Hogoheegee

kellyrae2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would love to see holston win the district.... but the thread asked an openion and i gave mine. its always g-dubs until someone else takes it... last year g wythe wasnt that good but still was good enough to take the hogoheegee

"would love to see holston win the district.... but the thread asked an openion and i gave mine. its always g-dubs until someone else takes it... last year g wythe wasnt that good but still was good enough to take the hogoheegee"

I agree GW has the mental edge in the Hogo. It has been very hard for Chilhowie to beat GW, you could argue Chil has had the better teams the last 3 years but still no victories over GW, and I think it will be difficult for Holston to beat Chilhowie and GW, even though on paper they might be a little better.

GW was a pretty good team last year and they got much better as the season wore on. Remember they did lose to Floyd by only 1 point twice and if they would've beaten Floyd in the playoffs I think they would've made it to the state title game. They had one of the best passing attacks in the area and there line and backs made tremendous progression throughout the year. So I think it is unfair to say GW was not that good last year, they had a talented team.

would love to see holston win the district.... but the thread asked an openion and i gave mine. its always g-dubs until someone else takes it... last year g wythe wasnt that good but still was good enough to take the hogoheegee

I agree GW has the mental edge in the Hogo. It has been very hard for Chilhowie to beat GW, you could argue Chil has had the better teams the last 3 years but still no victories over GW, and I think it will be difficult for Holston to beat Chilhowie and GW, even though on paper they might be a little better.

GW was a pretty good team last year and they got much better as the season wore on. Remember they did lose to Floyd by only 1 point twice and if they would've beaten Floyd in the playoffs I think they would've made it to the state title game. They had one of the best passing attacks in the area and there line and backs made tremendous progression throughout the year. So I think it is unfair to say GW was not that good last year, they had a talented team.

I really dont think it was just GW not that good but both Region C and D were both down last year and probably will be this year too. If everything goes the way I think it will the D2 State title is going to Region A this year. Essex returns almost all their team that lost a thriller to Gretna in the semis last year. I really hope Region D can prove me wrong and if not D then hopefully Region C. As for Division 1 I have no clue who the early favorite is.

nah,gw won't be much this year..a buddy from up there laughed when i ask him about the team..to many holes to fill..last year they should have went to the play-offs..chilhowie isn't great either but may be alil better than gw..i just worry holston will have a good team but will play sum weak teams and get the big head..we know what that leads to..but matlock seems to really get them focused so we will see.

nah,gw won't be much this year..a buddy from up there laughed when i ask him about the team..to many holes to fill..last year they should have went to the play-offs..chilhowie isn't great either but may be alil better than gw..i just worry holston will have a good team but will play sum weak teams and get the big head..we know what that leads to..but matlock seems to really get them focused so we will see.

If Holston makes the state semis and play Clintwood I will pull for Clintwood but if they face JI Burton then I will be Holston all the way!

We did go to the playoffs. Lost to Floyd by 1 in the last minute!

To say we weren't a good team, you guys must be crazy. I think it is funny that people say Holston was good last year, and they were, but then some of the same people say GW wasn't good last year? Yes we were 6-5, Chilhowie was 10-2 (am I correct) Holston was 10-3 or something along those lines! Records don't tell the whole story! Records don't tell about the 31-13 thrashing we gave Holston! Records don't tell about us beating Chilhowie on their home turf 23-21. You guys just see 5 losses, and call them average. Losses were against Tazewell, Floyd (State Runner ups) twice by 1 point each; once in OT and the other with less than a minute to go on gutsy 2pt conversion calls; Giles, who I know Chilhowie handled, but it was a disastrous game, and I think we could have beat them later in the season. And the last loss was to Radford. There is no doubt in my mind that Holston would have lost to all of those teams by 20+. And don't even play the #s game with me!

we did go to the playoffs. Lost to floyd by 1 in the last minute!

To say we weren't a good team, you guys must be crazy. I think it is funny that people say holston was good last year, and they were, but then some of the same people say gw wasn't good last year? Yes we were 6-5, chilhowie was 10-2 (am i correct) holston was 10-3 or something along those lines! Records don't tell the whole story! Records don't tell about the 31-13 thrashing we gave holston! Records don't tell about us beating chilhowie on their home turf 23-21. You guys just see 5 losses, and call them average. Losses were against tazewell, floyd (state runner ups) twice by 1 point each; once in ot and the other with less than a minute to go on gutsy 2pt conversion calls; giles, who i know chilhowie handled, but it was a disastrous game, and i think we could have beat them later in the season. And the last loss was to radford. There is no doubt in my mind that holston would have lost to all of those teams by 20+. And don't even play the #s game with me!

tazewell was not state runner up, region runner up. Richlands beat tazewell for the regional championship.

this might be the only thing we agree on all year. the district is holston's to lose. i would typically say gw all the way but holston has the most talent in the district-hands down. go cavs!

holston beats ph one every 20 but done it last year and will do it again this year

I dont think it will happen again this year, and also, better enjoy this season, because it will be the last thing Holston fans will have to cheer about for a long, long time

If Holston makes the state semis and play Clintwood I will pull for Clintwood but if they face JI Burton then I will be Holston all the way!

Norton will no longer be a factor in Region D. Everyone will find out why later today.

I dont think it will happen again this year, and also, better enjoy this season, because it will be the last thing Holston fans will have to cheer about for a long, long time

i think holston is building something special over there. we could be looking at a powerhouse for years in the hogoheegee. with matlock leading the cavs anything is possible.

i think holston is building something special over there. we could be looking at a powerhouse for years in the hogoheegee. with matlock leading the cavs anything is possible.

No. After this year, Holston will go back to its normal days. Did they even have a JV team?

Southbound...you should go ahead and move over there.

most people from abingdon are happy for them. you should be pulling for your neighbors falconfan1. they are not in the swd-you can actually cheer for them in the hogoheegee-who are you going to cheer for in that district? chilhowie

see.even birds peck at each other..i see macaroon came to life..glad to see wythe county still remembers last yr..but it's 09 not 08..rebel,you might have a few good players but as a team..u got along way to go..the coach won't be there in 2 yrs.