The Mafia

bmh8_2011

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true that the Mafia got in trouble and there can no longer be a Mafia?

If not they should be. The chant towards TJ Rasnick of "sick puppy" went way over the line. I know they are young kids, but they should know better. The school principal even has declined to do anything about it. She is the one who should take the heat for letting it go on. You have to show some respect, to earn respect. Win with class and play with class.

If not they should be. The chant towards TJ Rasnick of "sick puppy" went way over the line. I know they are young kids, but they should know better. The school principal even has declined to do anything about it. She is the one who should take the heat for letting it go on. You have to show some respect, to earn respect. Win with class and play with class.

wow that's completely low class...it's one thing to have some fun, but that's just pathetic...why would anyone think it is "OK" to say something like that to or about TJ, knowing what that kid has gone through...that's just totally pathetic and there is no excuse for that...if the thing they said about Carlock is true, that is just as bad.

What the hell Richlands people? What is wrong with you guys?

Never happened. The "sick puppy" is whoever made it up. And Carlock? I didn't hear it and I know it wasn't a chant.... so IF anything was said at all it was said by a single person. Not the group.

There are a lot of good kids in "The Mafia". The worst thing they do (now that "Push-it" has been banned) is "H-O-M-O You Can't Make a Free Throw" and "I'm Blind, I'm Gay, I Wanna be a Ref"

And early in the season the PA broke during the National Anthem and (without being asked) those rude, obnoxious, disrespectful kids stood up and sang it word for word...

There are a lot of good kids in "The Mafia". The worst thing they do (now that "Push-it" has been banned) is "H-O-M-O You Can't Make a Free Throw" and "I'm Blind, I'm Gay, I Wanna be a Ref"

Both of which are classless and have no place in a "cheering" section's cheers. If you folks in Richlands think that that is acceptable, then the problem runs deeper than with just the kids...

I know that if we had said that when I was in school, we'd all be banned from going to the games. As a matter of fact, my senior year, several kids were suspended from school and banned from attending basketball games for the rest of the season for having "Cortez Martin dolls" at our game vs. Bluefield...the "dolls" were made out of a Cotex (a play on his name) pad and a monkey head (and a poor attempt at making fun of his race)...Mr. Stone didn't think that was too funny and neither did the kids after their suspension.

Allowing "cheering sections" to blatently hurl personal attacks toward any player, coach, fan, or ref is completely and totally uncalled for and for the school administration and parents of those kids to allow it to continue is inexcusable...maybe the Tazewell Co. School Board needs to step in and bring a halt to this problem...

Never happened. The "sick puppy" is whoever made it up. And Carlock? I didn't hear it and I know it wasn't a chant.... so IF anything was said at all it was said by a single person. Not the group.

And early in the season the PA broke during the National Anthem and (without being asked) those rude, obnoxious, disrespectful kids stood up and sang it word for word...

wow...well i would hope they would have enough sense not to do something like that...maybe it's just a rumor then...I've heard the Carlock thing was true and I've heard it wasn't true...i dunno?

They need to watch what they say though because either way it looks like people are going to make a fuss over stuff...hate to see someone end up in trouble over it.

yea I don't know who who started that whole tj "sick puppy" crap but I assure you no one in the mafia said or chanted that. We all understand he is extremely sick so we're not gonna pick on him what's the point seriously?

wow...well i would hope they would have enough sense not to do something like that...maybe it's just a rumor then...I've heard the Carlock thing was true and I've heard it wasn't true...i dunno?

They need to watch what they say though because either way it looks like people are going to make a fuss over stuff...hate to see someone end up in trouble over it.

That's just it though Lance. The fuss is being made on the Internet by people who weren't even there. I was at the Tazewell game and I heard nothing about TJ. I was at the Graham game and heard nothing about Carlock. I recorded audio of over half that game. I haven't listened to all of it but what I have listened to said nothing about Carlock.

Come to a game. We'll talk about photography and you can listen for yourself. Maybe if you give your unbiased opinion this ridiculous overreaction can be put to rest.

That's just it though Lance. The fuss is being made on the Internet by people who weren't even there. I was at the Tazewell game and I heard nothing about TJ. I was at the Graham game and heard nothing about Carlock. I recorded audio of over half that game. I haven't listened to all of it but what I have listened to said nothing about Carlock.

Come to a game. We'll talk about photography and you can listen for yourself. Maybe if you give your unbiased opinion this ridiculous overreaction can be put to rest.

yeah i need to pick your brain about some stuff...been playing around with the camera and the more i learn the more i learn i dont know LOL..I'm off on Tues - Wed - Thurs every week so I'll try to catch a game...every time I try to go it ends up snowing or an ice storm or something...lol...no luck.

Is John Madden still the principal there?

yeah i need to pick your brain about some stuff...been playing around with the camera and the more i learn the more i learn i dont know LOL..I'm off on Tues - Wed - Thurs every week so I'll try to catch a game...every time I try to go it ends up snowing or an ice storm or something...lol...no luck.

We play Mon, Wed, and Fri against Haysi, Abingdon and @ Tazewell. Then @ Grundy on the 3rd. I'll be at all those games except maybe Tazewell... I think they want me to cover the JV at Tazewell HS while my friend Michelle covers varsity at the MS.

When I started learning photography my pictures actually got worse. The technical aspects (the fundamentals) are hard to grasp but eventually it will all "click" and be second nature.

You're wrong about the "sick puppy" thing. I was there, I heard it. The WHOLE group did it.

yea I don't know who who started that whole tj "sick puppy" crap but I assure you no one in the mafia said or chanted that. We all understand he is extremely sick so we're not gonna pick on him what's the point seriously?

I can ASSURE YOU they ALL chanted that. I heard it. Just quit trying to deny it, it's not like you're going to get in trouble for it anyway. You all can do whatever you want and you know it.

yea ive defended the mafia up til now but sick puppy c'mon man... if thats even true.. sound like a good underhanded blow at a hated cheering section.. the kind of blow that could get them banned.. and since when is PUSH-IT banned.. we still do that over here.. wat was supposedly said about carlock?

How come in the principal and ad meeting, they spent over an hour discussing this very comment? The Richlands ad, said his hands were tied because of who the kids were. Very classless. You need to quit defending what you do not know.

How come at the district principal and AD meeting they spent an hour discussing the same thing? Do not tell me it never happened. Do not defend what you do not know.

How come at the district principal and AD meeting they spent an hour discussing the same thing? Do not tell me it never happened. Do not defend what you do not know.

Unless you were at the game and heard it personally from a mafia member, you my friend or anyone at that matter can say they "know" that it is 100% true. I mean most of the people at the sit near the mafia are from richlands, the so called "sick puppy" comment was never chanted so if it was actually said whoever claims to have heard it must've been pretty dagone close to the mafia, cause Im in the mafia and I didn't hear it, neverless people on the other side of the court

Listen, I don't know who you are but I was there. If something like that was said I sure didn't hear it. The Tazewell game was three weeks ago... if something like that was said don't you think it would have found it's way into one the 50 threads about those kids before now?