AB on the scene with Plaxico

beano5

Guest JJBrickface
I heard that. Afterhours clubs and guns, a really good combination for trouble.

Why don't these guys realize that they are not ghetto? They are freaking millionaires but act like damn poor boys in the back alleys of New York City.

Why don't these guys realize that they are not ghetto? They are freaking millionaires but act like damn poor boys in the back alleys of New York City.

Wouldn't AB's posse be from the bluefield hood? Vick took his boys along.... :)

I don't know anything about AB presonally except what i read, etc... Seems he has made some bad choices, but who hasn't. I just know and remember one of the few things my Dad ever told me/made me do. He said,"Son you be home by midnight, there's nothing that you can get into after that that is good for you!" Whether or not the person is "into" anything, you can get into a lot of trouble.

ok all the more reason for him to carry a gun he is freakin' rich.. as long as that gun is being used for self defense in case someone tries to rob him or something it doesn't necassarily mean he think's he is ghetto.. but he should've thought about getting a concealed weapon license... I do see where your coming from and he may not have been carrying it for the purpose of protection but i'm just saying it is possible.

...if it were legal and he had a permit to carry. I guess these folks have to realize because of their status (as an athlete) they are a target, but a ton of these guys are self imploding. ESPN the mag had a great article about just this subject in the current issue.

Wouldn't AB's posse be from the bluefield hood? Vick took his boys along.... :)

I don't know anything about AB presonally except what i read, etc... Seems he has made some bad choices, but who hasn't. I just know and remember one of the few things my Dad ever told me/made me do. He said,"Son you be home by midnight, there's nothing that you can get into after that that is good for you!" Whether or not the person is "into" anything, you can get into a lot of trouble.

AB makes $675,000 and Vick was making multiple millions. It is easier to bring your posse, when you have the cash.

Well AB still one of them poor boys, but he is about to get his.....

I'm just waiting to hear the whole story on what happened before I make up my mind...they haven't really put out any of the real details yet.

As far as AB goes, he didn't do anything wrong that I can tell...so not his problem...

how much does each player get for winning the super bowl these days? seems like I remember that being a good bonus...plus I think they make extra for each playoff game won/played dont they?

Guest JJBrickface

Its real simple, he is afraid be being robbed then he shouldn't be at bars and nightclubs. He is only putting himself more at risk by visiting those places.

I hope that AB was just there hanging out, but if was with Pierce when they dumped the gun, he'll be involved with obstruction charges. I hope that it isn't the case. Plex is an idiot. The NFL provides free security to anyone who contacts them and requests it. Just because he wants to look tough and I can do it all my own, isn't an excuse to be an idiot. I'll reserve my opinion on AB until after his role or lack thereof is presented.

I hope that AB was just there hanging out, but if was with Pierce when they dumped the gun, he'll be involved with obstruction charges. I hope that it isn't the case. Plex is an idiot. The NFL provides free security to anyone who contacts them and requests it. Just because he wants to look tough and I can do it all my own, isn't an excuse to be an idiot. I'll reserve my opinion on AB until after his role or lack thereof is presented.

Football players have too much machismo to uptake the NFL's offer of free security. Put another way, it's like giving a rich math whiz a TI-83, he "doesn't need it" because it's below his standards. And I'll reserve my full opinion until the evidence comes out as well. Suffice it to say that I wouldn't be at a place of quasi-ill-refute while making more than 99.9% of Americans, especially while on the NFL's version of sick leave.

Its real simple, he is afraid be being robbed then he shouldn't be at bars and nightclubs. He is only putting himself more at risk by visiting those places.

Thank you. Outside The Lines re-aired a report from 2006 featuring athletes speaking of athletes and guns. Karl Malone, who is a member of the NRA, said it right. Athletes shouldn't have to carry guns if theyre not going to put themselves in these types of situations. If you're going to a night club in downtown NYC, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Miami, etc. at 3 AM, you're asking for something to happen, especially when you come in flaunting around in your jewelery and making a scene as most athletes tend to do. Malone said that carrying a gun for defense is a great idea, but as an athlete it shouldn't be needed unless you're putting yourself into situations like those, and you shouldn't be putting yourself in those situations.

When the local news stations in ATL show some of the "clubbing" groups.....usually ALWAYS (oxymoron) it's due to a shooting. The ppl they show milling around outside these "clubs" after the "incident" makes you wonder why anyone would want to enter the doors.

Anyone that is "crazy enough" to venture into one of these places that I've seen on local TV..... ought to be carrying one in every pocket, have a couple strapped on their chest and some hidden in their shoes....

Guest BEAVERTAIL

They said he "fumbled" the gun (no pun intended) and it fired.

Here is my question, why do you have the gun out? If you have a CCW, which im sure he doesnt, it shoud stay concealed until needed. Im pretty sure he didnt need it.

how much does each player get for winning the super bowl these days? seems like I remember that being a good bonus...plus I think they make extra for each playoff game won/played dont they?

AB got a $15K check & a $10K check is what one of his friends told me for playing in the Super Bowl and being the game's leading rusher. Our mutual friend was up there one weekend staying with AB after the Super Bowl and went to the bank with AB to deposit them.

Edited by bhs7695

Anyone dumb enough to try and carry a 9 mm in the waistband of a pair of sweats doesn't pass the intelligence test to carry a handgun. Sooner or later the sucker is going to slide and there you go.

AB got a $15K check & a $10K check is what one of his friends told me for playing in the Super Bowl and being the game's leading rusher. Our mutual friend was up there one weekend staying with AB after the Super Bowl and went to the bank with AB to deposit them.

In 2005 the winners share was $68000 and a ring valued at about $20000.

Edited by bhs7695

lots of states offer a concealed weapon license N.Y. being one as well as WV. & Va., A long with that comes rules one being you cant carry in a place that sells alcohol by the drink. So it don't matter if he had one or not he shouldn't have had it there.

Sooooo ummm, if he had a permit for the gun, he should at LEAST know how to put it on saftey, i mean, seriously.

As for having a weapon permit, doesn't mean he can carry into nightclubs.... There still rules to a weapons permit..... I know I have one for law enforcement...