#1 Seed Holston vs E. Montgomery

ftbll4lfe

Although Eastmont lost to Glenvar last night, they had been playing very well against opposition such as Giles, Floyd and Radford. This was my least optimistic match-up for the Cavs. I think that Holston should have more speed, however, who knows how a three-week layoff will affect them? Does anyone know what kind of passing game Eastmont has? That has been Holston's defensive weakness this year. Should be a good game and I hope that the field is dry.

What type of offensive lineman does Holston have? Are they big and slow or small and quick. If they are slow then Em will be in the backfield all night long. EM has a decent passing game nothing stellar. #8 is very fast and can burn you as a wr. The qb is a soph and I give him an average rating.

I hope GW, Chilhowie and Holston all win and make the district proud. Will help with respect on down the road.
. Should be quite a good matchup. East Mont has decent size and speed. Narrows was lucky to steal their game against them in week 1. I look for it to be a good game and I see East Mont taking this one with a go ahead touchdown with under two to play. EM 22 Holston 21

wait,i did..but i forgot we played in your back yard...that's ok..you won't be on here much after fri.gw,goes down in floyd.

Actually I will. If GW goes down to Floyd, then I will be the first to congratulate Floyd on their victory. But the real question is will you be around here if Holston loses?

Holston had some good practices the past few weeks. The time has allowed the QB and several other key players to rest and recover and this will only help. East Mont beat a big-headed Radford team who started to come back but the bad weather caused for a very slow game. East Mont lost to Bland who the Cavaliers beat fairly easily and we could have ran the score up even further but they put in the JV. I look for Matlock and team to be hungry for a playoff victory.

I was really hoping for a dry field - that clearly was a bit of an equalizer for EM in the Radford game. Friday night, the field will be sopping wet and as you've seen this year, Meff doesn't do as well in the mud. Having not seen EM, I just don't know what to expect.

i'll be around just to see if gw is still the best team in the world in bball to..what is it with the wythe community..you guys really like keeping things going.is it in the water up there?as for the game fri..holston plays pretty good in the rain..medford is a great little back..but bramlett and pratt can get it done..i think jordan will have a big game as well.still think it won't be close.

Great game! Dillon DeArmond returned a fumble for a td late to give the Cavs a 13-6 lead. Jordan Blevins made a huge stop on EM's two point conversion with 46 seconds left and Cavs recover onsides kick to cement win. Concerns as to how bad Pratt's hand is injured - only one pass attempt in the second half. Gotta turn it up a lot next week...