Muncy's dream now a reality

tbgfan

Congratulations #5 Bulldog---with hard work, determination and a supporting family your dream has come true. Best wishes as a Deacon.

http://www.tricities.com/tri/sports/high_school_prep/high_school_football/article/tazewell_high_school_star_signs_to_play_at_wake_forest/19826/

Life has many choices---eternity has two

Edited by tbgfan

Congratulations #5 Bulldog---with hard work, determination and a supporting family your dream has come true. Best wishes as a Deacon.

http://www.tricities.com/tri/sports/high_school_prep/high_school_football/article/tazewell_high_school_star_signs_to_play_at_wake_forest/19826/

#5?

#5?

Well, I had #7 written in post congrats--then I looked at the pic in Bristol paper and it shows #5 (so I changed it). Should have stayed with my first inclination---and not went with the old adage "a picture is worth a 1,000 words". lol

Well, I had #7 written in post congrats--then I looked at the pic in Bristol paper and it shows #5 (so I changed it). Should have stayed with my first inclination---and not went with the old adage "a picture is worth a 1,000 words". lol

Matt wore #5 against Lebanon in honor of Rick Stansbury who had a serious car wreck a few days before this game -- but #7 is his usual number

# 5 was Matt; # 7 was his twin brother, Mutt ( a bulldog joke). There were actually two of him this year; the product of some genetic engineering in Bob Moss's 5th period Animal Care class. When one got tired, the other one came in the game. One will go to Wake, the other will go to Forest.

I've known this family since before Matt was born, and I can tell you with authority that the Bristol Herald was right on the money. His mother had the sole responsibility for his upbringing. She has worked tirelessly to support him, working with the Boosters, taking him to combines, handling mountains of correspondence from interested schools, and--most important--being there along with his PopPaw Peery for every game and scrimmage, and keeping his spirits up during the tough times.

Maybe because his dad's side of the family has had no impact on Matt's upbringing or football. BHC did a great job on Matt's aritcle. There are some things better left unsaid, especially if you do not know what you are talking about!!!!!

On his dads side.....his uncle Mike, his poppaw, his mommaw and pretty much all of his cousins have been there for him...........Stephani was there thru it all and no one is knockin her or jerry peery.....I know both of em well and they have done a great job.

Coming from Matt's Dads side of the family...I think I know exactly what I am talking about...

Remember, no one is knocking his mom or poppaw but I think the article leaves out some important aspects.....If you're gonna do a life story on someone at least do it right

The article was not intended to be a life story instead, it was an article based on Matt's dreams and goals, and his recruiting process. I'm sure Matt knows who has really been there for him...

How about getting back to what this thread is really suppose to be about.

Good Luck @ Wake Forest Matt!!!

he is better than fuller

As rhs33 said Muncy is a good player---but to say he is better than Fuller---NO! ! Fuller made 1st team all-state his junior and senior year and Muncy didn't. Muncy was a playmaker for the Dogs, just as Fuller was for the Blues. Fuller played on the state championship teams his junior and senior years and was an impact player both years. Muncy did help carry the Dogs to the regionals, this past year and had an excellent game, (I was there), but they still lost. Fuller was offensive POY for BDT his junior year and BHC defensive player of year his senior year. To sum it up, they are both D-1 football recruits, who hopefully will have great careers in college, but to say Muncy is a better player than Fuller---not true.

OK ppl don't let this turn into a "whose better thread"....these are two distinct different players ....they both got D1 schollys....and they're both from Tazewell County.

Fuller proved his "worth" by getting to the VA state championship game 3 yrs. in a row and being a big factor in that happening (especially the last 2 trips.) Fuller was redshirted last year and this coming season will be his time to show his skills.

Muncy gets all the headlines this year b/c he was recruited this year.....he attended the camps, combines and was a difference maker on his team.....let's ALL be happy/proud for him and hope that in the coming years both players are playmakers on their respective college teams. Nuff said.

Edited by trublue

OK ppl don't let this turn into a "whose better thread"....these are two distinct different players ....they both got D1 schollys....and they're both from Tazewell County.

Fuller proved his "worth" by getting to the VA state championship game 3 yrs. in a row and being a big factor in that happening (especially the last 2 trips.) Fuller was redshirted last year and this coming season will be his time to show his skills.

Muncy gets all the headlines this year b/c he was recruited this year.....he attended the camps, combines and was a difference maker on his team.....let's ALL be happy/proud for him and hope that in the coming years both players are playmakers on their respective college teams. Nuff said.

nominated for best post

Definitely gets my vote for best post! Let's give both these outstanding young men their props, and be thankful we have them. God willing, we'll all be able to follow their careers many years into the future, while nurturing others to follow in their footsteps.

http://www.wakeforest.rivals.com/default.asp?type=2

http://www.wakeforest.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=910215

Jared Shelton

DeaconsIllustrated.com Publisher

The Wake Forest offense struggled in 2008, but the Demon Deacons have secured quite a collection of offensive talent in the 2009 recruiting class. Deacons Illustrated takes a look at this unit and hands out our offensive class awards.

Best Athlete: While this recruiting class has plenty of athletic ability, perhaps nobody has as much potential as Clarksville (MD) River Hill wide receiver Michael Campanaro.

The River Hill standout was arguably the most productive player in Maryland high school football history, averaging over 2,000 all-purpose yards in his three seasons at the varsity level. Although he doesn't have great size, Campanaro has elite quickness and football smarts. He should be able to contribute for the Demon Deacons at a variety of positions including wide receiver, running back, and punt returner.

Most Underrated: While Wake has several players in this class who can be considered underrated, perhaps the one player who has the most upside is hybrid tight end prospect Matt Muncy.

At 6-foot-4, the Tazewell (VA) Tazewell star has the ability to create mismatch opportunities all over the field. Couple his size with his 4.6 speed, and Muncy has the potential to be a very useful weapon for the Deacs.

Biggest Surprise: It should not come as a surprise that Wake Forest snagged a couple of recruits from the Dallas-Ft.Worth metroplex, but the signing of Duncanville (TX) Duncanville running back Josh Harris didn't look like a possibility after he broke off his original commitment. Luckily for the Deacs he ended up committing back to Wake Forest after looking around at some other schools in December. Harris is an explosive back with a college body and good top end speed. He was a serious difference maker when he returned at the end of his senior season.

Barnes will add some much needed depth to the center position.

Best position: One of the biggest struggles with the Wake Forest offense this past season was the offensive line. Although they improved their performance at the end of the year, the Deacs could definitely use more talent in the trenches. The offensive line added two promising young players in Rocky Mount (NC) Rocky Mount center Whit Barnes and Lynchburg (VA) Brookville tackle Devin Bolling. Barnes is one of the best center prospects in the nation, and Bolling is one of the most underrated tackle prospects on the east coast.

Deacons Illustrated is the premier site for Wake Forest recruiting and athletics information.

Edited by football09

Most Underrated: While Wake has several players in this class who can be considered underrated, perhaps the one player who has the most upside is hybrid tight end prospect Matt Muncy.

Wow and to think that many people on this site, seem to think he is overrated... Guess WF does not log into SWVASPORTS forms... Good Luck Matt....