Hoos @ Hokies

footballfan08

Announced that UVA / VT kickoff is @ HIGH NOON on ESPN.

Since the DI and DII games will probably start @ 1:30, we will have to get some updates during the High School playoffs in Floyd and Wise Counties.

CONGRATS to (LEBANON, FLOYD, HOLSTON, AND CLINTWOOD)

Definitely feel that SWVA will be represented well on DEC 6th @ SALEM.

Also CONGRATS to RICHLANDS...They will represent DIII well.

HOOS @ HOKIES

It would be nice to see the Hokies beat their in-state rivals then get two games in sunny Florida.

* ACC championship (Tampa) - rematch w/ Boston College or Florida St.

WIN THAT AND GET THE...

* Orange Bowl (Miami) - with Cincinnati (if they get past the 'Cuse)

Edited by footballfan08

Greg Boone is a jr this year too. So he'll be back next season.

Love to see that "WILD TURKEY" Formation when he takes the direct snap. It looks like the Single Wing...Coach Beamer might have been talking to Ragsdale @ Giles since he retired.

Would like to see if Boone can also throw it 65+ yards like they say he can.

Its not very apparent, but UVA still has huge implications on this game on Saturday: Win and they are going bowling. If the rivalry isn't enough to get them fired up, then I think bowl eligibilty should be. Going bowling and spoiling a rival's plans are HUGE. The atmosphere in Blacksburg on Saturday should be wild. I don't think Virginia is going to come out and lay down, I think UVAObserver is trying to downplay what could be a glorious weekend in Blackburg for the Hoos. Nobody likes a spoiler! :D

Hokies will not be without motivation.....Win against UVA and they are off to Tampa for the ACC Championships.....who would of thought it after the terrible season they have had? I guess that shows the weakness of the ACC

VT 5

Virginia 2

They will combine for less than 250 yards of offense.

That's 2 points too many for UVA. And Macho Harris will score more points than Stinespring's offense. But your third point of analysis will be correct, I believe.

I know I've said it already:

VT-10

UVA-0

And it'll set football back 50 years...

I might be trying to downplay it a little, but I do for 2 reasons. One, I'm less disappointed this way. Two, VT doesn't lose these types of games. Especially to us.

VT will have a tough time at UVA if they keep playing like they have been. I would love to see a rematch with FSU. Im tired of seeing them play BC. Every year no matter how good they are, VT always plays terrible against them.

Let me start off by saying the ACC blows in football. Im trying to say neutral on this game because my bro goes to Tech, but my bestfriend brother and whole family went to UVA and they have season tickets, which he always takes me to a bunch of there games. From what I saw of the the Tech - Duke game, it looked like UVA can keep up with them. The last time UVA won at Tech was 8 years ago in 98, but this is the first time since 97 that UVA has played Tech with them being unranked (in that game UVA did win)

Prediction: 16-10 va tech

Let me start off by saying the ACC blows in football.

The ACC is full of good teams, they don't have any really good teams. They have beaten each other up all year.

Unlike the last few years when it seemed the teams were either all offense or all defense, this year teams (sans VT,DUKE,UVa) seem to have a pretty good mix. Maryland mixes it awesomely, the problem is they only do it every other game or so. Wake is like Sybill, depends upon which personality shows up.GaTech is pretty good too, good D with a tough O to match up with. FlaSt is looking pretty good at times. BC has really overachieved in my opinion. Clemson was waaaay overrated to start the year. UNC/Miami/NCSTATE are extremely young and will get better the next few years.(Although i don't share Cortz kennedy's optimism of a National Championship in 2 years) I think the league as a whole is going in the correct direction.

GaTech will give Ga fits in their game, if Nesbitt can play. Duke beat Vandy, (who hasn't lately thanks to UT beating them the Duke win loses luster) Oh well, just my opinion.

Let me start off by saying the ACC blows in football. Im trying to say neutral on this game because my bro goes to Tech, but my bestfriend brother and whole family went to UVA and they have season tickets, which he always takes me to a bunch of there games. From what I saw of the the Tech - Duke game, it looked like UVA can keep up with them. The last time UVA won at Tech was 8 years ago in 98, but this is the first time since 97 that UVA has played Tech with them being unranked (in that game UVA did win)

'98 was 10 years ago. ;). But I get you.

This is pretty good analysis, though, and I didn't know the fact about '97. Another good fact about '97: that's the last time UVA lost their game before playing VT. The Hoos won the following week. I hope that rings true again. And I hope the 10-year swing works ('95-'05 FSU, '98-08 VT?)

In my almost-apathy about this weekend's game, I found this little ditty online that fairly describes how the UVA faithful feel right now. It's sure to be an instant classic, set to the 70's tune "Cat's in the Cradle":

My child arrived here at UVa

Moved up the ladder nepotism’s way

But there were Planes to fly, and Chess to play

He learned to coach from a book off eBay

He was OC 'fore ya knew it even though he blew

He'd say “I’m gonna be like you, Dad

It’s my job after you’re through

Came straight from the cradle with a silver spoon

Little boy Groh got promoted too soon

Good to have you home, son, you’ll need thick skin

But we will together win, son,

Someday they’ll all forget we’re kin