Coaching positions

fieldgeneral

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From all indications, Donnie Pruit at George Wythe is retiring. BIG opening with the potential to walk into a winning program and a region contender right off the bat with several offensive and defensive weapons returning from this years squad.

Does anyone know if some of the area schools will have HC openings? I've heard rumblings about Pikeview and Tazewell, but not sure what is true and what isn't.

What have you heard about Tazewell?

I've heard a few RUMORS that coach Wyatt was contemplating retirment...but a rumor is just a rumor without any word from him.

Well there were a few of us that thought that at the start of this season with the speech he gave at the picnic the first Sat. of two-a-days.

why would he stay?he knows hes not wanted and is taking alot of heat.id leave too.and maybe sons leaving too. never know.either way,i dont really care.whatever he does wont effect my life any.stay,go,who gives a rats azz.

Edited by ghs84

The guy from PH? No offense but he couldn't win with the Gonzalez and Groves kid. My buddy from Chilhowie said if they had the Gonzalez kid this past year it would've been over. No, I dont think VA High will take that risk. They will go with a proven winner. By the way, Cowboy, Matlock isnt going anywhere, so quite posting nonsense.

The guy from PH? No offense but he couldn't win with the Gonzalez and Groves kid. My buddy from Chilhowie said if they had the Gonzalez kid this past year it would've been over. No, I dont think VA High will take that risk. They will go with a proven winner. By the way, Cowboy, Matlock isnt going anywhere, so quite posting nonsense.

Cowboy UP got thrown DOWN from his Shetland Pony when he was pretending he was Roy Rogers last summer, suffering permanent brain damage. His only hope was when he was receiving psychiatric therapy from Coach Crigger DeVille last year but since CC DeVille has left town for greener pastures, the Cowboy has digressed. Ignore his babble......the next thing you know he will say we have a black president!

I'd say the Master of Defense at RHS, Coach Palmer deserves a shot at one of the vacancies. He's the Bud Foster of Richlands! Also the GodFather of the Spread, Michael Davis would be a good hire at one of those positions, he revolutionized the the game at RHS when he brought in the spread attack a few years back!

I dont see Bobby getting out just yet, Adams might be hanging it up in Lebanon (retiring), Pruitt is retiring at GW. There are going to be several vacancies. I predict the following head jobs open by May : Va High, GW, Lebanon, Battle, Graham, PH. Filled by May: Va High (Compton or Davis from Richlands), PH (Scammel), Lebanon (BI Sawyers)

I'd say the Master of Defense at RHS, Coach Palmer deserves a shot at one of the vacancies. He's the Bud Foster of Richlands! Also the GodFather of the Spread, Michael Davis would be a good hire at one of those positions, he revolutionized the the game at RHS when he brought in the spread attack a few years back!

The only spread that Mater or Bammer or whatever his name is knows is that spread around his belly. He would have a better chance winning that hot dog eating contest against that little foreen boy than coaching at the big time level. He is strictly middle school level at best. Him and that pop bellied Palmer would be better off see-sawing on the playground at the Rec Park.

one of my friends in bristol told me that he hoped matlock would apply. i was just stating what he said-do you really have to get upset every time i post something? what if matlock leaves you guys to turn around the battle program? stranger things have happened!

I have to agree with cowboy for the first time. If VA High wants Matlock he is gone. He would be crazy not to go where the talent (year in and year out is much better at v high. holston had a great year but look at the big picture (coaches sitting in the coaches office trying to figure out what 3 games can we compete in) no different than ph,battle,or twin valley. it's easy to put stick men on a chalk board and talk about what they should be able to do but after a few games you realize they can't. atleast at v-high or abingdon you have a chance and the bottom line is those stick men are just better football players.