setting up the run. Graham will control the clock with running the ball. And the Falcons will hit Graham with big play after big play. In the end, Abingdon 41 Graham 35.........

is graham still playing that guy from blufield? someone told me tonight they might have to forfeit every game he has been in. i think they said he enrolled at blufield this year and then went back to gboys. if this is the case throw him out there on friday and we will take a forfeit too. heck i think we can beat you anyway!

Yes that guy from Blufield is still playing for the g-boys...he went and played just a couple of games at Blufield to help get them back to winning and then we paid him to come back to help the g-boys the rest of the season. Hopefully Abingdon will call off the dogs after the first quarter.

I think another HUGE factor for Abingdon will be its kicking game. Their kicker has a Division 1 leg with a little league consistency rating. In a close game, PAT's, or lack there of could hurt Abingdon. It cost Abingdon the Carroll Co. game. Lost by 2 or 3, had a PAT blocked and a FG, plus missed a PAT and FG. A possible 8 points. If the kicker made only half of those, Abingdon wins by 1.

Yes that guy from Blufield is still playing for the g-boys...he went and played just a couple of games at Blufield to help get them back to winning and then we paid him to come back to help the g-boys the rest of the season. Hopefully Abingdon will call off the dogs after the first quarter.

Good answer...:D

Are you serious? If thats the case, why would you post it on here? I mean, its illegal and would cost you.

When is the last time Abingdon went up to Mitchell Stadium and got a win? How far has Graham fallen? I remember traveling around watching them play the last 5-6 years and they were tough. When I was in high school everyone wanted to play Abingdon they were really soft. I really feel bad for Graham they were so respected when I was growing up and now they are a 500 team. I certainly hope the G-men will get things turned around up there. Prediction: Abingdon-28 Graham-13

If Graham's corners can make some stops and if they use at a least 70% run and 30% pass attack they would be a different team. They have the run game.

I think Graham because home field advanage and if Abingdon's players are listening to their fans they might just trip theirselfs.

i can't believe this..graham wins big..honestly,does anybody in a-town hit anybody..the g men will hit hard and cause alot of trouble for the young qb..abingdon has no run game..if it rains,it could get ugly..

i can't believe this..graham wins big..honestly,does anybody in a-town hit anybody..the g men will hit hard and cause alot of trouble for the young qb..abingdon has no run game..if it rains,it could get ugly..

If Abingdon doesn't have a ground game, this game may go in Graham's favor due to the forecasted weather conditions. The forecast is for 100% chance of rain tonight and windy...if the wind continues to blow the way it did all night last night and this morning (15-25 mph with gusts of 35+), its going to be extremely difficult to toss a wet pigskin around...and everyone knows how the wind swirls at Mitchell Stadium, you never know which way its blowing...

This could turn into a low scoring, defensive battle...

Ask the teams they have played...win or lose...Abingdon hits people

Read in the BDT this morning about how Graham is young. I thought they were all Sr. and Jr. except for the Bluefield transfer. I'd always considered a team of all Sr. and Jr. older and experienced.

Marrs trying to make the record look better...because they're "young"...they have a lot of juniors....

i believe abingdon will not be able to run the ball too well tonight but i do think they will pass all over graham, but graham needs to regain some pride so it will def be a close one till the end i say either team by 7 or less

i believe abingdon will not be able to run the ball too well tonight but i do think they will pass all over graham, but graham needs to regain some pride so it will def be a close one till the end i say either team by 7 or less

Its pretty wet and windy in Bluefield right now and the forecast is for heavier rain and more wind through the evening...I don't see either team having much success throwing the ball tonight...

Marrs trying to make the record look better...because they're "young"...they have a lot of juniors....

Funny thing is that most of those young juniors have started 19 games now.

If Graham's corners can make some stops and if they use at a least 70% run and 30% pass attack they would be a different team. They have the run game.

I think Graham because home field advanage and if Abingdon's players are listening to their fans they might just trip theirselfs.

Graham's corners haven't made stops all year long...