Marion vs Cave Spring

Canes00

Marion played a good game and that 6' 11'' guy that has signed with VT one word uninpresive. Yes he can dunk it and rebound but the kid is soft marion held him to only 9 points and only 1 dunk. Coming into this game i heard that he threw it down 4 to 5 times a game but not tonight. Another thing that hurt the canes was the free throw shooting cave springs hit all but 2 free throws and our boys missed a good bit. Another was the poor refing and dont take me wrong they did not lose us the game. But they must have thought because your 6' 11" or 6' 5" that you dont have to play shraight up. In all, this was a good game. Good luck in states canes, we will be there to chear yall on. And if anyone knows please answer me..Is Cave Springs made up of a bunch of rich kids? Because they had big tour busses, there uniforms were tight, and must of the parents were rollin up in Ferrari's and Chorvette's...I dont know for sure, thats why im asking.

Marion held their own in the game until the 4th quarter, when they played like it was a pick-up game and no one was allowed to drive to the basket. Sure the bigger guys on the other side had something to do with it but the Canes just did not look like a team in that last quarter. They were down 45-41 and got stuck while CS scored I think 12 or 14 in a row, mostly on free throws. It would ave been a good time to have some decent coaching. Jason Dotson seemed to be the only one wanting to take it inside consistently, but Marion's big guys, Lincoln and Helton, had by far their most minutes of the whole season and were up to the challenge defending against the bigger CV boys. Makes you wonder how good Marion would have been this season if they were played against the much smaller teams throughout the year. Roe did not have a good game and Hannah, Noe and most of the rest were not at their best. All in all Marion had a better year than most expected, but for some of us who have seen these boys since they were young, competing against the region's other teams in AAU, we know they could do better, and only hope that we get a coach next year who knows basketball and knows how to teach and motivate the kids. Congratulations Canes for a good year and best of luck in the quarter-finals next weekend. We will be there cheering til we're hoarse.

I listened to the game on the radio. It was a lot closer than most were predicting. Marion was down eight at halftime. They cut it to four early in the fouth but that was as close as they got.

What radio station carried the game and are they going to be carrying Marion's game next week?

Life has many choices---eternity has two

Marion played a good game and that 6' 11'' guy that has signed with VT one word uninpresive. Yes he can dunk it and rebound but the kid is soft marion held him to only 9 points and only 1 dunk. Coming into this game i heard that he threw it down 4 to 5 times a game but not tonight. Another thing that hurt the canes was the free throw shooting cave springs hit all but 2 free throws and our boys missed a good bit. Another was the poor refing and dont take me wrong they did not lose us the game. But they must have thought because your 6' 11" or 6' 5" that you dont have to play shraight up. In all, this was a good game. Good luck in states canes, we will be there to chear yall on. And if anyone knows please answer me..Is Cave Springs made up of a bunch of rich kids? Because they had big tour busses, there uniforms were tight, and must of the parents were rollin up in Ferrari's and Chorvette's...I dont know for sure, thats why im asking.

about the whole officiating or however spell it that big guy was over the back and hack marions bigguy alot and got away with it all game, marion has come along way this season i was very impressed with there play tonight they showed alot of heart and i just wish they couldve come out on top. oh and that ferrari that was right in front of the school idk whos it is but there at like almost all teh graham games so i think there from around here but whatever

Marion played a good game and that 6' 11'' guy that has signed with VT one word uninpresive.

Ummm...that "6'11" guy" hasn't signed or verballed to VT...I'm not even sure if he's on their radar screen...

The only player from the Roanoke area that has signed with VT is Ben Boggs from Hidden Valley but he has missed almost the entire season with a broken leg...

i got word from a pretty good source that boggs is almost ready to be cleared to return. there's no way he'd be anywhere near game shape, but just to have a few minutes at a time would make them a whole new team.

Marion held their own in the game until the 4th quarter, when they played like it was a pick-up game and no one was allowed to drive to the basket. Sure the bigger guys on the other side had something to do with it but the Canes just did not look like a team in that last quarter. They were down 45-41 and got stuck while CS scored I think 12 or 14 in a row, mostly on free throws. It would ave been a good time to have some decent coaching. Jason Dotson seemed to be the only one wanting to take it inside consistently, but Marion's big guys, Lincoln and Helton, had by far their most minutes of the whole season and were up to the challenge defending against the bigger CV boys. Makes you wonder how good Marion would have been this season if they were played against the much smaller teams throughout the year. Roe did not have a good game and Hannah, Noe and most of the rest were not at their best. All in all Marion had a better year than most expected, but for some of us who have seen these boys since they were young, competing against the region's other teams in AAU, we know they could do better, and only hope that we get a coach next year who knows basketball and knows how to teach and motivate the kids. Congratulations Canes for a good year and best of luck in the quarter-finals next weekend. We will be there cheering til we're hoarse.

I personally think that coach Haga has done an outstanding job this year, stepping in and taking over after the other coach left or was dismissed, or whatever happened. Coach Haga is a first class individual and has done a great job filling in, under trying circumstances.

I personally think that coach Haga has done an outstanding job this year, stepping in and taking over after the other coach left or was dismissed, or whatever happened. Coach Haga is a first class individual and has done a great job filling in, under trying circumstances.

He has done a great job. Good luck Canes in the State playoffs. Keep up the great season.

Haga has done a good job he shows alot of emotion on the sideline during the game. It will be interesting to see if he stays with it after this season or go out and get another coach. Marion should have a good team next year so this is a good job to have.

Haga has done a good job he shows alot of emotion on the sideline during the game. It will be interesting to see if he stays with it after this season or go out and get another coach. Marion should have a good team next year so this is a good job to have.

I heard haga wasnt coming back from alot of players and parents.

I am not questioning Coach Haga's character, let me make that very clear. What I am critical of is his lack of hoops knowledge. If you had watched his substitution patterns throughout the year, you would probably understand what I am talking about. He puts such a high premium on hustle, which is understandable, but at the expense of execution and BASKETBALL preparation. Unfortunately the same element that goes into the lack of good referees here i in southwest Virginia s present when it comes to good coaching. There is not much to choose from, and apparently they are limited to whoever is already in the teaching community. Anyway it is not my intention to bring anyone in the Canes community down. I just think that, as far as the basketball team has gone this year, we could be better for next year.