Can anyone challange Abingdon

dreason

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chilhowie game means absolutely nothing to us (not to mention it was in a tournament and will not affect the outcome or seeding come the region tournament). Good teams have off nights. Can anyone argue that top ranked teams such as Duke, UNC, Oklahoma, Texas, Syracuse, etc. are no longer good teams and can be "challenged by anyone now" because they each lost to a bad team?? Didn't think so. Also, one game cannot be used as a guage to determine how successfully that team will perform and execute against another. We play different styles, run different offenses and defenses, and face the same every night. Marion speak for yourself, most of the teams in the district have improved from last year,Abingdon, Tazewell, and Graham in particular. You're making yourself look worse criticizing the district as being weak, yet being the only team in that district without a win. We look forward to welcoming you to Abingdon next friday.

Sincerely,

Abingdon High School

Edited by teamdagger

The chilhowie game means absolutely nothing to us (not to mention it was in a tournament and will not affect the outcome or seeding come the region tournament). Good teams have off nights. Can anyone argue that top ranked teams such as Duke, UNC, Oklahoma, Texas, Syracuse, etc. are no longer good teams and can be "challenged by anyone now" because they each lost to a bad team?? Didnt think so. Also, one game cannot be used as a guage to determine how succesful that team will perform and execute against another. We play different styles, run different offenses and defenses, and face the same every night. And marion speak for yourself, most of the teams in the district have improved from last year,Abingdon, Tazewell, and Graham in partiuclar. Your making yourself look worse criticizing the district as being weak, but being the only team in that district without a win. We look forward to welcoming you to Abingdon next friday.

Sincerely,

Abingdon High School

Wow, first the benefit game that Chilhowie beat you in football didn`t mean anything, but now they beat you in basketball and it didn`t mean anything either. Of course if you guys would have beaten Chilhowie then I`m sure it would have meant something.

The chilhowie game means absolutely nothing to us (not to mention it was in a tournament and will not affect the outcome or seeding come the region tournament). Good teams have off nights. Can anyone argue that top ranked teams such as Duke, UNC, Oklahoma, Texas, Syracuse, etc. are no longer good teams and can be "challenged by anyone now" because they each lost to a bad team?? Didnt think so. Also, one game cannot be used as a guage to determine how succesful that team will perform and execute against another. We play different styles, run different offenses and defenses, and face the same every night. And marion speak for yourself, most of the teams in the district have improved from last year,Abingdon, Tazewell, and Graham in partiuclar. Your making yourself look worse criticizing the district as being weak, but being the only team in that district without a win. We look forward to welcoming you to Abingdon next friday.

Sincerely,

Abingdon High School

Wow, you compare Abingdon to Duke, Carolina, Texas, etc.

Sincerely,

Abingdon High School

I would have thought Abingdon High School would have recruited a more grammatically tuned spokesperson. Every game counts. Toward your record and toward your confidence. Until Abingdon realizes that, their claims of dominance and competitiveness will continue to be laughable.

I would have thought Abingdon High School would have recruited a more grammatically tuned spokesperson. Every game counts. Toward your record and toward your confidence. Until Abingdon realizes that, their claims of dominance and competitiveness will continue to be laughable.

lol hell yeah

Abingdon will dominate everyone within the district...end of story

Have you seen everyone in the district play? If not, how do you know they will dominate? I have no idea on who will win this district because I haven't seen all teams play.

I have heard that Graham has a pretty good team along with Abingdon. I'm interested in seeing how this season turns out.

That wouldn't say much about the SWD if Abingdon does dominate. Abingdon wouldn't finish in the top three in the CMD. They've already lost twice to Va. High, Lebanon would beat them, and Gate City should beat them pretty handily tomorrow night.

Correct...the best teams in the SWD would be middle of the pack teams in most Class A districts and bottom dwellers of other Class AA districts...

Abingdon played a great game last night. They were only down 1 point going in to the 4th quarter and if a few buckets had gone in, they had a great chance to pull off the win! I agree, they showed a lot of strength and proved they can play with great teams!

Abingdon played a great game last night. They were only down 1 point going in to the 4th quarter and if a few buckets had gone in, they had a great chance to pull off the win! I agree, they showed a lot of strength and proved they can play with great teams!

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.