Dear Lance,

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Ok so Lance, I know you at one time supported Mike Huckabee, and now support Obama... I just wanted to show you some similarities between Huckabee and McCain before Tuesday.

Immigration - Both strongly support a fence on the border. Both support cutting funding to cities that harbor illegals. Both support employers having to check their workers and them paying fines for illegals.

Healthcare - Both are against Universal Healthcare, but both want to extend goverment spending on the matter.

National Defense - Both want to decrease Nuclear weapons, want to stay in Iraq as long as people arent getting killed, and both want to move unilaterally.

Taxes - Both oppose increasing taxes again on the wealthiest Americans, both support tax cuts for the middle class, and both support the reduction of taxes on capitol gains.

Economics and Trade - Both support free trade, and their economic policies are parallel.

Education - Both support giving teachers an increase on incentive based pay, and both want pay raises for teachers.

Now I know this is only a few items, but I think they hold a great deal of issues in them. Also, in regards to economics, Huckabee is a scholar. And he agrees with McCain's policies. Arkansas is booming. I can see why you chose him in the beginning.

But I can also see where you could choose McCain in the end...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

No its the truth.

You should be impressed that I never mentioned Obamas name during the whole post, no scare tactics or whatever you want to call them, just pointing out some facts...

No its the truth.

You should be impressed that I never mentioned Obamas name during the whole post, no scare tactics or whatever you want to call them, just pointing out some facts...

It was a joke dude.

You guys are a little uptight about all of this. I know you're going say "When it comes to the future of the country we need to be uptight, blah blah blah". Neither President is going to turn this country around, they each have their own agenda. At this point, it is which one will affect me the least. I really don't have that much faith in either one.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, I was really just kidding around with my first comment, and most of my other ones on this matter.

Edited by BigBlueAlum

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I dont think we are uptight, we just are sick of the Liberal media and people not understanding the issues. JJ touched on it on another post. We have a candidate and want to support him. There is nothing wrong with that.

And we are passionate for a reason, we are likely to have a president who has never truly accomplished any congressional feats, who tends to go way liberal or abstain and sit on the fence on many issues. This man was first on national tv 4 years ago. No one knew of him before then. He is the media's creation. Now according to most media, we are going into a recession, one of the worst times ever. Now whether you believe that or not is up to you... but to think this election is trivial is saddening with all the things going on...

Guest BEAVERTAIL
Alright. You win. Im voting for McCain now... you happy?

Im sure the McCain Campaign would love your vote. But the point of the matter is that this is a serious issue. And its seriously disturbing when people from both camps dont understand the issues and when people make light of it...

I think you understand the issues, not liberally or conservatively but moderately, and its sad that people who do understand dont vote and dont take it seriously. Its a right to vote, a right that we should be proud of.

No hard feelings here at all, just seems like youve been a Negative Nancy today as my buddy Bluefield Rocks likes to say...

what it boils down to i guess is that McCain is my dad's age...and I just can't imagine my dad running the country...lol...that's not really fair I know...but I just can't get past it...lol.

Im sure the McCain Campaign would love your vote. But the point of the matter is that this is a serious issue. And its seriously disturbing when people from both camps dont understand the issues and when people make light of it...

I think you understand the issues, not liberally or conservatively but moderately, and its sad that people who do understand dont vote and dont take it seriously. Its a right to vote, a right that we should be proud of.

No hard feelings here at all, just seems like youve been a Negative Nancy today as my buddy Bluefield Rocks likes to say...

I understand the issues, and I agree with some from both sides. I guess my problem is I just can't see how you guys can absolutely agree with everything that McCain stands for. Now, I'm not saying anything about him personally, I’m strictly talking policies. But what are the chances of all these people seeing exactly eye to eye with one man, and not disagree on one subject. There has to be something about him that you don’t like, or don’t agree with. Likewise there has to be something about Obama that you like, or agree with. I just don’t think it is possible for a bunch of random people from varying backgrounds to miraculously agree on every issue.

By the way, I prefer to be called Pessimistic Patty.

what it boils down to i guess is that McCain is my dad's age...and I just can't imagine my dad running the country...lol...that's not really fair I know...but I just can't get past it...lol.

Remember grasshopper, with age comes WISDOM!

The scariest part for me is the thought of putting a president in office that is the same party as the congressional majority, specially when many immoral agendas are getting so much support. And we don't have an unbiased media to get the word to the american people.

The scariest part for me is the thought of putting a president in office that is the same party as the congressional majority, specially when many immoral agendas are getting so much support. And we don't have an unbiased media to get the word to the american people.

Republican President past 8 years, Republican Majority 6 out of 8 years. Were you scared then as well?

No, because the tendancy over the last 2-3 decades has been that the democrats have been moving toward supporting more things that go against what I look at when deciding who I am voting for. Such as homosexual agendas, abortion, immigration, etc.

I am not syaing all democrats lean that way and I'm not saying all republicans lean the other way. I'm saying that based on what we are allowed to know about the two men running for office now, I am sorely afraid to put the democrat cadidate in office with pelosi and her bunch in charge in congress.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
I understand the issues, and I agree with some from both sides. I guess my problem is I just can't see how you guys can absolutely agree with everything that McCain stands for. Now, I'm not saying anything about him personally, I’m strictly talking policies. But what are the chances of all these people seeing exactly eye to eye with one man, and not disagree on one subject. There has to be something about him that you don’t like, or don’t agree with. Likewise there has to be something about Obama that you like, or agree with. I just don’t think it is possible for a bunch of random people from varying backgrounds to miraculously agree on every issue.

By the way, I prefer to be called Pessimistic Patty.

Id say we disagree on many things with McCain, but where would it get us to tell people them. Ill say mine though, I disagree with his stance on amnesty and on torture.

What do I like about Obama? Umm... He is a good speaker. He can motivate people. I really cant think of any policies I agree with although I dont feel like thinking hard. lol

Going from Mike Huckabee,a great man and very conservative. And now support Obama a self proclaimed wealth spreader and most liberal man in DC... ''WOW'' talking about going from one end to the other, thats pretty amazing. from light to darkness. from day to night.

those first 6 were good last two bad... You do the math

It took years to get into the mess we are in. I can assure you it didnt just happen in two years time. Probably not even in the last 6 years, but the Republicans had a lot more time to fix it than the Democrats did. Both parties are responsible for the mess America is in today, not just the Democrats.

Going from Mike Huckabee,a great man and very conservative. And now support Obama a self proclaimed wealth spreader and most liberal man in DC... ''WOW'' talking about going from one end to the other, thats pretty amazing. from light to darkness. from day to night.

Very valid point. Barack Obama is about as far left as you can go.

No, Obama is as far left as you can go.

National Journal has ranked Sen. Barack Obama as the most liberal member of the Senate. Sen. Hillary Clinton ranked 16th.

http://realclearpolitics.blogs.time.com/2008/01/31/national_journal_obama_most_li/

Yes. I was going to post that he was the most liberal, but I was only about 99.5% sure of it but I didn't want to post something I was 100% sure of. I am too lazy to take the 30 seconds to do the research and confirm it. What a week!