OK Richlanders...what's the scoop on the incident...

GMan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluefield (WVVA) - A local Pizza Plus store has just been discovered as the location of what appears to be a brutal double homicide in Claypool Hill, Virginia.

The individual opening the store this morning came upon the bodies of the two closing managers, a husband and wife couple, who were scheduled to close the store around 10:30 or 11 p.m. Sunday night.

It is reported that authorities are bringing in a helicopter and a K9 unit to aid in the search for any suspect that may still be in the area.

The bodies of the victims were found outside the store, and there has been no confirmed report on how the couple was killed.

Authorities are releasing very few details at this time, but WVVA is on the scene and will have a live report during the noon news broadcast.

http://www.bdtonline.com/breakingnews/local_story_089114459.html

Two found dead at Tazewell County pizza parlor

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

Staff reports

CLAYPOOL HILL, Va. — The Tazewell County Sheriff’s Department is currently on the scene of an apparent double homicide at the Pizza Plus restaurant at Claypool Hill, Va.

Two employees of the restaurant, a husband and wife, were found dead at 8:45 a.m. Monday morning by another co-worker, Tazewell County Sheriff H.S. Caudill said.

Caudill said the husband was found outside at the back of the restaurant, while the wife was discovered inside.

“I would consider it a homicide right now until we can rule otherwise,†Caudill said.

Names of the victims have not yet been released pending notification of family.

The two articles are conflicting. One says they were both found outside the store and the other says one outside and one inside.

I know who the two employees were, and if you ate at Pizza Plus any in the past few years I'm sure you would know the lady involved. Very, very sad news.

I'm guessing it was a shooting? I know it says no details were released, but does anybody know?

Wonder if it has anything to do with that gang crap goin on last week??

Edited by Fighton_3

The two articles are conflicting. One says they were both found outside the store and the other says one outside and one inside.

I know who the two employees were, and if you ate at Pizza Plus any in the past few years I'm sure you would know the lady involved. Very, very sad news.

I know them both well also. I have several friends who work there so I hang out there alot. Its very sad. The lady was inside and the husband was around back. I know that straight from a friend that works there.

I'm guessing it was a shooting? I know it says no details were released, but does anybody know?

Wonder if it has anything to do with that gang crap goin on last week??

The gang crap last week was a hoax...so I'm guessing it has nothing to do with it.

It hasn't been confirmed that it was a shooting... They haven't released the cause of death. The husband was found outside the back door. The wife was inside... but as it sounded to me... may have been in the doorway. The state police helicopter was there taking aerial photos of the crime scene. It was not gang related.

knife? robbery? whats the deal? anyone know the "unofficial" details?

The helicopter found a knife laying in the woods (That's some sophisticated equipment!) but the sheriff said it was in no way related to the crime.

The helicopter found a knife laying in the woods (That's some sophisticated equipment!) but the sheriff said it was in no way related to the crime.

Wow, that is sophisticated equipment...and odd that it was dismissed so suddenly.

Are schools in the area closed?

Basically what everyone else has already said...

BY JIM TALBERT

RICHLANDS NEWS PRESS

CLAYPOOL HILL, Va. – The bodies discovered early Monday at the Pizza Plus outside Richlands were those of a husband and wife who worked at the restaurant, the Tazewell County Sheriff’s Office said.

Deputies are still on the scene trying to determine what happened overnight.

Sheriff H.S. Caudill said a morning employee called 911 around 8:40 a.m. Monday saying two people were dead at the restaurant. The husband was found outside the building and the wife was near the door.

Other nightshift employees who left before closing Sunday night have been contacted and reported no problems at the restaurant, Caudill said.

A bloodhound brought to the scene was unable to find a scent to track, said the sheriff, noting that two of his deputies had eaten at Pizza Plus around 10 p.m. Sunday and reported nothing out of the ordinary.

The store was supposed to close at 11 p.m. and the two employees remaining were to complete cleanup and then lock up.

A helicopter was used Monday to videotape the scene, and a knife found in the woods above the store was old and not connected to the incident, Caudill said.

The bodies were to be removed later Monday afternoon and sent to Roanoke for an autopsy. Victim names will be released after next of kin are notified, the sheriff said.

Two dead at Tazewell County pizza parlor

Staff reports

CLAYPOOL HILL, Va. — A Virginia State Police helicopter took aerial photographs of the scene late Monday morning as investigators with the Tazewell County Sheriff’s Office continued their search for leads into a possible double homicide at the Pizza Plus restaurant in Claypool Hill, Va.

Two employees of the restaurant, a husband and wife, were found dead at 8:45 a.m. Monday morning by another co-worker, Tazewell County Sheriff H.S. Caudill said.

Officials identified the victims as Harvey Looney, 52, and Valerie Looney, 48, of the Bandy area of Tazewell County.

Caudill said Harvey Looney was found outside at the back of the restaurant, while Valerie Looney was discovered near the back door.

The employees were working last night, and were still on duty when other employees left the restaurant, Caudill said.

Caudill said two Tazewell County deputies, as well as several local residents, were at the restaurant last night having dinner around 10 p.m. The restaurant usually closes around 10 p.m. — or shortly after, if patrons are still eating.

The establishment closes, employees clear the restaurant and do inventory, Caudill said. Investigators are interviewing those at the restaurant last night for possible leads. A K-9 unit dog checked the scene, but did not find a trail, he said.

Caudill said the case is currently being investigated as a homicide until investigators “can rule otherwise.â€

For more on this story and other news, check out Tuesday’s Daily Telegraph.

That's horrific news. Very depressing to hear.

Those families are in my prayers tonight.

Guest JJBrickface

Terrible news.

No excuse whatsoever for something like this to happen. Just terrible.

No new news, pretty much the same stuff we have already heard.

This just shows the poor editing by wvva. Notice the way they spelled Looney and Bandy, VA.

Names released in reported double homicide at local Pizza Plus

Posted: March 30, 2009 11:29 AM

Bluefield (WVVA) - A local Pizza Plus store was the location of what appears to be a brutal double homicide in Claypool Hill, Virginia, and authorities have released the names of the purportedly murdered victims.

The employee opening the store this morning came upon the bodies of 48-year-old Valerie Looune and 52-year-old Harvey Looune. The married couple of Bandie, Va. was scheduled to close the store around 10:30 or 11 p.m. Sunday night.

Police believe the crime was committed and both victims died between 11:30 p.m. Sunday night and 7 a.m. Monday morning. Authorities have brought in a helicopter and a K9 unit to aid in the search for any suspect that may still be in the area.

One victim was found outside the store while the second body was still inside the business, and there has been no confirmed report on how the couple was killed or motive for the slaying.

Both bodies have been sent to the state medical examiner's office.

WVVA was live on the scene Monday afternoon and will have an updated report during WVVA News at 6 p.m.

i heard there may have been a sexual assault as well...if so maybe they will at least have some sort of physical evidence. Still have not heard how they were killed or with what...the news is saying it was a robbery now.