Swine Flu Info.. Check these links out!!

porchy

3 people up around the balitmore area have been confirmed to have the Swine Flu

It's some creepy stuff, that's for sure

The Mexicans have been getting creative with their flu-masks... I guess this one is called "Dirty-Sanchez"

mask.jpg

Edited by bluefieldRocks

I love the pic. I figure that there were more cases of flu at any high school this year than have been reported with the swine flu.

Am I worried? No I just ordered a barbecue dinner from the Tazewell HS softball team. Pork fat rules ;)

Two quick things...

1- The one death reported in the US was a young girl from Mexico who had traveled here with her parents...no US citizens have died from this flu.

2- The WTO has decided to no longer call it "swine" flu due to the unnecessary slaughter of pigs in Egypt. They will now refer to it by its technical scientific name, H1N1 influenza A.

Geezers like me have been through this before. It is still media hype more than epidemic.

Yep, I remember getting the shot back when I was a kid...mass hysteria, long lines to get the shot. I don't think many in the U.S. died from it back then either...

If memory serves me, more folks died of the vaccine than the disease.

Yep, I remember getting the shot back when I was a kid...mass hysteria, long lines to get the shot. I don't think many in the U.S. died from it back then either...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Supposedly there are some cases in Morgantown of the swine flu.

Some of my professors have mentioned plans for IF the governor or the President may shut down the school in fear of this "epidemic." They seem to think it is a possibility for schools to be closed, and the CDC recommends it if you have a confirmed case at the school.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
I plan on cooking my ham and eggs for breakfast this weekend with a side of bacon and a side a sausage.

BACON RULES!!!!

I love the pic. I figure that there were more cases of flu at any high school this year than have been reported with the swine flu.

Am I worried? No I just ordered a barbecue dinner from the Tazewell HS softball team. Pork fat rules ;)

Even though Im sure you all arent worried, you cant get Swine Flu from eating pork products.

But if you touch a pig, you may be in trouble. And I mean since the majority of the country touches pigs every day, watch out! This pandemic may be moved to level 6!

Supposedly there are some cases in Morgantown of the swine flu.

Some of my professors have mentioned plans for IF the governor or the President may shut down the school in fear of this "epidemic." They seem to think it is a possibility for schools to be closed, and the CDC recommends it if you have a confirmed case at the school.

That's not good. We have so many people that go here that go to Morgantown all the time....

Being well aware of the hows and whys of the transmission of the disease, it is just fun to take a few shots at our hyper, fear mongering media. As of this morning, there are 183 confirmed cases nationwide, it is not yet time to panic.

Being well aware of the hows and whys of the transmission of the disease, it is just fun to take a few shots at our hyper, fear mongering media. As of this morning, there are 183 confirmed cases nationwide, it is not yet time to panic.

And they are saying a "worst case scenario" of 1,700 cases in four weeks...we're all going to die!!! :rolleyes: