Brookville - Div. 3 state champs

VHSLhelper

yeah... I went back and looked at the recent edits....

the Div. 3 state champs was added Thursday the 13th.

Since then, the principal was changed from Whorley to Spongebob Squarepants, back to Whorley, to Barack Obama, back to Whorley.

Brookville hasn't really been tested all season.

I was off on my prediction that R.E. Lee-Staunton had enough talent to knock them off their perch. Without the turnovers, the Leemen might have had a fighting chance.

Against a team with equal talent and/or motivation, it will be interesting to see how the Bees respond. We should be awfully close to that kind of opportunity this week.

I was off on my prediction that R.E. Lee-Staunton had enough talent to knock them off their perch. Without the turnovers, the Leemen might have had a fighting chance.

Don't forget about your Richlands and Patrick County Prediction...;)

Don't forget about your Richlands and Patrick County Prediction...;)

Oh, I haven't. And I'm very happy to have been wrong about that one.

Anybody with any sense picked Brookville to win Region III this year. I just decided to be contrary and go with Staunton.

Oh, I haven't. And I'm very happy to have been wrong about that one.

Anybody with any sense picked Brookville to win Region III this year. I just decided to be contrary and go with Staunton.

I was just giving you a hard time. I picked against us in the PC game as well.

Guest nameuser

Against a team with equal talent and/or motivation, it will be interesting to see how the Bees respond. We should be awfully close to that kind of opportunity this week.

Brookville hasn't been tested? Amherst, Salem, Jefferson forest for starters, not to mention the rest of the Seminole, which is the toughest district in the AA state.

Believe me - R E Lee was very talented, had maybe the fastest QB in the state who had accumulated 2000 rushing yards and 35 rushing TD's. He threw a very pretty ball with a release much quicker than Elswick's. Had much more speed at the receiver positions than Richlands and were taller. The turnovers were just the nails in the coffin.

Don't get me wrong - I have a lot of respect for the Blue's, they are a solid team with maybe the best coaching in the state, and I say that because they have the results to back it up, but Brookville's coaching is right there with them. I assure you that Brookville is not taking this game or richlands lightly. Brookville knows they need to play perfect, and if they do, they will win and most likely win big. Brookville's team this year is twice the team they had last year and Richlands team this year is not quite what it was last year. With that said, we both know "why you play the game" - I just hope it is a penalty free game, no injuries or close calls on a good field. Good luck to both teams.

One of the dumbest statements I've read in a while

Seminole District would clean up most if not all teams in the area even the weaker teasm in the Seminole would clean up.

It is one of, if not the toughest district in the State.

Brookville has always been a powerhouse as fas as I can remember. Not saying that they made it to the playoffs every year but they have always been decent. When I was in high school, Brookville was a powerhouse then too. They went undefeated and noone scored against them in 6 games until we played them for the district title in 1997. Of course my high school went 10-2 losing to Salem in the Region 4 playoff. Brookville has big strong lineman and fast runningbacks.

The seminole district is tough. Staunton River, was always the weakest link. We had one great season in 1997. Staunton River has some great talent but they just dont have the coaching that they need. The last decent coach we had was Coach Bob Gray who is now one of the coaches at Patrick Henry-Roanoke.

The Seminole District has produced some great Athletes for example Cedric Peerman from William Cambell who is a starter at UVA, Jarrett Ferguson who was a 4 year starter at VT the drafted to the Bills in 2004, also Jerton Evans from Jefferson Forest who was a standout at UVA then went to the NFL somewhere.

But you are right, if they get rid of some of the weaker teams, the Seminole District would be very tough

Edited by VTCC22

Brookville hasn't been tested? Amherst, Salem, Jefferson forest for starters, not to mention the rest of the Seminole, which is the toughest district in the AA state.

Clarification.... There is absolutely no question that Brookville has played some outstanding opponents, and I agree that the Seminole is probably the toughest district in the entire Commonwealth. When I said that they haven't been tested, I wasn't referring to the quality of their opponents.

My point was that Brookville hasn't been involved in a game this year in which they've faced real adversity. William Byrd is arguably the closest anyone has come to really challenging them. Simply put, the Bees have been head and shoulders above their opponents in terms of talent. That's usually enough to win.

However, particularly at the high school level, there are intangibles and unforeseen challenges that can pop up. Richlands should have mopped the field with Rockbridge a couple of years ago, yet escaped with an exciting one point win. Virginia Tech's 1999 victory over West Virginia is another valuable example, IMO.

If they are faced with a similar situation, it will be interesting to see how Brookville responds. Granted, that's a big "if."

Edited by RichlandsAlum
Aiming for more lucidity

The Seminole District has produced some great Athletes for example Cedric Peerman from William Cambell who is a starter at UVA,

William Campbell is not a Seminole District team and were not when Cedric was there, they are from the DOGWOOD District.

They were in the seminole District when I played them. Them they moved the very next year. I cant remember when they actually left the district. Then again I could be wrong. I just know we played them every year, lol. Cedric Peerman was just on the JV team when we played them. His brother OJ was on that team then. You must remember Ive been out of high school for 10 years now, lol.

Guest nameuser

The Seminole District has produced some great Athletes for example Cedric Peerman from William Cambell who is a starter at UVA, Jarrett Ferguson who was a 4 year starter at VT the drafted to the Bills in 2004, also Jerton Evans from Jefferson Forest who was a standout at UVA then went to the NFL somewhere.

William Campbell has also produced the only man with five Super Bowl rings, Charles Haley of the 49er's and Cowboys. Two rings with the 49er's and three with Dallas. One of the great defensive ends to play in the NFL, he ought to be in the HOF. Haley played in the Seminole.

William Campbell was at one time a member of the Seminole District before moving to the Dogwood when they dropped to Class A...

I knew this but but they werent when Cedric was there...not important anyway.

WC could compete in the Seminole year in and year out simply due to their Athletes.

I knew this but but they werent when Cedric was there...not important anyway.

WC could compete in the Seminole year in and year out simply due to their Athletes.

Cedric Peerman was not on the Varsity team back then, however he was on the JV team.