Greenberg headed to Arizona?

OJ Mayo did not choose USC. OJ Mayo did not choose Tim Floyd. OJ Mayo chose the lifestyle and publicity of that town, even he said that.

OJ chose to "follow the money"...dude got paid...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow.

In the span of less than 30 minutes, Miller has rejected and reportedly now accepted the offer. Who knows what is going on. My link has changed just in the last 5 minutes as well as the story.

How many times do I have to tell you...never doubt me...:D

BTW, he met with Livengood in Santa Fe, NM on Sunday night...Livengood made him an offer...Miller said "thanks but no thanks"...he woke up this morning in Cincinnati with a horse head in his bed...he then accepted an offer he couldn't refuse...

Once again, you are crying that I didn't give big ups to Hokie nation....what a surprise!

If you could read, I never said that he would go or they could lure him away. If I were Jay Wright, I'd rather stay where I'm at. I simply suggested him as a target. Why wouldn't you want him. He's an outstanding coach. He coaches in THE best conference in the nation and had a final four team this year.

Where is Arizona a better fit....oops why? I never said they were, again you assume and pretend I'm saying something. I simply brought up his name as I should have Millers. I did mention him for Kentucky and if Cal hadn't taken it, I wouldn't be surprised that he would get it. I only mentioned Wright because of his success and the fact that his stock keeps rising. Arizona would love to have a seasoned successful coach, but they may have to go to a rising star. Greenberg isn't a spring chicken and hasn't done wonderful great things. He has missed several opportunities in the past couple of seasons and this year may have been his best opportunities. He is losing a good bit of scoring. He has done a good job, but not good enough. The ACC has a great team in Carolina and some good teams that seem to be rising. Duke needs some more tools, Clemson needs a coach, WF needs everyone to not enter the draft, nc state needs some players, and we could go on and on. VT had a good season, nothing to hang their head, but if Greenberg can coach his team to victory in some of those many close games, then his achievement level is much higher and I might would agree with you.

I agree that maybe they look for someone with ties or even look at the interim head coach who knows. They have a good program and Lute Olson was a great coach, now they must rebuild in a sense with a new captain. I just don't think Greenberg is the man. If they hire him, you can say I told ya so.

So what they've won ONLY one championship and many tournament trips going more than first round outs. Many coaches would love that position. Who said the top 25 coaches are lining up for this job? Anyone anyone? I mentioned Jay Wright.....that is 24 less than you silly statement. You must have something against Arizona....don't know don't care, but geez chill out.

It must be a monthly thing with some of you, because for you to rant so senselessly on this topic is crazy.

Greenberg is staying put....sorry.

Umm....where did I mention Virginia Tech in this? Don't recall saying anything about Greenberg and where did I imply anything that you were disrespecting V.T. or Greenberg in this thread? I guess you are wanting to stir the pot like you have admitted to doing before. Otherwise, you wouldn't have typed out so much in your response

You said you believed Arizona was stupid and why not go after Jay Wright. That lead to my question of why would Jay Wright be a good fit for Arizona. Just asking for a little merit to that statement. Like I said, maybe Arizona is going to try to focus their efforts elsewhere where they feel they have a good shot at landing a guy. A simple statement. For most schools it's more than just sticking a named coach with a program, because most all programs are different.

Of course you are the one that thought that Knight would have been a good fit at UK and didn't offer anything to support that. Why or why not? Knight, at his age, is most likely looking for something at a smaller school, maybe even Division II I would think. Something where he wouldn't be in the spotlight so much and not be in a position to fight with the administration and/or their fans. That may be his "right job."

You're the one who is ranting endlessly about this and acting like the one with their panties in a wad.

Tail, it appears we are all just inferior and childish to fieldgeneral no matter what the subject is. Politics, sports, cooking, matters of the heart, advance underwater basket weaving, Wildebeest rearing, ect…..

OJ chose to "follow the money"...dude got paid...

USC's the dirtiest, shadiest program west of the Mississippi.

Not as bad as a John Calipari run team, but still reeks of indiscretion.

And O.J. wouldn't be the first Trojan to get paid...

Tail, it appears we are all just inferior and childish to fieldgeneral no matter what the subject is...Wildebeest rearing, ect…

I LOLed.

OJ Mayo did not choose USC. OJ Mayo did not choose Tim Floyd. OJ Mayo chose the lifestyle and publicity of that town, even he said that.

Even so, Arizona doesnt want that type of recruit. This year 18 out of 20 of the Final 4 starters were Juniors or Seniors. Arizona wants to win, not fill the stands and create hype like a 1 year NBA player would create. Arizona leads the PAC 10 in attendance with an average of 95% this year, a year with no Lute Olsen and a mediocre team, less than mediocre team for Zona.

They want to build another dynasty, and want a younger coach to do it.

Mayo may have liked the town lifestyle etc...blah blah but no matter how you spin it the school he chose as a leaping board was USC. I agree that he chose the school for other reasons than just the coach or it's prestige.

Arizona wants that type of recruit.....a star is what I am referring to. I know they don't want the glamour boys and those who are going to bounce...if you look I said that.

I agree that is what Zona wants, and I never said they wanted a one and done kind of guy, just players with that ability.

Tail, it appears we are all just inferior and childish to fieldgeneral no matter what the subject is. Politics, sports, cooking, matters of the heart, advance underwater basket weaving, Wildebeest rearing, ect…..

I never said childish or inferior, you just got pissy because I didn't praise Greenberg. Your sarcasm is pretty silly , but hey it's what I expect from you so I just smile and laugh at you.

when you having nothing left to say, you try this silly little boy stuff like above. If you have anything else you need to let me know feel free to send me a private message.

I never said childish or inferior, you just got pissy because I didn't praise Greenberg. Your sarcasm is pretty silly , but hey it's what I expect from you so I just smile and laugh at you.

when you having nothing left to say, you try this silly little boy stuff like above. If you have anything else you need to let me know feel free to send me a private message.

You're not Tail... o_o

You are wrong once again.

For the second time, I'm pretty sure I never said or even hinted anything about paying homage to V.T. or their basketball coach. Why do you keep bringing them up here?

Kind of funny when you use "can you read" and "geez" and "get over it." You call those things "childish" in some threads to try and degrade other posters for using them, but then you turn around and use them to attack someone else. I asked a simple question of offering a little more merit to an opinion and I get attacked. Sounds like you are the one that got pissy.

I'm not the one who is changing the subject here or using "childish" comments, so I guess you are the one who has nothing else to say and resorting to the "silly little boy" stuff.

You are wrong once again.

For the second time, I'm pretty sure I never said or even hinted anything about paying homage to V.T. or their basketball coach. Why do you keep bringing them up here?

Kind of funny when you use "can you read" and "geez" and "get over it." You call those things "childish" in some threads to try and degrade other posters for using them, but then you turn around and use them to attack someone else. I asked a simple question of offering a little more merit to an opinion and I get attacked. Sounds like you are the one that got pissy.

I'm not the one who is changing the subject here or using "childish" comments, so I guess you are the one who has nothing else to say and resorting to the "silly little boy" stuff.

You are quite fond of searching me out and "stirring the pot" as you like to say. I could say the sky is blue and you would ask for me to post something with some merit, which makes you look silly in many cases.

This all started with me saying Jay Wright deserved an offer of the job....I never said he would take it, just threw his name out there. It didn't need any merit as you may call it. I just threw his name out there because he has done a fantastic job, Arizona in my opinion would be a great job to step into especially if they keep some of their talented underclassmen. It would be a tough one as would Kentucky if success doesn't come fast. Nevertheless, Arizona is a great basketball school and I'm sure who ever takes it has a huge task but the same thing with Cal in Kentucky. Cal recruits well and so does the name of Kentucky, Arizona can do the same. I know Kentucky has a much more storied program, but Arizona is a staple in the NCAA tourney.

The thread was about Greenberg who is the coach at VPI...or Virginia Tech. That is how his name came about. You came back with this after I said Greenberg wasn't worthy of the offer.

What makes you think that Arizona would be able to lure Jay Wright away from Villanova? Jay Wright is the coach of a team that just went to the Final Four and plays in one of the top two conferences in the nation. Where is Arizona a better fit for him? Maybe Arizona is focusing it's efforts on someone that may have ties to the Wildcat family or that they know they have a realistic shot at landing.

Just because a job opens up at a school that has won one national title in it's basketball history, and that was twelve years ago, not every coach that has their team in the in top 25 in the county is lining up to interview for that job.

Once again, you have no merit to back up anything you throw out there.........

Sounds kinda pissy to me especially with the last few lines. Why else would you have been so pissy, unless you got mad that I said Greenberg wasn't worthy. Do you think he should get the job offer, do you think he has done a good enough job with the hokies to get the offer?

I agreed that maybe they would look for someone with ties, even their interim guy who did a decent job this year, but he may not be a good enough recruiter.

I'm not changing the subject, just going with your conversation that you started with the who throwing stuff out there w/o merit BS. I simply mentioned a coaches name who they might want to go after. I never thought or said he would go. I just thought maybe they thought they could lure him away ....maybe with money or coaching in an easier conference, who knows why some go where they go.

Anyway, you can deny or admit I could care less. You like to find a post of mine and try to discredit it. Unfortunately for you , those silly little antics didn't work for you because your argument went nowhere.

Anyway, if you have anything else to say feel free to send me a private message, otherwise you are trying to continue to do the same things that are silly. Sure, I give you crap for resorting to that kind of thing, and I'll give some back just to show you how silly you are being. I don't come and hunt you out, you do that, I just reply to your sillyness.

Paranoia strikes again.

Oh no, it's truth not paranoia. I don't live my life through this board like many do. I brush off the crap some sling and laugh. It's funny how "serious" some get.

Paranoia no.....truth yes.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
Oh no, it's truth not paranoia. I don't live my life through this board like many do. I brush off the crap some sling and laugh. It's funny how "serious" some get.

Paranoia no.....truth yes.

Now thats the joke of the day.

The fact that you think people "hunt you out" is hilarious. If you werent so extreme on every subject, as even your WVU comrades have pointed out, you wouldnt recieve the reponse you normally do.

You really don't realize how much you show you do care or how pissed you are over this by continuing to drag this out. Actions are speaking louder than words.

For the third time, I still didn't mention anything about V.T. or Greenberg in this thread. My question was about Jay Wright.

Why do you want this to go on in a private message? Afraid that you may say something to get someone else's feathers ruffled for the umpteenth time? I'm sure you haven't done that on here already in the last year and a half. You continue to sling around all kinds of garbage at people and then cry no foul when someone questions you about it.

Actually, you are the one who looks silly in the comments you make. There are plenty of people on here that have discredited a lot of your posts.

Now thats the joke of the day.

The fact that you think people "hunt you out" is hilarious. If you werent so extreme on every subject, as even your WVU comrades have pointed out, you wouldnt recieve the reponse you normally do.

Oh some do. Like in this case: nothing was said that needed the response that I got from 7695. I simply brought up Jay Wright as someone that Arizona may be interested....I didn't need to bring out a source, a link, is personal email address, or his wife's picture to show anything.

I simply said he might be someone they could be interested in based solely on his success in recent years. Arizona is a good basketball school and a job that a good coach may want if it was a step up. Arizona isn't a step up from Nova, just saying why wouldn't they want him. I figured they could throw tons of money at him and they have a championship and many trips to the tournament.

There was no need in that comment about merit. Once again , I don't care, it's just a fact.

So what if I'm extreme? It's a message board.....it's not written in stone. I put some things here for discussion, some controversial for debate, and some opinions. Some are just fun. I don't take any of you seriously for the most part, especially when we start the stuff that you guys do often.

If I say something EXTREME, then I expect some crazy stuff from you guys. I would think you were ill if you didn't. There was nothing extreme about Jay Wright comment.

You really don't realize how much you show you do care or how pissed you are over this by continuing to drag this out. Actions are speaking louder than words.

For the third time, I still didn't mention anything about V.T. or Greenberg in this thread. My question was about Jay Wright.

Why do you want this to go on in a private message? Afraid that you may say something to get someone else's feathers ruffled for the umpteenth time? I'm sure you haven't done that on here already in the last year and a half. You continue to sling around all kinds of garbage at people and then cry no foul when someone questions you about it.

Actually, you are the one who looks silly in the comments you make. There are plenty of people on here that have discredited a lot of your posts.

Wrong sir....the thread is about Greenberg......look and see! I've said time and time again what I said about Wright, no big deal.

I'm just clarifying for those of you that don't get it. I don't care, it gives me something to do from time to time. I can argue forever as you may know. Dude you drag it out as much as you started. You continued it as well so don't try that one.

Do tell what crap I slung when I said, "what about Jay Wright?" You sir got your panties in a bunch over it. I apologize if the Greenberg comment wasn't what got you all pissy. That was the only thing that I think of that would have got you to talk about my "merit."

I don't care, it gives me something to do from time to time. I can argue forever as you may know. Dude you drag it out as much as you started. You continued it as well so don't try that one.

Yeah, it is quite obvious that you don't care. That's why you are constantly arguing with someone about something.

Wrong sir....the thread is about Greenberg......look and see! I've said time and time again what I said about Wright, no big deal.

Wrong again. I see the thread is about about Greenberg, but you went on and on about the man saying he was a joke and for me to "get over it." For the fourth time, I never said anything about Greenberg in this thread. My question was about Jay Wright and why him to Arizona. You went on and on in a useless rant about Greenberg and how I'm a joke to you and you don't care.

I'm just clarifying for those of you that don't get it. I don't care, it gives me something to do from time to time. I can argue forever as you may know. Dude you drag it out as much as you started. You continued it as well so don't try that one.

Wrong again, you do care or else you wouldn't keep dragging this out and a couple of other recent posts from OTHER PEOPLE are saying the same thing to you.

Do tell what crap I slung

In this thread?

Once again, you are crying that I didn't give big ups to Hokie nation

If you could read

It must be a monthly thing with some of you

Looks like slinging crap to me. I won't bring up any other threads that YOU have brought on your so called "hunted attacks."

You sir got your panties in a bunch over it. I apologize if the Greenberg comment wasn't what got you all pissy. That was the only thing that I think of that would have got you to talk about my "merit."

Hmm.....let me see......my question was pretty direct and to the point "Why would Jay Wright be a good fit at Arizona?" You turn it into a useless rant about being "pissy" about something else and made it the something else.

Edited by bhs7695

Wrong again. I see the thread is about about Greenberg, but you went on and on about the man saying he was a joke and for me to "get over it." For the fourth time, I never said anything about Greenberg in this thread. My question was about Jay Wright and why him to Arizona. You went on and on in a useless rant about Greenberg and how I'm a joke to you and you don't care.

Wrong again, you do care or else you wouldn't keep dragging this out and a couple of other recent posts from OTHER PEOPLE are saying the same thing to you.

In this thread?

Looks like slinging crap to me. I won't bring up any other threads that YOU have brought on your so called "hunted attacks."

Hmm.....let me see......my question was pretty direct and to the point "Why would Jay Wright be a good fit at Arizona?" You turn it into a useless rant about being "pissy" about something else and made it the something else.

Well little buddy I'm sorry I hurt your feelings yet again. You started the crap slinging with the whole Merit thing out of the blue.

You deserved anything you got.

Why do I need to defend why I said Wright as a possibility? There was no need in the merit BS, and no need to defend what I said.

It was a simple maybe Jay Wright....THAT'S IT!

Maybe I jumped the gun on why you posted the merit BS, but do tell me why. Maybe you jumped the gun. Which in turn caused me to give you a little crap and on it went.

Nevertheless, you're always right and everyone who disagrees w/ you is always wrong.

The topic is dead anyway, Miller has signed.

Enjoy Greenberg at VPI.

Yeah, it is quite obvious that you don't care. That's why you are constantly arguing with someone about something.

Just replying to his comments and you don't have to read it if you don't want. No offense, but this is a message board, a place for discussion and debate and information. Please GOD forgive me for hurting some feelings or annoying someone.....once again, I don't care.

BigBlue, not a shot at you just summing it up as far as caring.