What makes a good FB Program?

preacher

As you know, I love football and believe that Washington County is a beautiful place for the sport to grow. We have one county team going to the post season (Holston) out of 4 High Schools. My question: What makes a good Football Program and how does a coach/community build it?

Edited by preacher

Simple. Good coaching, the will to prepare, pride in your community, and most importantly, a successful youth program with good quality people.

A good quote that is relevant.

"Upon the field of friendly strife are sown the seeds, that on other fields, on other days, will bear the fruits of victory." -----------General Douglas MacArthur

It all starts at the youth level. When they participate and have fun they will return and be eager to learn. Your jv and varsity players need to take time to go talk to these kids for they are the ones they look up to. Good examples must be set by them. Most of these kids in small rural areas are dedicated individuals that will put forth hard work and dedication to the cause. Trust your coaches and embrace them. With the communities support they will achieve!

Coaching, players, and parents who leave the coaches and players alone. Its amazing that a team like Maryville (TN) has the string they have, almost unreal. I was in Texas training a month or so ago and the HS football teams were practicing before and after school. No kidding.