Saunders leaves Shelby Valley

gridironguru

lol. those folks from Gretna think they're going to tell saunders what he is going to run. The community must not know this guy's attitude very well. lol. Don't get me wrong this guy knows his football and hopefully he will coach gretna's team not to depend on it athlete's to win games for them. From what I have seen the O just snaps the ball to a very good athlete and he runs around to he finds a lane. Very good O linemen in front of them but you can tell they are not coached. Just an opinion of mine. I do feel like saunders will fix a lot of this quick and gretna will dominate games more than ever as long as they keep this run of good athletes coming through. We be very well coached teams.

lol. those folks from Gretna think they're going to tell saunders what he is going to run. The community must not know this guy's attitude very well. lol. Don't get me wrong this guy knows his football and hopefully he will coach gretna's team not to depend on it athlete's to win games for them. From what I have seen the O just snaps the ball to a very good athlete and he runs around to he finds a lane. Very good O linemen in front of them but you can tell they are not coached. Just an opinion of mine.

WOW! How can you argue with success??? Gretna has been as dominant as any team in the state of VA over the last several years by having tremendous talent AND being very well coached. You obviously don't know much about football. BTW...how many state champions has Saunders coached??? If he doesn't listen to the "hometown" folks, he'll be run out of Gretna in no time...not just an opinion, but fact. I don't see him staying there long anyway...the guy can't seem to "settle down" anywhere and "drama" always seem to follow him around...

just saying if you take two gretna teams one with previous coaches and the other with saunders i feel like the saunders coached team will win. I feel that gretna has relied on the athletes to make the plays instead of the coaches play book to make the plays. I think with that coaching style any coach could have won state titles there, and saunders will win more i think.

just saying if you take two gretna teams one with previous coaches and the other with saunders i feel like the saunders coached team will win. I feel that gretna has relied on the athletes to make the plays instead of the coaches play book to make the plays. I think with that coaching style any coach could have won state titles there, and saunders will win more i think.

Lets see, two coaches who had 28-0 runs in Sensensey and Thurman against a guy who couldn't win at JJ Kelly or Shelby Valley. Saunders sure is the better coach. You must be Kevin posting under another name. To me if Saunders doesn't win EVERY game while he still has Nick Miller, this hire will be a failure. And I have a feeling he won't.

from what i have heard, the reason these guys keep leaving gretna is that the students are not showing up for school as soon as football is over and causing many problems in the school. the reason for him is to have someone in charge of the players to bring back a little control of them. Although who is going to control saunders? as for the other part he didn't have those athletes at kelly or shelby valley you will see a difference there. i am almost certain.

and we see how sensensey is doing at William Fleming. they have looked like crap but were better this past year. don't think he is as good as you think he is. time will tell on thurman at Va high.

from what i have heard, the reason these guys keep leaving gretna is that the students are not showing up for school as soon as football is over and causing many problems in the school. the reason for him is to have someone in charge of the players to bring back a little control of them. Although who is going to control saunders? as for the other part he didn't have those athletes at kelly or shelby valley you will see a difference there. i am almost certain.

Yeah, and I am sure they are going to listen to him........And by the way, he did have those athletes at William Campbell, and he never won a state title there. He will not be able to get out of his own way.

and the guy is an arrogant tool. He will never win anything because he is just too arrogant to listen to anyone. He thinks he is gods gift to football and he knows everything about it. Well Kevin you don't buddy. And I'm sure he will fit right in at Gretna letting his players showboat all over the field like they always do. I just began to root harder against Gretna because of the tool they hired as head coach!