45-35 Lest We Forget!

beano5

Now that the end of the season for college football is upon us, the question has bothered me and many other Texas/OU fans. Who gets number 2???? I know Texas handily defeated a mediocre A&M team that has killed Texas' chances the past 2 years at anything. Texas also defeated OU 45-35 on a neutral site in October (which many OU fans have forgotten about). This brings up the question. Do you put OU in front of Texas or leave it as is in the BCS??? If you ask me Texas is playing better, even though they may not put up as big of numbers as OU, they are truly outplaying everyone now. So now I ask all of you the question, Texas or OU?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OU is the better team, IMO. Yes they lost to Texas, but they are the better team. Just like Texas is the better team than Texas Tech, yet they lost to them. My rankings are like this for the top 5:

1. Florida

2. Oklahoma

3. Texas

4. Alabama

5. Penn State

Those are the best teams in the nation (forget rankings). Florida has the best team IMO, Oklahoma and Texas are about interchangeable. I give the edge to the Sooners. It looks like they will jump Texas with a big win in Stillwater tomorrow. I think either (Texas/Oklahoma) lose to Florida in the BCS title game.

OU is the better team, IMO. Yes they lost to Texas, but they are the better team. Just like Texas is the better team than Texas Tech, yet they lost to them. My rankings are like this for the top 5:

1. Florida

2. Oklahoma

3. Texas

4. Alabama

5. Penn State

Those are the best teams in the nation (forget rankings). Florida has the best team IMO, Oklahoma and Texas are about interchangeable. I give the edge to the Sooners. It looks like they will jump Texas with a big win in Stillwater tomorrow. I think either (Texas/Oklahoma) lose to Florida in the BCS title game.

Agree 100% with your rankings--only disagree with Florida beating OU. Bradford and Tebow are 2 of the best qb's in the nation.

Life has many choices---eternity has two

GO BLUES!!!

Guest BEAVERTAIL
If you ask me Texas is playing better, even though they may not put up as big of numbers as OU, they are truly outplaying everyone now. So now I ask all of you the question, Texas or OU?

I truly pray you are joking.

this is the exact reason that there needs to be a playoff system in NCAA football... this is how i would rank them, should it be in my hands.

1. Florida

2. Oklahoma

3. Texas

4. Alabama

5. USC

6. Texas Tech

7. Penn State

Alabama may be undefeated, but these 3.. 1 loss teams are better. There's no way Alabama can handle Florida.

I truly pray you are joking.

I would LOVE to see OU or ANY college football team go through the 4 week gauntlet Texas went through and come out of there 4-0 or at least 3-1. Remember, Texas BEAT OU, Texas BEAT Missouri, Texas BEAT Oklahoma State, and Texas lost to Texas Tech in the LAST MINUTE OF PLAY. Now try and tell me that after going through that gauntlet, with every team ranked in the Top 15 when the games were played, that any team in the country would come out 4-0. OU could have come out of there 3-1. Florida MAYBE could have been 3-1 at best. Texas is playing phenomenal right now. If they get the shot, they WILL win it.

1. Florida

2. Oklahoma

3. Texas

4. Alabama

5. Penn State

The best team doesn't lose on their home field to Ole Miss........period. I can't wait for them to get spanked by Alabama next week to prove that point.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
I would LOVE to see OU or ANY college football team go through the 4 week gauntlet Texas went through and come out of there 4-0 or at least 3-1. Remember, Texas BEAT OU, Texas BEAT Missouri, Texas BEAT Oklahoma State, and Texas lost to Texas Tech in the LAST MINUTE OF PLAY. Now try and tell me that after going through that gauntlet, with every team ranked in the Top 15 when the games were played, that any team in the country would come out 4-0. OU could have come out of there 3-1. Florida MAYBE could have been 3-1 at best. Texas is playing phenomenal right now. If they get the shot, they WILL win it.

While I agree it was a "gauntlet", (I also think that you watched the game last night as brown highlighted all of the things above) and Texas is good. But Oklahoma is better right now. So if Florida. Both of them are putting up an unreal amount of points. ( OU Hasent scored under 35, avg over 50). The Florida team after the Ole Miss loss, when Tebow rallied them would have been undefeated. When you beat 6 SEC teams in a row by over 20 some points, you are the real deal. Including dismantling LSU and Georgia.

And then lets look at the game last week, which gives my vote to Oklahoma over Texas right now. Texas while winning, is not turning heads unless they are complaining about the system. Oklahoma turned a bunch of heads last week, and thats why they will be in the Big 12 Championship unless they falter tonight.

The Florida team after the Ole Miss loss, when Tebow rallied them would have been undefeated. When you beat 6 SEC teams in a row by over 20 some points, you are the real deal. Including dismantling LSU and Georgia.

Florida won their last six SEC games outscoring their opponents 299-94, and average of 49-15/game. No team has ever had that kind of domination in the SEC ever...excluding their loss to Ole Miss, their closest game this season was a 26-3 win over Miami...

No one will beat Florida. I absolutely hate Florida, my friend plays for Alabama, so I'm in no way supporting my fanhood as Beano is. Florida has conviced me big time. Mind you, it took 5 turnovers and a missed extra for a decent Ole Miss team to squeak by with a win. And remember what Tebow said in the post game press conference. I believe that truly got the UF troops fired up and rolling. Beating two SEC teams by 50+ points is unreal. Florida, led by Superman Tebow, win the title.

Hats off to Bradford and the Sooners last night---what a win. When the Cowboys basically shut down the Sooners run game--Mr. Bradford stepped up and moved those chains with his arm. GO SOONERS!!!!

Life has many choices---eternity has two

this is the exact reason that there needs to be a playoff system in NCAA football... this is how i would rank them, should it be in my hands.

1. Florida

2. Oklahoma

3. Texas

4. Alabama

5. USC

6. Texas Tech

7. Penn State

Alabama may be undefeated, but these 3.. 1 loss teams are better. There's no way Alabama can handle Florida.

where did USC come from???

The best team doesn't lose on their home field to Ole Miss........period. I can't wait for them to get spanked by Alabama next week to prove that point.

Are you talking about the Alabama team that squeaked by Mississippi at home in a game in which Ole Miss had more total yardage and outscored Alabama 17 - 0 in the second half?

1. Florida

2. Oklahoma

3. Texas

4. Alabama

5. Penn State

FLorida is good but do you actually think they are better than Alabama? Reminder: Florida lost to Ole Miss, Alabama beat Ole Miss. You must be wearing Tim Tebow pj's. Alabama, if Im not mistaken, are the only major team that is UNDEFEATED!! Im not a Bama fan but come on, its REALITY!! As for your other picks, OU is definitely a strong team but not stronger than Bama.

My Picks:

1. Alabama

2. Oklahoma

3. Florida

4. Texas

5. The rest of the top 25 are tied because IT DOESNT MATTER!!

Oh, just for the record the SECCG is being considered by the media to be the true National Champ Game. I didn't hear OU or Texas mentioned.

Edited by VTCC22

I agree that the SEC Championship game will decide the National Champ. VTCC, I'm not going to do it but im sure Beavertail can take your logic of Bama being better than UF and use examples to disprove it. Just like how last year, using that logic, Duke was better than LSU.

Are you talking about the Alabama team that squeaked by Mississippi at home in a game in which Ole Miss had more total yardage and outscored Alabama 17 - 0 in the second half?

Yes, actually I am. They didn't lose did they? Didn't think so......

I agree that the SEC Championship game will decide the National Champ. VTCC, I'm not going to do it but im sure Beavertail can take your logic of Bama being better than UF and use examples to disprove it. Just like how last year, using that logic, Duke was better than LSU.

Im sure anyone could find some reason to think otherwise, but look how dominating Bama has been all year. They are solid on both sides of the ball and they are definitely not 1 dimensional like other top teams in the country. Im a Hokie fan all day long but I do look a all the facts.

VT I feel is going to be back in the mix next year providing all the freshman step it up during the off season. Lets hope that they win the ACC and for once win their bowl game. If they can keep Tyod healthy for the rest of the season and keep Glennon off the field, they will be fine. They may have a poor offense but they have the ability to make plays. The defense, as long as they have Bud Foster, will make plays all game long. Look out for VT next season!

FLorida is good but do you actually think they are better than Alabama? Reminder: Florida lost to Ole Miss, Alabama beat Ole Miss. You must be wearing Tim Tebow pj's. Alabama, if Im not mistaken, are the only major team that is UNDEFEATED!! Im not a Bama fan but come on, its REALITY!! As for your other picks, OU is definitely a strong team but not stronger than Bama.

My Picks:

1. Alabama

2. Oklahoma

3. Florida

4. Texas

5. The rest of the top 25 are tied because IT DOESNT MATTER!!

Oh, just for the record the SECCG is being considered by the media to be the true National Champ Game. I didn't hear OU or Texas mentioned.

Yes Florida lost to Ole Miss and Alabama beat Ole Miss. You can compare it, but its not the best to go by. If Harvin plays Florida wins by 2 TDs, if Harvin doesn't play, Florida by a field goal.

Alabama hasn't really "dominated" anyone of note. They dominate most teams for the first half, but then seem to dwindle in the second half. I've become an Alabama fan every since Star Jackson signed his letter of intent to play there, and I've been a Gator hater for years, but I don't see Bama winning this one. Harvin's ability to play or not will be a definite factor, but the Gators have shown that they are not one dimensional. Chris Rainey, Jefrey Demps, Deonte Thompson, Brandon James..all of these players are game changers that play along Superman Tebow. I think they will be too much for the Tide to handle.