whose gonna get on the all swd team???

dogs 08 baby

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wyatt.

Even though most Tazewell fans agree that he was out coached twice by Mance? I would say Mance did more with less this season than Wyatt did.

I say if anyone get it from Tazewell, give it to Louthan....He turned Tazewell's program around, by bringing all the Pocahontas boys with him. lol

Edited by BigBlueAlum

It's out now. I'll post the full list later. Congrats to Joel Elswick and Matt Muncy as SWD Co-Offensive POY! Joel Elswick, Roy Christian and Derek Jackson first team Region IV!

Edited by BigD4VT

It's out now. I'll post the full list later. Congrats to Joel Elswick and Matt Muncy as SWD Co-Offensive POY! Joel Elswick, Roy Christian and Derek Jackson first team Region IV!

wow those guys got all region thats bad

ALL-SWD 2008

1st Team Offense

C - Alex Marrs - Graham

G - Jason Bolen - Carroll Co.

G - Tony Barreras - Graham

Michael Briscoe - Marion

Andrew Nadler - Abingdon

T - Clinton Moore - Tazewell

T - Steven Kelly - Abingdon

Drew McGraw - Carroll County

TE - Torren Byrd - Graham

WR - Christian Hearl - Richlands

WR - Cody Justus - Grundy

Cole Manning - Abingdon

Brandon Pauley - Tazewell

RB - Matt Muncy - Tazewell

RB - Dominique Lane - Graham

RB - Brock Hanna - Marion

Braden Coleman - Abingdon

Cody Mabe - Carroll County

QB - Joel Elswick - Richlands

KR - Matt Muncy - Tazewell

PK - Clark Case - Abingdon

POY - Joel Elswick - Richlands

Matt Muncy - Tazewell

1st Team Defense

E - Chuck Payne - Richlands

E - Stephen Kelly - Abingdon

Drew McGraw - Carroll Co.

L - Roy Christian - Richlands

L - Michael Briscoe - Marion

L - Matt Arnold - Abingdon

Shaquille McDonald - Tazewell

LB - Derek Jackson - Richlands

LB - Tony Barreras - Graham

LB - James Lanning - Carroll Co.

LB - Zac Mitchell - Abingdon

Tyler Nicley - Marion

Andrew Rhudy - Tazewell

DB - Christian Hearl - Richlands

DB - Jonathan Corner - Tazewell

DB - Zack Surratt - Carroll Co.

DB - Austin Bokish - Graham

T.J. Rasnick - Tazewell

P - David Marrs - Graham

POY - James Lanning - Carroll Co.

Coaching Staff of the Year - Richlands

Don't know how Barrett from Tazewell's line did not make the first team.....but it looks like a really good list

Thought Tazewell should've won the Coaching award......yes, Mance did outcoach him twice but look at the turnaround in Tazewell....unbelievable

Could someone please post? I don't see it on the Richlands site....

All-Region IV Team!

Today at 1:16pm 2008 All Region IV Football

Offense

Center Alex Marrs 6’1 235 Jr Graham 4

Guard Dale Davis 6’3 285 Sr Blacksburg 2

Andrew Miller 6’4 274 Sr Bassett 2

Tackle Josh Miller 6’3 295 Sr Pulaski 1

Ronwynn Pritchett 6’3 280 Sr Martinsville 4

Tight End Eric Jacobsen 6’4 190 Jr Cave Spring 2

Wide Out Matt Aiken 6’1 185 Sr Hidden Valley 1

Donte Harvey 5’9 162 Sr Salem 3

RB Matt Muncy 6’4 205 Sr Tazewell 2

Nubian Peak 5’11 190 Sr Pulaski 1

John Harris 5’10 180 Sr Patrick Co 1

QB Joel Elswick 5’11 185 Sr Richlands 4

POY John Harris Patrick Co

Defense

End Brandon Hazzard 6’ 245 Sr Pulaski 3 Ronwynn Pritchett 6’3 280 Sr Martinsville 2

Lineman Roy Christian 6’ 255 Sr Richlands 3

Josh Miller 6’3 295 Sr Pulaski 2 Andrew Miller 6’4 274 Sr Bassett 1

Linebacker Derek Jackson 5’10 205 Sr Richlands 3

James Lanning 6’2 205 Sr Carroll County 3

Zach Weller 6’ 202 Jr Christiansburg 1

Chris Adkins 5’11 200 Sr Patrick Co 4

DB Josh Corner 5’11 155 Jr Tazewell 4

Kyle Schwizer 6’ 161 Sr Salem 1

Zane Quesenberry 5’11 170 Sr Pulaski 4

Matt Aiken 6’1 185 Sr Hidden Valley 3

Punter Colin Welch 6’1 198 Jr Martinsville

POY Andrew Miller Bassett

2nd Team

Center: Rickey Bowers, Patrick Co; Joey Bikkers, Salem

Guard: Jason Bolen, Carroll Co; Tony Barreras, Graham; Brent Bostwick, Christiansburg; Jake Williams, Patrick Co

Tackle: Clinton Moore, Tazewell; Steven Kelley, Abingdon; Tyler Person, Salem; Dameon Hairston, Bassett

Tight End: Torren Byrd, Graham; Patrick Martin, Bassett

Wide Out: Christian Hearl, Richlands; Cody Justice, Grundy; Todd Draper, Bassett; Mikhail Nowlin, Patrick Co

Running Back: Dominique Lane, Graham; Brock Hanna , Marion; Keith Johnston, Christiansburg; David Turner, Hidden Valley; Chris Scott, Martinsville; Justin Williams, Tunstall

Quarterback: Trey Gresh, Blacksburg; RaShawn Woods, Bassett

Kick Returner: Matt Muncy, Tazewll; Lee Butler, Magna Vista

Kicker: Clark Case, Abingdon; Colin Welch, Martinsville

Defense:

End: Chuck Payne, Richlands; Stephen Kelly, Abingdon; Brent Bostwick, Christiansburg, Allan Broadnax, Tunstall

Line: Michael Briscoe, Marion; Matt Arnold, Abingdon; Brandon Turley, Salem

Daniel Teal, Hidden Valley; Justin Williams, Tunstall; Jake Williams, Patrick Co

Linebacker: Tony Barreras, Graham; Zack Mitchel, Abingdon; Corey Reese, Cave Spring, Chad Earheart, Hidden Valley, Byron Becker, Magna Vista; Matt Wilson, Tunstall; Marquell Eggleston Martinsville

DB: Christian Hearl, Richlands; Austin Bokish, Graham; Zack Surrett, Carroll Co; Ricky Sowers, Blacksburg; Rashawn Woods, Bassett; C. J. McLaughlin, Tunstall; Mikhail, Nowlin, Patrick County; JaQuan Hubbard, Tunstall

Punter: David Marrs, Graham; Brad Cox, Christiansburg

Division 3 Coaching Staff of the Year Richlands

Division 4 Coaching Staff of the Year Pulaski County

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life has many choices---eternity has two

GREAT SEASON BLUES!!!

GO GRAYSON RAMS!!!

Don't know how Barrett from Tazewell's line did not make the first team.....but it looks like a really good list

Thought Tazewell should've won the Coaching award......yes, Mance did outcoach him twice but look at the turnaround in Tazewell....unbelievable

With all due respect to Tazewell's coaching staff and players, I think the boys from Pocahontas helped Tazewell far more than their coaching.

With all due respect to Tazewell's coaching staff and players, I think the boys from Pocahontas helped Tazewell far more than their coaching.

Yeah maybe so, and it shows with one of them being on the all region first defense...

Still find it funny that people said the Pocy kids couldn't play in the SWD or Region for that fact since they came from single A..

Gratz to Muncy and Corner and all the local guys that made all region and all swd.

Yeah maybe so, and it shows with one of them being on the all region first defense...

Still find it funny that people said the Pocy kids couldn't play in the SWD or Region for that fact since they came from single A..

Gratz to Muncy and Corner and all the local guys that made all region and all swd.

I was never one that said that...I knew those boys could play football.

Don' they usually make a 2nd team SWD and honorable mention? I only noticed 1st team..

Also I noticed that Graham and Tazewell lead with 7 players a piece...... Richlands racked up on the defensive side of the ball....

Don' they usually make a 2nd team SWD and honorable mention? I only noticed 1st team..

Also I noticed that Graham and Tazewell lead with 7 players a piece...... Richlands racked up on the defensive side of the ball....

i have to say i think for the most part it was pretty bad with graham gettin that many kids cause some of the kids werent good at all

i have to say i think for the most part it was pretty bad with graham gettin that many kids cause some of the kids werent good at all

i agree!!!! i didn't miss a block all year and some one from graham gets it over me. thats retarded

i agree!!!! i didn't miss a block all year and some one from graham gets it over me. thats retarded

well im sure u missed some blocks but i get wat u mean, i mean i was tied for the lead in tackles at LB and second in the district and lead the LBs in turnovers and all that but i didnt truly get all-district...it goes to the teams that finish higher in the district and go farther in playoffs usually

well im sure u missed some blocks but i get wat u mean, i mean i was tied for the lead in tackles at LB and second in the district and lead the LBs in turnovers and all that but i didnt truly get all-district...it goes to the teams that finish higher in the district and go farther in playoffs usually

so TNT where r u thinkin about goin to college? i mean has Florida, Ohio State, or USC called u yet cause obviously ur the best LB in VA and everybody in the southwest district doesnt see that, but im sure if u told the coaches why u didnt get it they would understand

i dont play so i didnt make any tackles, i just get sick of him talkin about how bad all these other players are and how he's the best, and besides the coaches are the ones who vote and im pretty sure they're gonna vote for who they think should get it and if they dont vote for u then apparently they dont think u should. For example if didnt think u deserved poy then they wouldnt have voted for u, and by the way congradulations on that. But i do think some of these younger guys get over looked sometimes