Anyone from Chilhowie

Hokiebird7

Do you know if the game will be Friday night or Saturday? I hope it's Friday since that's what high school football is all about.

And also how do you get to the field from I-81? Which exit and directions to the stadium?

Thanks and hope to see a good game Friday night and an injury free game for both teams!

The game will be Friday Night at 7:30. Take I-81 South to Exit 35 (Chilhowie). Turn right and go about a half mile past McDonald's and across the railroad tracks. Turn right at the red light and go about a mile and the school is on the right. The school parking lot and adjacent bank on the same side fill up quick. A lot people park in the band field behind the BB&T bank beside the school and when all that fills up you can park across the road from the school at the Bank of Chilhowie and the old shopping center. Can't wait to have you Giles fans down, hope it will be a good game, have a safe trip down Spartans.

Thanks for the help. Can't wait to make the trip down I-81 Friday evening. Always enjoy going to a new stadium to watch the Spartans. This is something different for us since we usually have home games but not this year oh well. Should be a good game between 2 good teams. Lets just hope it's an injury free game on both sides and all fans make it to and from the game in a safe manner also.

Dido to that Hokiebird, can't wait to see Giles and see Journell kick. A couple of helpful notes: You can see the stadium from the interstate on you right just before you get to Exit 35. If there is any hungry Spartan fans we have McDonald's, Hardee's, Subway, and Tastee Freez as far as fast food goes as well as several gas stations that serve pretty good food, and for a good sit down place, El Campestre Mexican Restaurant and Riverfront Cafe (very good, they have anything you want) are on the left just past the school on Route 11. The Varsity Club Pizza Place is across the road from the school in the old shopping center as well.

BTW, The last time Chilhowie hosted a playoff game, the 01 Region C title game vs Floyd they had VDOT style construction signs in town directing you to the game which read "Road to Buffalo Defeat", though that was pretty good, don't know if they will have anything like that this time or not.

Have a good trip down and ask if you have any questions.

Seems like roadwarrior has everything covered. I just wanted to say welcome to our little town. I know it looks to be a good match-up and I know the how tough Giles is year after year. Have a safe trip down and let's hope for good weather and a safe game.

BTW, The last time Chilhowie hosted a playoff game, the 01 Region C title game vs Floyd they had VDOT style construction signs in town directing you to the game which read "Road to Buffalo Defeat", though that was pretty good, don't know if they will have anything like that this time or not.

Have a good trip down and ask if you have any questions.

I remember those signs when the Buffs rolled into town that night. That definitely showed the warrior pride. Floyd was happy to read those signs on the way out though. LOL! Has Chil ever played at Floyd? That remains a possiblity as well. Good luck to all.

Word is that the Chilhowie Elementary Assistant Principal, Colonel Sanders Henderson will be standing in the middle of I-81 wearing only orange speedos and a black stocking cap waving the rowdy Giles fans towards the proper exit. This spectacle alone will eliminate any need for directions.

It also may be worth noting, Chilhowie has probably more visitors stands than home stands, and overall pretty good facilities. Just don't come play us in basketball, haha.

What are you talking about, I get so hype when I play at Chilhowie. Outside of Pulaski and VA High that is my favorite place to play.

What are you talking about, I get so hype when I play at Chilhowie. Outside of Pulaski and VA High that is my favorite place to play.

Maybe to play in.. but to watch, it can get cramped although I will agree.. it provides a good atmosphere.

I know if that Asst principal is wearing that outfit all of them Giles women will stop and try to pick him up and not get to the game. Any thoughts. You Giles Boys better make your women stay at the house because old Col. might just show them the way.

I attended the game and wanted to say both schools showed some of the best sportsmanship I've seen in some time. After the whistle blowed you seen opposing players helping each other up all over the field. The fans also showed much class. One note to add about Va Tech recruit Cody Journell. I approached Cody after the game and told him good game and also asked about his thumb that he injured during the game. He is one of the most well mannered high school players I've ever had the pleasure to meet. I wish him much luck and good fortune at Tech. He is one of the finest kickers I've seen in high school football and also not a bad back. Giles has a classy program and it was a pleasure to face the Spartans. Good Luck in the future and hopefully on down the road there will be many more meetings of these programs. One last thing good game Warriors and good luck next week at Floyd.