Can anyone challange Abingdon

dreason

First, everyone is beatable no matter what team. Second, Tazewell had problems between some players and the coach that night they played. Tazewell was down 30 and came back to lose by 12 or something like that. Mostly it was Coach Walker's problem. Colby Hunt was on fire at first and Walker didn't change his defense. A Box-and-1 would work great against Abingdon and he wouldn't run that. I'm not saying Tazewell will beat them next time. I'm just saying that they can.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I saw the falcons play tonight at grundy, and they just didn't impress me. Yes, i know the score was 75-48 but grundy just got on a bad run with at the end of the 2nd quarter and never bounced back. They was only down by 3 with 3 mins to go in the 2nd and Grundy is one of the lower teams this year in the swd and Abington is suppose to be "dominating." Also coach rife sub in alot of backups once it got past 15 pts in the 2nd half, I think that had to do with the score being as bad it was.

All im saying is yes Abington is the front runner right to win the swd, but to say there going to dominate everybody in the swd..no

I think Marion is just as good a team as the falcons, I havent seen Graham or Tazwell yet this year

the coach for grundy didnt start taking out the starters until the 4th quater with about 3 minutes to go

First, everyone is beatable no matter what team. Second, Tazewell had problems between some players and the coach that night they played. Tazewell was down 30 and came back to lose by 12 or something like that. Mostly it was Coach Walker's problem. Colby Hunt was on fire at first and Walker didn't change his defense. A Box-and-1 would work great against Abingdon and he wouldn't run that. I'm not saying Tazewell will beat them next time. I'm just saying that they can.

theres been teams that have run a box and one on abingdon and it has been ineffective...they have more than just #24 on their team...each player is very athletic and each can make great plays which is why abingdon will be unstoppable in the district

the coach for grundy didnt start taking out the starters until the 4th quater with about 3 minutes to go

Buddy i was at the game, i know everybody by name on that team (since i go to Grundy) and I know who gets regular playing time and the people the get put in when it starts to get out of reach, Coach Rife put in a bunch of backups in before the 4th quarter even began. I know of 1 if not 2 that was put in before half-time.

But I think everyone of the players he had come in off the bench was sophmores, he is just trying to see what he has to work with in the future.

Buddy i was at the game, i know everybody by name on that team (since i go to Grundy) and I know who gets regular playing time and the people the get put in when it starts to get out of reach, Coach Rife put in a bunch of backups in before the 4th quarter even began. I know of 1 if not 2 that was put in before half-time.

But I think everyone of the players he had come in off the bench was sophmores, he is just trying to see what he has to work with in the future.

the game was out of reach from tip off