J.I. Burton - Jaycob Coleman

Powell Valley - Tyler Garrison

J.J. Kelly - Joseph Collins

PLAYER OF THE YEAR - Tihlee Anderson, Gate City

COACH OF THE YEAR -

Wayne Rasnick, Castlewood (Division 2)

Pat Jervis, Appalachia (Division 1)

Life has many choices---eternity two

Hunter Simpson should be first or second team. He is a much better player that most of the people listed up there. Also, how does Garrett Horne (Twin Valley) not even make Honorable mention. I would put him up against any point guard in the region. I agree that Tihlee Anderson is a great player and probably should be first team, but Garrett had a tremendous season and should definitely be second team, or even honorable mention.

Sounds like the kids from Twin Valley got the Shaft!! If the info is correct!!

The list was published in Sunday's Bristol Herald Courier.

I agree, I thought the Twin Valley kids should have been first team--and wondered if anyone else would have the same thought.

Life has many choices---eternity two

This team is a joke. If Hunter Simpson can't even make the second team, it just shows how the coaches "team-up" and vote for each other's players. Fletcher on the first team and Hall on the second team shows just how political the regional and district selection process is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This team is a joke. If Hunter Simpson can't even make the second team, it just shows how the coaches "team-up" and vote for each other's players. Fletcher on the first team and Hall on the second team shows just how political the regional and district selection process is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Fletcher won POY which automatically puts him on first team.

This selection is ridiculous...I agree with coalminer completely when he said that the selection is political. Hunter Simpson is one of the best to ever come out of Twin Valley (which is a team that has made the trip to Richmond 3 times in 4 years). How can you honestly have no kids from TV to make first team all region. I hope the coach's in this region are happy with their political and petty ways and I hope it makes them feel good to know they gave kids the shaft

The first team is made up of the best player from both Division CHAMPS, 2 POY who get on 1st team automatically, and a player who scored over 2,000 pts in his career. And the problem is what???

The first team is made up of the best player from both Division CHAMPS, 2 POY who get on 1st team automatically, and a player who scored over 2,000 pts in his career. And the problem is what???

1st team made up of four district players of the year. Clinch Mt, LPD, Cumberland and Black Diamond. Leaves room for one more. Simpson is not the next best player, even from his own team.

Guest BB_TWEEDER
1st team made up of four district players of the year. Clinch Mt, LPD, Cumberland and Black Diamond. Leaves room for one more. Simpson is not the next best player, even from his own team.

I must agree with that.

i had decided to lay-off posting for a while but i just couldnt resist here....this is the biggest load of crap i have seen in my life.. Hunter Simpson is 5 times the player justin hall is.. i agree with Tihlee being POY.. and agree with most guys (haven't seen all of them play) who made first team.. they should probably be there.. but theres a couple of guys who made 2nd team that could be replaced with better players.. and how in gods name does garrett horne who is the best D1 PG in the region, not even make honorable mention.. Congrats to Tihlee.. but you coaches are ridiculous!!

Edited by hokiepanther

Guest BB_TWEEDER
i had decided to lay-off posting for a while but i just couldnt resist here....this is the biggest load of crap i have seen in my life.. Hunter Simpson is 5 times the player justin hall is.. i agree with Tihlee being POY.. and agree with most guys (haven't seen all of them play) who made first team.. they should probably be there.. but theres a couple of guys who made 2nd team that could be replaced with better players.. and how in gods name does garrett horne who is the best D1 PG in the region, not even make honorable mention.. Congrats to Tihlee.. but you coaches are ridiculous!!

Not trying to argue here or anything, but Justin Hall was by far the best player on his team, Hunter was not the best player on his team. Its all about politics, Hunter may be a better player (and I do believe he is), but Justin was the best player of his team and got more attention becasue of this. Its a crappy system, but thats the best the VHSL can come up with. I do believe the system should be changed, but doubt it will. But I do not believe Hunter deserved first team, second team yes.

Not trying to argue here or anything, but Justin Hall was by far the best player on his team, Hunter was not the best player on his team. Its all about politics, Hunter may be a better player (and I do believe he is), but Justin was the best player of his team and got more attention becasue of this. Its a crappy system, but thats the best the VHSL can come up with. I do believe the system should be changed, but doubt it will. But I do not believe Hunter deserved first team, second team yes.

ive watched twin valley play all year, and hunter is BY FAR the BEST ALL AROUND player on the team. josh smith gets alot of credit because of his strenght, rebounding and put backs....hunter can do it all, its stupid to think he is not the best overall player on the team when he clearly is followed by josh then garrett

Hunter is by far the leader of the twin valley baskeball team if everbody just know how much work he put into getting ready for this year he would be first team region and state. He is one of the best to ever leave this area along with garret horne. Both of these guys are two of the best, and they well be missed in the bdd next year. I have to say Hunter was the best player on the twin valley team he could shot the 3, rebound, and had a good inside game. Horn should have at least made second team could shot the ball very well and had vision like nobody else. Also another player that should have been honorable metion was lucas from twin valley stepped his game up alot this year. All I can say is I wish these two guys the best along with otto from council and the guys from hurley, honaker, and haysi best of luck to all u guys.

Edited by heat

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Hunter is a jack of all trades and a king of none. Josh is a king at his trade of rebounding and down low play. Josh is a hell of alot better than Hunter and most kids ever to come out of this area. Hunter may be the leader, but like I said its a crappy system! Im not taking anything from Hunter, but Josh is by far the best player on that team, and by the time its all said and done prolly the best The Valley has ever had. And I appeciate you heat for Wishing Hurley and the other players in the BDD luck, Thats great sportsmanship, good luck to all and exspecialy you Hunter! You are a class act!

Ahh i dont know what to say here.. tweeder is right on the aspect that hunter is the best all around player on the panthers squad, while smith does what he does and does it with perfection.. soo.. its all in the eye of the beholder here.. in my eyes hunter is the best simply because he's an all around player.. but i am not taking anything away from smith because he's the best at what he does which is the inside game with the put backs and rebounds.. which won alot of games for twin valley this year.. as did the outside shooting of hunter and horne.. but as ive said before.. its rather hard to find twin valleys best player.. cuz there all great.. and they play great together.. and thats why they've made a name for them self in the state of virginia

Guest BB_TWEEDER

I agree with you HokiePanther... You cant decide the best player becasue they all play so well together... Just like Julius said from Remember The Titans, "I may not be perferct, but this TEAM is perfect" ... Its one of those deals where if your down by 3 with 10 seconds remaining your gonna go to Hunter or Garret for that 3.. if your down by 2 with 10 seconds remaining your gonna go to Smith. SO like you said its in the eye of the beholder.