Chilhowie 63 Abingdon 57

HurricaneWarning

Chilhowie defeated Abingdon in the VA tournament yesterday. Now i know Chilhowie is not as good as they were last year and I have heard all of the talk about how dominant Abingdon was going to be this year. Anyone`s thoughts?

Edited by HurricaneWarning

Graham is definently a team to look out for they beat bluefield who they havn't beat years they lost to 3 teams that could easily be state winners in their division but as for the teams they play in the district i don't see them losing.

Chilhowie is slowly improving.. but Abingdon didn't have the looks of a SWD champ.. not a lot of size, but they had a few good shooters. That game could have gone either way, but verdict stands, Chilhowie = not too great.

Chilhowie is slowly improving.. but Abingdon didn't have the looks of a SWD champ.. not a lot of size, but they had a few good shooters. That game could have gone either way, but verdict stands, Chilhowie = not too great.

Abingdon has a good team that just hasnt been able to pull it all together yet...i can see signs that they have to capability to be better than their record shows but the season is long and we have only begun

Graham is definently a team to look out for they beat bluefield who they havn't beat years they lost to 3 teams that could easily be state winners in their division but as for the teams they play in the district i don't see them losing.

Bluefield is not a good team right now and the other two wins came against average to below average Class A teams...the three games Graham has lost have been blowouts...

haha they have the most size in the SWD and probably also the best shooters with a few exceptions but all around yea i'd say so.

It's not going to matter who wins the SWD this year. Once they make it to regions it will be another blow out, especially if a SWD winner has to play against a River Ridge district team. Look at how bad Pulaski beats Abingdon every year and Pulaski may not win their district.

well neither team that made playoffs last year got blown out abingdon lost to m'ville by not too much although they were down, and carroll took blacksburg to OT and blacksburg eventually lost to millbrook the state champs and not by much...that was last year though

SWD teams in the 2008 Region IV playoffs...

Graham lost by 20 to a sub .500 Salem team

Marion lost by 20 to a sub .500 Martinsville team

Abingdon lost by 2 to a sub .500 Martinsville team

Carroll Co. lost by 10 in OT to a good Blacksburg team

Salem lost a squeaker to Bassett who was then beaten badly by Blacksburg.

Martinsville lost badly to Hidden Valley.

The point is, the SWD teams went 0-4 in the Region tournament and even its best teams couldn't beat the "middle of the pack" teams from the other districts in Region IV.

SWD teams in the 2008 Region IV playoffs...

Graham lost by 20 to a sub .500 Salem team

Marion lost by 20 to a sub .500 Martinsville team

Abingdon lost by 2 to a sub .500 Martinsville team

Carroll Co. lost by 10 in OT to a good Blacksburg team

Salem lost a squeaker to Bassett who was then beaten badly by Blacksburg.

Martinsville lost badly to Hidden Valley.

The point is, the SWD teams went 0-4 in the Region tournament and even its best teams couldn't beat the "middle of the pack" teams from the other districts in Region IV.

With the new divisions in AA this year it isn't getting any easier for basketball teams in the SWD to win in the Region.

With the new divisions in AA this year it isn't getting any easier for basketball teams in the SWD to win in the Region.

Agreed! Cave Spring and Martinsville are still the best D-3 schools in Region IV. Abingdon and Carroll Co. will still have to battle the giants of the River Ridge and Piedmont.

I think Marion or Tazewell will win the district this year

canes00 u just posted in the graham vs marion thread that it would be sad if graham lost to marion so how can u say u think marion or tazewell will win district if u say that