The Mafia

bmh8_2011

The "MAFIA" was very disrespectful to coach carlock. when they kept saying things referring to the late Coach Carlock Senior it was very disrepectful and im glad there band they went way over the line when they started getting into players and coaches personal business yea it may have been in good fun but you have to know the boundaries and they obviously didn't

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, I don't know who you are but I was there. If something like that was said I sure didn't hear it. The Tazewell game was three weeks ago... if something like that was said don't you think it would have found it's way into one the 50 threads about those kids before now?

The Richlands Ad heard it and named the ones who were saying it.

There are a lot of good kids in "The Mafia". The worst thing they do (now that "Push-it" has been banned) is "H-O-M-O You Can't Make a Free Throw" and "I'm Blind, I'm Gay, I Wanna be a Ref"

That should be enough to get some kind of disciplinary action going. If that is "the worst thing they do" something should have been done already.

If not they should be. The chant towards TJ Rasnick of "sick puppy" went way over the line. I know they are young kids, but they should know better. The school principal even has declined to do anything about it. She is the one who should take the heat for letting it go on. You have to show some respect, to earn respect. Win with class and play with class.

I was at the Tazewell game and sat very close to the Mafia section -- and I did not hear a direct verbal jeer towards TJ - I did however see them take their shirts off at the end of the game and their chest were painted blue with 27-28 on them -- this to me was a hit towards TJ {The AD had told them earlier they were not allowed to do this -- this too I wittnessed}-- they did however target other players - which is not appropriate nor is disregarding the request from their AD.

I was not at the Graham game and had not heard about concerns with Carlock -- But I will tell anyone Carlock, Sr. was a wonderful man -- he supported his players 100% but he did expect certain things from them -- I am not as close with Glenn, Jr but I do think he is doing a great job with his team this year -

You all know my opinion -- cheer but don't dumb yourself out -- I do blame the adults involved much more than the students -- they should know that they are accountable to rules - not think they don't have to listen -- those adults are not doing anyone a favor.

wow that's completely low class...it's one thing to have some fun, but that's just pathetic...why would anyone think it is "OK" to say something like that to or about TJ, knowing what that kid has gone through...that's just totally pathetic and there is no excuse for that...if the thing they said about Carlock is true, that is just as bad.

What the hell Richlands people? What is wrong with you guys?

Its Richlands man....what I've been saying for years upon years.....When you're a kid in high school and you see 85% of your hometown adults displaying absolutely no class in every type of competition imaginable and it goes unchecked then apparantly you begin to think its ok

Richlands is ate up........just look at their history........Cleat Scandal(Vaught for the record said he lied about it cause he didnt want the players to lose their rings.....ever think they didn't deserve em in the first place there genius), Principal changing grades for athletes, wanna talk about drama...go watch a Richlands Youth league football game....lol...pathetic...but good job parents and coaches!, and now the mafia......sterling reps there, fellas! You should all be very proud!

Richlands is ate up from the top and it trickles down to the bottom.......kids grow up seeing it as accepted behavior and they imitate it...........good job!

I was at the Tazewell game and sat very close to the Mafia section -- and I did not hear a direct verbal jeer towards TJ - I did however see them take their shirts off at the end of the game and their chest were painted blue with 27-28 on them -- this to me was a hit towards TJ {The AD had told them earlier they were not allowed to do this -- this too I wittnessed}-- they did however target other players - which is not appropriate nor is disregarding the request from their AD.

I was not at the Graham game and had not heard about concerns with Carlock -- But I will tell anyone Carlock, Sr. was a wonderful man -- he supported his players 100% but he did expect certain things from them -- I am not as close with Glenn, Jr but I do think he is doing a great job with his team this year -

You all know my opinion -- cheer but don't dumb yourself out -- I do blame the adults involved much more than the students -- they should know that they are accountable to rules - not think they don't have to listen -- those adults are not doing anyone a favor.

A bunch of our student section was going to paint there chest but our principle came over and said that if they do then they are suspended. Now it wasn't fair richlands could do that but tazewell couldn't. I dont know about the t.j. comment so i won't comment on that, however i did hear fat jokes chanted to taxley which was extremely disrespectful but what i really didn't like was the pocy chants they made. That is red cause they fought desperately for there school to stay open and its not there fault that it didn't so to chant that would piss me off and it did piss off many tazewell fans

BIGD4VT, I would have joined you for a game while I was in, I enjoy watching HS basketball, but When I went to the Bluefield Richlands game last year in football, a friend of mine said he got out of his car and a Richlands lady approached him and asked him "Are you bluefieldRocks?" haha...Not only is this creepy, I think i'm wanted down there

The Richlands Ad heard it and named the ones who were saying it.

if that was true he and the administration would have ate our souls and would have probly suspended the ones you say he heard say it, I mean come on man your story makes no since, the rhs-ths was like 3 weeks ago and you haven't started saying this crap until like 2 days ago

Its Richlands man....what I've been saying for years upon years.....When you're a kid in high school and you see 85% of your hometown adults displaying absolutely no class in every type of competition imaginable and it goes unchecked then apparantly you begin to think its ok

Richlands is ate up........just look at their history........Cleat Scandal(Vaught for the record said he lied about it cause he didnt want the players to lose their rings.....ever think they didn't deserve em in the first place there genius), Principal changing grades for athletes, wanna talk about drama...go watch a Richlands Youth league football game....lol...pathetic...but good job parents and coaches!, and now the mafia......sterling reps there, fellas! You should all be very proud!

Richlands is ate up from the top and it trickles down to the bottom.......kids grow up seeing it as accepted behavior and they imitate it...........good job!

Well lets see a t-shirt sold to everyone at tazewell regarding a scoreboard, fieldhouse, & turf now thats alot of class. Bringing up kids the ages of 4 - 13 in youth football my friend you are the pathetic one. If you won't to single out a league for youth football look at tazewells - 1) a few years back you all up & quit in the season, 2) gave your youth league another chance to play & what they up & quit again, 3) coaches from tazewells youth league are clean that they don't need a background check? & 4) in 1991 football season a 17 year old at rhs playing football at tazewell was cussed from the locker room to the field thats class.

If we all lived in Tazewell i guess we would do no wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's official dawgs05, you are a classless bum. I am surprised that you actually spelled Vaught correctly. Two of those three accusations are a direct slap in my face. Yes every person on that 1992 State team deserved a ring. Go ask Orange County. Our youth coaches, along with the youth coaches at Honaker and Twin Valley are concerned with youth and player development, not winning. The Tazewell Youth Football program does not compete with us for one reason, in my opinion. We would not allow them to construct a team that was engineered to specifically beat Richlands. You can thank the powers that be in Tazewell. Those guys decided for themselves to leave on their own, and in doing so they doomed the Tazewell High School Football program for the foreseeable future, again that is my opinion. If you hate us that much, then keep our name out of your venomous mouth!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Guys Ill be honest with you, I have been a official for 2 years now. I have done all through the southern part of WV, Ive had Graham, tazewell, and all of Mercer county. Everywhere there are people who make their respective schools look horrible. Everywhere. And honestly it is too sad. Some are worse than others, but they all could do with a little more sportsmanship.

I watched a JM game Saturday night where parents were throwing all kinds of things on the court for a call at the buzzer. I was sitting with 4 other officials and we all saw what happened and were appalled. The really showed their bad side. Honestly, I have a lot of friends from JM, and they are great people all around, great people you can depend on. But for people from other parts of the state when they act like that, it just looks bad.

We all can improve. I know I was bad before putting on the stripes.

That's just it though Lance. The fuss is being made on the Internet by people who weren't even there. I was at the Tazewell game and I heard nothing about TJ. I was at the Graham game and heard nothing about Carlock. I recorded audio of over half that game. I haven't listened to all of it but what I have listened to said nothing about Carlock.

Come to a game. We'll talk about photography and you can listen for yourself. Maybe if you give your unbiased opinion this ridiculous overreaction can be put to rest.

I was at the graham vs richlands game.. students in the mafia were yelling rude things about coach carlock's dad...... it was only a few people who said anything rude, the mafia as a whole did nothing wrong

I hate to hear that happened at the JM game. When fans do that kind of crap they're just an embarassment to the school they are cheering for. And if they were parents, at that moment they are an embarassment to their children as well.

I have no idea what led to an outburst like that, but there is absolutely no excuse for acting that way.

Okay this is about the Mafia but the powers that be over the Mafia have now decided Its no more....So end of story No more whinning and complaining about how bad we were and how classless richlands is okay all we heard the week before The Regional game against tazewell was how bad they were gonna punish us and how muncy was gonna dominate us so if we r classless take your own advice and shut up Plz

Okay this is about the Mafia but the powers that be over the Mafia have now decided Its no more....So end of story No more whinning and complaining about how bad we were and how classless richlands is okay all we heard the week before The Regional game against tazewell was how bad they were gonna punish us and how muncy was gonna dominate us so if we r classless take your own advice and shut up Plz

Aight thats cool but why you got to throw shots like that at the end.Your post was almost good and classy and i was respecting you but then you did what they all did and just talked trash. Just be the bigger man and don't say anything dawg. I mean when it comes down to trash talking im the biggest one on the feild but i mean i don't take shots at a whole group. So just be the bigger dude who cares what 5 poster from T-Town say just be like well aight and don't say anything.I mean im from Pocahontas but i know the better half of Tazewell fans aren't like that. But i mean they do hate Richlands its "The Backyard Brawl" so of course we'll hate eachother but at the end of the day we both have eachother respects after any game.Yeah it sucked 2 lose like that in the Region but that was one of the Greatest games ever played in this area because of the way it was played and the history.And i can't read minds but i know after that game some of yall was like damn tazewell was kinda tough.So i know we had yalls respect even if some of yall don't want 2 admit it. But i man enough to admit yall had mine at the end of the game man.I mean i love talking trash but being from Pocahontas it's definly a honor to be apart of something that big.Bigger than yourself, players, fans, they come and go but aslong as the schools are open and playing football you know they will be battling year in and year out. I just hope were lucky enough to get yall again next year in the Region.And we all there will be alot of trash talking that week Blue fans and Dawgs fans are going to be Blues fans and Dawgs fans and do what they do and talj trash.It's football thats how it is either love it or hate.I for one love everything about it.But im out....Corner #21

Edited by 21_7

Well lets see a t-shirt sold to everyone at tazewell regarding a scoreboard, fieldhouse, & turf now thats alot of class. Bringing up kids the ages of 4 - 13 in youth football my friend you are the pathetic one. If you won't to single out a league for youth football look at tazewells - 1) a few years back you all up & quit in the season, 2) gave your youth league another chance to play & what they up & quit again, 3) coaches from tazewells youth league are clean that they don't need a background check? & 4) in 1991 football season a 17 year old at rhs playing football at tazewell was cussed from the locker room to the field thats class.

If we all lived in Tazewell i guess we would do no wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for the record the tshirts that were made was a joke between me and three of my friends. It was around election time and we put dawgs support mccain on the front. We had to figure something out for the back. Right about that time the "priceless" commercial came on and i said "dude i got a idea". It was just the four of us with our john mccain mask. Honestly i don't know how it got so out of hand but we should have known cause we had the student section cheering with hammer last year haha Somehow the shirt got put on myspace and it just sold like candy. WE didn't sell the shirts, we said that it was for fun, and if you want one then go to r&s. So the only person to make a profit was the shirt company. Not the boosters or us for creating it or anything like that.

Now for the mafia, i will only say this once... I thought you guys were the best student section in basketball. I thought some of the crap you all did was very funny but if and big if you made the "sick puppy" comment then we have a problem. The pocy comment was disrespectful and i don't know about anything with the graham game so i won't comment on that. I hate to see the mafia disbanded cause it did influence a game and that is was the whole purpose of a audience is. Sorry that happen and this is my insight so take it or leave it.

Both of which are classless and have no place in a "cheering" section's cheers. If you folks in Richlands think that that is acceptable, then the problem runs deeper than with just the kids...

I know that if we had said that when I was in school, we'd all be banned from going to the games. As a matter of fact, my senior year, several kids were suspended from school and banned from attending basketball games for the rest of the season for having "Cortez Martin dolls" at our game vs. Bluefield...the "dolls" were made out of a Cotex (a play on his name) pad and a monkey head (and a poor attempt at making fun of his race)...Mr. Stone didn't think that was too funny and neither did the kids after their suspension.

Allowing "cheering sections" to blatently hurl personal attacks toward any player, coach, fan, or ref is completely and totally uncalled for and for the school administration and parents of those kids to allow it to continue is inexcusable...maybe the Tazewell Co. School Board needs to step in and bring a halt to this problem...

GMan i know you arent saying H-O-M-O is bad...every game of every year i was in high school we would pick one kid from the other team and call him FLAMER everytime he got the ball..these chants really arent that bad...they are actually good student section chants...the student sections around here now SUCK other than The Mafia...Graham's student section did the same cheer twice during the Tazewell game the other week and that was it! thats pathetic..absolutely pathetic..when you are in high school and in a student section..the purpose is to get into the opposing team's minds (and yes that means singling people out) and when the refs make a bad call and its OBVIOUS then you give them hell for it too...its part of the game...the chants student sections do is no worse then the adults screaming and yelling at the bball games when a bad call is made as well..student sections now are just pathetic all around..im glad i have graduated from high school cause if i was in one of those student sections i would not even go to the games because its no fun...its fun to get into the games and make chants about opposing teams...now with the Carlock stuff..im damn glad i wasnt at the game and heard someone say something bad about Coach Carlock Sr. i dont care how big they were i would have stomped their ass right then and there...no one was a better person in this world that i have met over Coach Carlock Sr. he was one of the most kind-hearted people ever...and if someone did say something about TJ i probably would have gotten into a fight with them as well because TJ has done something most of us could NEVER do...he fought the hardest fight of his life and won once already in his life..he is a very good and a very very talented young man...

It's official dawgs05, you are a classless bum. I am surprised that you actually spelled Vaught correctly. Two of those three accusations are a direct slap in my face. Yes every person on that 1992 State team deserved a ring. Go ask Orange County. Our youth coaches, along with the youth coaches at Honaker and Twin Valley are concerned with youth and player development, not winning. The Tazewell Youth Football program does not compete with us for one reason, in my opinion. We would not allow them to construct a team that was engineered to specifically beat Richlands. You can thank the powers that be in Tazewell. Those guys decided for themselves to leave on their own, and in doing so they doomed the Tazewell High School Football program for the foreseeable future, again that is my opinion. If you hate us that much, then keep our name out of your venomous mouth!

i'm sorry man....don't hate on me for bringing up some awful and downright embarassing moments in RHS history.

Hate who brought it to pass not the messenger......

For the record, since my buddy from Richlands, Blueneck nation wants to always say I am picking on the kids.....nothing I say about the Youth League is directed at the kids but a the individuals who run it and who are in control.....again, dont hate me for that one.....but those comments have come from the refs of your youth league who are some of the biggest die hards RHS fans I've ever met

Go back to the 2006 Youth League Football season and I'm sure you will know what I am talking about...

Also you call it a "direct slap in the face"?? LOL.....sorry bud, but if the Mafia can do it to all the area peoples and you guys back them like they are legit then expect the same from everyone else and consider it legit....even though its not

Only fair right?

Edited by dawgs05

Don't generalize and/or sterotype......It makes you look and sound stupid. I've coached in the Richlans Little League for eight years. You should come out and witness our activities and practices sometime firsthand. You're invited to mine anytime. Don't rely on opinions of others to form your own.

Don't generalize and/or sterotype......It makes you look and sound stupid. I've coached in the Richlans Little League for eight years. You should come out and witness our activities and practices sometime firsthand. You're invited to mine anytime. Don't rely on opinions of others to form your own.

Dawgs 05 was probably a manager or ballboy.....don't pay him any mind. He couldn't hold a mafia member's jock.