OK Richlanders...what's the scoop on the incident...

GMan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I as well have heard just that. Dont know if its true but what ive heard its a 16 year old from Richlands and 2 from Tazewell.

this seems to be the popular rumor but I've yet to hear this is true....anyone know the latest info?

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

• 1 year later...

• 1 year later...

Their Son was arrested and charged with 2 counts of Capital Murder yesterday.

http://www.wvva.com/story/21195178/2013/02/14/arrest-made-in-2009-pizza-plus-slaying

TAZEWELL, VA. (WVVA)--- The son of the victims in 2009's Pizza Plus slayings has been arrested and charged with his parents' murder.

Christopher Dean Looney, 32, of the Belfast area of Russell County, was arrested Wednesday and charged with two counts of capital murder.

Police say Christopher murdered his parents, 52-year-old Harvey and 48-year-old Valerie Looney in March of 2009 at the Pizza Plus in Claypool Hill where they worked.

Christopher was the Looneys' only child. He was arraigned Thursday morning.

The arrest was announced during a news conference held Thursday morning at the Tazewell County Sheriff's Office.

In making the announcement, Police Chief Brian Hieatt said the department had never given up on the case.

The four-year anniversary of the murders is next month.

Their Son was arrested and charged with 2 counts of Capital Murder yesterday.

http://www.wvva.com/story/21195178/2013/02/14/arrest-made-in-2009-pizza-plus-slaying

TAZEWELL, VA. (WVVA)--- The son of the victims in 2009's Pizza Plus slayings has been arrested and charged with his parents' murder.

Christopher Dean Looney, 32, of the Belfast area of Russell County, was arrested Wednesday and charged with two counts of capital murder.

Police say Christopher murdered his parents, 52-year-old Harvey and 48-year-old Valerie Looney in March of 2009 at the Pizza Plus in Claypool Hill where they worked.

Christopher was the Looneys' only child. He was arraigned Thursday morning.

The arrest was announced during a news conference held Thursday morning at the Tazewell County Sheriff's Office.

In making the announcement, Police Chief Brian Hieatt said the department had never given up on the case.

The four-year anniversary of the murders is next month.

So THIS is why there was ungodly traffic on Main Street this morning.

Officers tell war stories about the crime scenes they've seen, the bad and the ugly. When this one is mentioned, they get a tone of solemn reverence, and you hear things like: "the worst I've ever seen"; "I've been here 22 years and this tops them all"; etc.

Tazewell seldom gets captial cases. This will be interesting.

Yikes. Sounds like this one might finally close. Double-murder is already sad enough, now with the son at fault it amps the sad by about 300 sads.

It was always rumored that he was involved, the TCSD made sure they had all their i's dotted and t's crossed before charging him...

So THIS is why there was ungodly traffic on Main Street this morning.

Officers tell war stories about the crime scenes they've seen, the bad and the ugly. When this one is mentioned, they get a tone of solemn reverence, and you hear things like: "the worst I've ever seen"; "I've been here 22 years and this tops them all"; etc.

Tazewell seldom gets captial cases. This will be interesting.

wonder if he has killed anyone else in the mean time? (seriously)

would love to know the details of how this finally came together for them to have enough to get the guy.

what kind of person does this to your parents? pathetic.

It was always rumored that he was involved, the TCSD made sure they had all their i's dotted and t's crossed before charging him...

From everything I've heard running around, I don't think it's over yet either. I think we will hear more on this before it's all over.

What kind of person does that, then goes back into the same restaurant multiple times after he murdered said parents in said restaurant? My friend was the last person to see them alive, and he said in the months/years after it happened, he was in the store many, many times. Sick, sick, sick.

wonder if he has killed anyone else in the mean time? (seriously)

would love to know the details of how this finally came together for them to have enough to get the guy.

It will be definitely interesting to see this unfold. As Ryan says, it's not the last we've seen of it.

wonder what finally surfaced that made them move now though...

I know an officer that was on the scene as soon as they found out, and has been part of the investigation. He said they knew on March 31st, 2009 that the son did it. It's just taken nearly four years to get enough to go get him.

From everything I've heard running around, I don't think it's over yet either. I think we will hear more on this before it's all over.

Agreed. Started to post that yesterday but backed off...