Can anyone challenge CAVE SPRING

the watcher

yeah it was and no

Hey Idiot (teamdagger) the minimum that can go to regions is 5 not 4 and the max that can go is 8, my coach told me so before you give back a smart remark know what you are talking about.

Hey Idiot (teamdagger) the minimum that can go to regions is 5 not 4 and the max that can go is 8, my coach told me so before you give back a smart remark know what you are talking about.

haha ahh crap my bad dagger i read your response bk wrong my bad man.

Doubtful...Martinsville is the only team with a real shot...

i like your thinking GMan. i was told by a pretty good source that bassett could've just about named the score the night they won by 20 something down at graham. the bengals were that much better. and i think just about everyone would admit that this is a definite down year in the piedmont.

i could easily see graham as the swd's top seed losing to a team like tunstall in the opening round of regionals if they got matched up...and tunstall finished the year 5-15 (3-7 in the piedmont). i don't know the brackets or who gets byes or whatever, but tunstall will likely get graham or cave.

to take it one step further...

patrick county finished the season 4-19 overall (0-8 in the piedmont). the cougars beat carroll county twice - once by 10 and once by 15. graham beat carroll by 6 and by 12.

i just think graham is probably in trouble as soon as they step out of the swd.

i like your thinking GMan. i was told by a pretty good source that bassett could've just about named the score the night they won by 20 something down at graham. the bengals were that much better. and i think just about everyone would admit that this is a definite down year in the piedmont.

i could easily see graham as the swd's top seed losing to a team like tunstall in the opening round of regionals if they got matched up...and tunstall finished the year 5-15 (3-7 in the piedmont). i don't know the brackets or who gets byes or whatever, but tunstall will likely get graham or cave.

it that were the case then why did they not just name their score and beat ghs by more than 20.i dont think any team can just name a score and win by that. take lee here in staunton they are by far the best team in this area. but they played stuarts draft and draft took them to double overtime before lee won by about 9. you cannot count any team out just because as everyone says the swd is down. but i hope that all keep putting down what graham has done this year and give them motivation to prove that they are better than all give them credit for. it seems to me when ghs does well you all get on here and give reasons why they are doing better. you cannot give ghs credit for being a good team. you cannot go 16-5 in a season no matter ( how weak as some put it the district is) without having a good team. now you all can blast me for being on grahams side and supporting what they have accomplished this year.

it that were the case then why did they not just name their score and beat ghs by more than 20.i dont think any team can just name a score and win by that. take lee here in staunton they are by far the best team in this area. but they played stuarts draft and draft took them to double overtime before lee won by about 9. you cannot count any team out just because as everyone says the swd is down. but i hope that all keep putting down what graham has done this year and give them motivation to prove that they are better than all give them credit for. it seems to me when ghs does well you all get on here and give reasons why they are doing better. you cannot give ghs credit for being a good team. you cannot go 16-5 in a season no matter ( how weak as some put it the district is) without having a good team. now you all can blast me for being on grahams side and supporting what they have accomplished this year.

When was the last time you watched a SWD basketball game??? It has gone tremendously downhill in the last few years. Its going to take more than motivation for any team from the SWD to win in Region play.

Yes, Graham went 16-5 but take away the 11-1 district record and you have a team that went 5-4 against a mostly Class A schedule. They beat Bland Co. and Narrows twice each (they tied for last place in the MED and combined for 12 wins this season), and Bluefield (who has its worst team in 20 years). They lost to Twin Valley twice (by 26 and 12), Bassett (by 23), and Roanoke Catholic (by 35).

The SWD, combined, went 24-45 in non-district play. If that isn't weak, then I don't know what is...

When was the last time you watched a SWD basketball game??? It has gone tremendously downhill in the last few years. Its going to take more than motivation for any team from the SWD to win in Region play.

Yes, Graham went 16-5 but take away the 11-1 district record and you have a team that went 5-4 against a mostly Class A schedule. They beat Bland Co. and Narrows twice each (they tied for last place in the MED and combined for 12 wins this season), and Bluefield (who has its worst team in 20 years). They lost to Twin Valley twice (by 26 and 12), Bassett (by 23), and Roanoke Catholic (by 35).

The SWD, combined, went 24-45 in non-district play. If that isn't weak, then I don't know what is...

Do you ever get tired of talking trash about the G-Men. You have made your point many many times and it gets old.

Where am I talking trash??? All I'm doing is stating the truth and backing it up with factual evidence...

GMan is right. The SWD is way down and he proved it with evidence. I wouldn't call that trash talking. Plus he addimitted in earlier post about "Manning Up" and how Graham suprised him winning the district.

Edited by bmh8_2011

i got to see one game this year and before you go off on me yes that is not enough to determine how good they are or not. but point being you need to support these kids in their endevors. not continue to put them down. they read this and if you keep telling a kid they are not good they will eventually believe you. i am not saying tell them they are great. but at least give them credit for what they have done this year. and in basketball i dont think the line between single a and double a is that big except in your bigger schools. and you did not say anything about the lee stuarts draft game. lee is a very good team and anyone can lose on a given night and they should have except draft got tired in the end. so ghs stands a chance maybe small but still they have that chance and should be supported by fans from ghs. even those of us who are older. these kids need support from all of us even you. and if you cannot do that then you should back down from putting them down and let those of us who believe in these kids tell them that. they get enough negative from everyone else here they do not need if from someone from ghs. so if you cannot do that then be silent on them.

GMan is right. The SWD is way down and he proved it with evidence. I wouldn't call that trash talking. Plus he addimitted in earlier post about "Manning Up" and how Graham suprised him winning the district.

yea he manned up but in the same breath put these kids down as he has and continues to do. for the most part i repect him and his knowledge. but he should be supportive of these kids no matter ( how weak the district is and how suprised he is that ghs won the district) still he is from ghs and should be supportive and in he cannot do that then as i said earlier he should be silent on ghs basketball hopes.

You're right, I did "man up" and told them they had a far better season than I expected them to have...

Now, I'm giving them a dose of reality, as harsh as it may be, based on facts.

There is no need to "lie" to them and tell them that they are a great team just because they won the worst basketball district in Class AA...that just isn't logical and that's not how I operate...

it that were the case then why did they not just name their score and beat ghs by more than 20.i dont think any team can just name a score and win by that.

jeez my man...naming an exact score is kind of what you would call a 'figure of speech'. the point is...bassett was much, much better than graham. a team like tunstall, whose not-so-great record i gave above, actually led bassett at halftime in one of their games. their two games with bassett were a lot closer than the 23 point shellacking graham took at home to the bengals. i'm in no way trying to degrade ghs or their kids, i'm just using like opponents and arriving at a somewhat logical conclusion....again, it's my opinion that graham is likely in trouble the first game they play outside of a swd opponent. i'm not questioning their manhood, doubting their abilities, talking trash, etc. etc. etc. Only stating an opinion.

that out of district record gman posted for the entire swd speaks VOLUMES. especially considering a bunch of those games (wins and losses) came against single a competition.

and this just in about lee...while they are one of the best teams in aa again this year, they're not nearly as good as they have been in the past. so the game against draft isn't a big shocker. they've had several games in the last month or so where they had to pull one out in the 4th quarter.

NEWSFLASH - AA basketball as a whole is down this season as opposed to recent years.

You're right, I did "man up" and told them they had a far better season than I expected them to have...

Now, I'm giving them a dose of reality, as harsh as it may be, based on facts.

There is no need to "lie" to them and tell them that they are a great team just because they won the worst basketball district in Class AA...that just isn't logical and that's not how I operate...

did not say lie to them but to support these kids and encourage them to play their best they get enough reality from everyone else here and i dont think these kids feel they are better than others but that they can play as a team and have a chance. all i said is support the kids or let them be.

I personally dont have a problem with the message GMan is putting out there. Graduating 3 years ago, we made a pretty good run in the Region and played an eventual state semifinalist (Bassett, who actually won the regular season PD title over eventual state champion Martinsville) very very close on the road without our leading scorer and rebounder in the Region Semi's. The SWD has dropped considerably in the last 3 years and its very noticable.

I think the problem, GMan, is how often your message is put out there. Everybody understands what you think about the SWD in basketball. Is it really necessary to continue to put down their performances, intentionally or unintentionally? Your message is clear. This board is full of SWD fans and of course fans are going to have hope that their team can win the games they are in. I just dont think the negativity is needed EVERY time something about winning and competing is mentioned.

I personally dont have a problem with the message GMan is putting out there. Graduating 3 years ago, we made a pretty good run in the Region and played an eventual state semifinalist (Bassett, who actually won the regular season PD title over eventual state champion Martinsville) very very close on the road without our leading scorer and rebounder in the Region Semi's. The SWD has dropped considerably in the last 3 years and its very noticable.

I think the problem, GMan, is how often your message is put out there. Everybody understands what you think about the SWD in basketball. Is it really necessary to continue to put down their performances, intentionally or unintentionally? Your message is clear. This board is full of SWD fans and of course fans are going to have hope that their team can win the games they are in. I just dont think the negativity is needed EVERY time something about winning and competing is mentioned.[/Q

Good post...everyone already knows the SWD has gone done the last couple of years. Not everyone wants to hear about it every time GMan makes a post