Graham Coach

Boo77

If you think it is gaining steam on here, you should hear it in the Va High parents. They want a proven winner is how it was stated to me. Some people who keep up with football questions his track record. I will leave it alone. I guess this is not a open forum must have stepped on some ones foot not just toes. I will say it seems as though the coach already brings some kind of baggages or Maybe these people are not giving him a chance. I dont know I just posted what a friend of mine from Bristol told me. I was just wondering what the people of SWVA Sports thought of this move and would it happen.

I read in post to this thread that he was part of a successful coaching staff. What kind of success has he had as head coach?

He is awesome!!! You guys should hire him immediately!

He is awesome!!! You guys should hire him immediately!

Actually he can put a pretty good run game together, if he would just commit more to the change in the pass game and get the defensive side back like it was a couple years ago everybody would be singing a different song.

Now the names of the people doing the interviewing have gotten out. From my understanding parents are already on them. One person asked to be removed. I dont think G-man has a chance in Bristol. My opinion, could be wrong but I dont think so.

Actually he can put a pretty good run game together, if he would just commit more to the change in the pass game and get the defensive side back like it was a couple years ago everybody would be singing a different song.
HAHAH yeah thats what you think..change up the calls? its way more than that and you would have to play for him to know what im talking about

"..change up the calls? "

No. That's not what i meant.... 20 yrs ago teams would line up in August and whoever had the toughest line and the quickest backs had the best chance.

Things have changed and whoever can adapt to the changes and get in front of them will compete.

Now the names of the people doing the interviewing have gotten out. From my understanding parents are already on them. One person asked to be removed. I dont think G-man has a chance in Bristol. My opinion, could be wrong but I dont think so.

Backing off your "bold" rumor now are you????

Backing off your "bold" rumor now are you????

No I am not backing off the bold rumor. I dont have a crystal ball I just know what is happening in Bristol because of former college roomate. By what I am hearing I dont think he has a chance. That does not mean that the parents win. The interview committee and the school board could do their own thing no matter how the rest of the community feels. Look at the problems they are having down there. probelms in the VHS coaching ranks. . I do not know the graham coach. I do know that the statement has been made that VHS has gotten rid of on a##hole and they dont need another. I dont read people minds. I know what I have been told. I will tell you this he is not their first choice. The guy from Fla that removed his name from the pot was first choice. I think the Jones guy from Lynchburg has the frontrunning spot(State championship) Proven winner as on schoolboard member made statement that they wanted. Wright from Marion next choice with Locke(VHS staff) next and the Graham guy is last in the four left. Again my opinion just like you have yours and someone else has theirs. This guy may be a great coach and a heck of nice guy. It just seems that some people have already made up their mind about you I mean Him. We will see.

I do not know the graham coach. I do know that the statement has been made that VHS has gotten rid of on a##hole and they dont need another.

Let me get this straight...

You don't know the Graham coach yet you insinuate he's an "a##hole" just like the one V-High just got rid of...

You are really losing any credibility you may have had on this board...

Oh, and just for your information, I'm not the Graham coach...there are plenty of posters on here who do know me that you can ask if you need verification of that...

You don't know the Graham coach yet you insinuate he's an "a##hole" just like the one V-High just got rid of...

Oh, and just for your information, I'm not the Graham coach...there are plenty of posters on here who do know me that you can ask if you need verification of that...

No!No!No! You miss understood. I did not make the a-hole statement about the coach. I dont know the coach personally. That statement was made to me by someone. I guess I should have stated it was a quote from someone else. If you took it that way I apologize. What I was trying to say is that it seems that the people in Bristol have this guy tried and convicted even before the interview. And that it is strange how so much information can get out before the process has even began. As far a credibility I dont really care. I have not stated anything that has not come true in Bristol so far. There is a school administrator in Bristol that is beside himself because all this information is out. Schoolboard members are receiving emails like crazy and people on the interview committee are asking how these people know this stuff already. My orginal question I think was what kind of coach was he and what kind of record he had at Graham. I still dont think he has a chance at the job by what is going on but you never know. The schoolboard and the interviewing committee might decide that they want to take a chance on getting voted out next election because they did not represent the people who got them elected to the board. If he is the best guy for the job, then he should have it.

Edited by Boo77

G-Man just so you know. I am not taking on water or backing off of my orginal post. I am not intending to throw off on Graham or their coach. For your information I played in the day of the old SWD when Graham would hand you your rearend. The days of Eddie Hall and Mark Cunndiff or was he Tazewell. I dont remember I am getting old. Those where some great teams and a tough district. I know that alot of my posts may have been taken wrong but my question about the coach was on his record and how the people of Bristol was acting already. So without rambling any more I will leave the thread alone and we will see what happens in Bristol next week. Sorry dude I was not insulting Coach Marrs. Was just wanting to know a little about him and his record at the school.

G-Man just so you know. I am not taking on water or backing off of my orginal post. I am not intending to throw off on Graham or their coach. For your information I played in the day of the old SWD when Graham would hand you your rearend. The days of Eddie Hall and Mark Cunndiff or was he Tazewell. I dont remember I am getting old. Those where some great teams and a tough district. I know that alot of my posts may have been taken wrong but my question about the coach was on his record and how the people of Bristol was acting already. So without rambling any more I will leave the thread alone and we will see what happens in Bristol next week. Sorry dude I was not insulting Coach Marrs. Was just wanting to know a little about him and his record at the school.

Mark "Caveman" Cundiff played at Graham along with Eddie "Hitman" Hall...those were the good ole days, alright.

No I am not backing off the bold rumor. I dont have a crystal ball I just know what is happening in Bristol because of former college roomate. By what I am hearing I dont think he has a chance. That does not mean that the parents win. The interview committee and the school board could do their own thing no matter how the rest of the community feels. Look at the problems they are having down there. probelms in the VHS coaching ranks. . I do not know the graham coach. I do know that the statement has been made that VHS has gotten rid of on a##hole and they dont need another. I dont read people minds. I know what I have been told. I will tell you this he is not their first choice. The guy from Fla that removed his name from the pot was first choice. I think the Jones guy from Lynchburg has the frontrunning spot(State championship) Proven winner as on schoolboard member made statement that they wanted. Wright from Marion next choice with Locke(VHS staff) next and the Graham guy is last in the four left. Again my opinion just like you have yours and someone else has theirs. This guy may be a great coach and a heck of nice guy. It just seems that some people have already made up their mind about you I mean Him. We will see.

New name added to the list to replace the Fla coach. Scammell of Castlewood will also be interviewing today in Bristol. Another committee member removed or replaced by the schoolboard. Seems one schoolboard member was trying to stack the committee. Head of schoolboard furious. Has stated that even though the interviews will take place today They do not have to hire anyone the committee recomends. It may get nasty in Bristol before they find a coach. For that matter the coaches may decide they dont want to jump in that fire. Terrible mess especially for the kids! So we may know who is the Va High coach and we may not. Reads like a bad soap opera down there. I bet principal wishes he had stayed at Dan River