Bdd basketball???

honakertigers3

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When im wrong I admit to my wrong doings. In this case I was wrong. but in my humble opinion he is overbearing sometimes. And the BDD is one if not the best district west of Roanoke because of great players and fans alike.

Man you cant say anything about anyone on here unless its good I mean come guys these are only opinions and thats it. and this is mine except unlike most of you that cant see that the MJ and KOBE thing was just a example of players that give it there all and yes I can see were he's coming from with this , think about this you have great player in KOBE, AND MJ at a larger stage in the game but do you think they played the way smith does to get to the nba , and for the guy that says smith is the best at his postion in the state no its not his exact words but might as wel have been , hes not ! now maybe in a single A but come on !! when you get into a 2A,3A,4A school you come across some top notch basketball players D1 prospects wich josh is not he will play in some small school but not D1 .

And for all the hatters listen to this basketball isnt meant to a battle of muscle , if you put 5 players on the floor that all look like line backers and dont have it up stairs you wont win to many games if any its a 80% thinking and 20% muscle and you guys that are young wont belive it now but some day you will I mean I didnt years ago but I see it now more than ever, and as far as josh giving it 100% he does know question about it but sometime he does alot of things that he shouldnt and wont get by with in the next stage of the game , I promise ! and as for heart there isnt a kid right now in the BDD that can compare to tyler cooper , oh ya here comes I dont know what Im talking about think about this how many of the players in thee BDD now or 20 years ago have ever played basketball in the BDD with a broken neck, this kid plays every game with pins in his body just he can do something he loves , dont get me wrong he has a bad adittude at times and I hope for his sake he will grow out of it. I watched him and josh smith go at it twice last year and it was a brawl ? why do refs let it go on it only takes from the game as they get older because they will not get by with all the cheap stuff after high school. and for every player you guys say is os good I can point out more than 3 things that can make him better if he learns to play ball the right way without all the fest brawls ,elbow throwing adittude, and at my age these kids would not stand a chance against a team of my age (40) thats right you learn how to play the game just before you learn you have to give it up and thats the truth , and as far as the other thing about TV getting away with what ever at home that is also true , Now you TV loyals what say its so but it is and has been for about 4-5 years .

but maybe just maybe you have earn that right after all the state trips to richmond right ? WRONG !!! you havent done anything except make it to the final game one time (chocked) and back to the final 4 a few time if you want to talk that lets give the cobras a few games at home and on the road like that this year and they win the BDD even without TOE after all they have a title to be proud of and as many state trips as TV right? we can talk smack all day and night it wont change the way thee BDD goes this year, and it will be very close it could be down to the wire on about every game played this year in the BDD, but if you look at a team in whole you better look at HONAKER ! top to bottom they may have lost a good player in HALL but they have a good team with a bench so heres my picks HONAKER, HURLEY TV, THE COBRAS, AND THEN HAYSI. ONE AND TWO COULD FLIP FLOP. good luck to all teams hope for a healthy year but lets get past the footbal season first.

As Rebel fans you all should be talking about football! If Healthy Hurley has a chance and should and I hope that they do win the district. Looks like Hubbard and Colley better not print the battle for the BDD Annual T-Shirt this year!!!!

Listen Manning aka Colts 18. No one ever said Smith is the best player at his position. All I'm saying is this, he gets the most out of what he has, he works hard, he practices hard and plays hard. Sick, Hurt... doesn't matter. Hurley and Twin Valley like any team play to what the refs allow. If it's physical it's physical. I think last year the refs let the 1st half get out of hand and then called too tightly down the stretch in the 2nd half and fouled people out. I just hope that Hurley puts on another MMA fight in the stands this year and the guy goes Hulkamania and rips his shirt off at center court again! That was the best part of TV Hurley.

And if Hurley is ever going to make it to a championship game you better learn to spell Choked, C-h-o-c-K-e-d and my money is on you can't find Richmond on a map lol let alone make it to Richmond!

Council's glory days graduated and transferred and retired. Rick Goodman is making his appearances now in Girls Varsity. Dave Rasnake retired, and the 01 team graduated. Ben Jackson is a good Coach at Council but the #'s game is about to catch up to Council.

I think that it will be Twin Valley 1, Hurley 2, Waylon and just the good ole boys of Honaker 3rd, Council 4th and Haysi in the cellar. But I don't think anyone will go undefeated and 3-5 could be settled with a coin flip!

As Rebel fans you all should be talking about football! If Healthy Hurley has a chance and should and I hope that they do win the district. Looks like Hubbard and Colley better not print the battle for the BDD Annual T-Shirt this year!!!!

Listen Manning aka Colts 18. No one ever said Smith is the best player at his position. All I'm saying is this, he gets the most out of what he has, he works hard, he practices hard and plays hard. Sick, Hurt... doesn't matter. Hurley and Twin Valley like any team play to what the refs allow. If it's physical it's physical. I think last year the refs let the 1st half get out of hand and then called too tightly down the stretch in the 2nd half and fouled people out. I just hope that Hurley puts on another MMA fight in the stands this year and the guy goes Hulkamania and rips his shirt off at center court again! That was the best part of TV Hurley.

And if Hurley is ever going to make it to a championship game you better learn to spell Choked, C-h-o-c-K-e-d and my money is on you can't find Richmond on a map lol let alone make it to Richmond!

Council's glory days graduated and transferred and retired. Rick Goodman is making his appearances now in Girls Varsity. Dave Rasnake retired, and the 01 team graduated. Ben Jackson is a good Coach at Council but the #'s game is about to catch up to Council.

I think that it will be Twin Valley 1, Hurley 2, Waylon and just the good ole boys of Honaker 3rd, Council 4th and Haysi in the cellar. But I don't think anyone will go undefeated and 3-5 could be settled with a coin flip!

I agree with you all the way Lucas at least thats who I figure you are, but dont down his spelling sometimes ppl get excited and misspell things I do all the time. lol

• 3 weeks later...

ok...i hate to tell everyone...but you can't measure someones heart...who says that someone else wouldn't play with all those problems...i mean, just because someone has to fight through them things doesn't mean they have more heart than the next person...i know players that were just better than other guys, and just because it came easy for them means that they don't have heart??...come on now...and uh, whoever said that about twin valley getting calls at home...obviously has never been over there much...lol...i see questionable calls everywhere i go...if twin valley was losing and someone else was on top for the past five years they'd be getting the calls at home...lol...this is crazy...and whoever said that whiteflight is lucas...ur not alone..thats what i was thinking...haha

sorry for my longtime no posts....I have seen all these teams in camp this year. Hurley will be good, but they are being built up way to much! Honaker is very under-rated. They are quietly going to be fighting for the number 1 spot of the district this year. Council has nothing inside, and are very very slow, them and Haysi who just has Flemming should be battling for the 4 spot. TV are the veterans, with only 4 or 5 returning from 3 straight district titles, 2 or 3 tourney titles, and state runs. They have leaders in Smith and Shortridge. But will need help if they want to make another run. Honake in my opinion will be battling with TV for the #1 spot. I agree in that no team will go undefeated though. Hurley's time COULD be the future, if they will quit building themselves up and just play ball. They have talent but need to pull it together, should be a very interesting season!

I know a few of the players from TV, and losing horne will hurt them, but I think Viers will step up and help get the ball down the floor. He isnt near as quick as horne, but will be a very vital key to the panthers' success. Hurley is pretty good, but I agree, they need to just play the season. Haysi and Council will struggle this year. But Honaker really will be a tough team to stop. They have alot of athleticism, and alot of natural talent. Good luck to all teams on an exciting and safe BDD season!

from what i hear twin valley has a few players this year that no one knows about...no one big time...but a few that can help out especially on the boards and defense...but no one will go undefeated in the bdd this year...which makes it more excitng for the fans...should be interesting

sorry for my longtime no posts....I have seen all these teams in camp this year. Hurley will be good, but they are being built up way to much! Honaker is very under-rated. They are quietly going to be fighting for the number 1 spot of the district this year. Council has nothing inside, and are very very slow, them and Haysi who just has Flemming should be battling for the 4 spot. TV are the veterans, with only 4 or 5 returning from 3 straight district titles, 2 or 3 tourney titles, and state runs. They have leaders in Smith and Shortridge. But will need help if they want to make another run. Honake in my opinion will be battling with TV for the #1 spot. I agree in that no team will go undefeated though. Hurley's time COULD be the future, if they will quit building themselves up and just play ball. They have talent but need to pull it together, should be a very interesting season!

I actually think it is 5 or 6 straight regular season titles.

Edited by nolepanther

• 2 weeks later...

its 5 straight guys.. 5.. yea.. never been done before in the BDD... and this year will be 6.. nobody in the BDD can play with twin valley... granted hurley gave them a good game in the bdd tourney last year.. but my god they should've that was the 4th time they'd played.. and in all honesty i wouldnt count out honaker for 2nd in front of hurley.. they still have ethan davis who can shoot lights out, and idk if chaz miller is gonna play this year or not, but either way i think they'll give an overated hurley team a run for their money.. and im not saying hurley is a bad team but they arent what they and everyone else says they are, first off their too arrogant and have nothing to be arrogant about, Waynick is bout the only one on the team who ive never noticed talkin smack to other players, not saying he doesnt but i havnt saw it, cuz he obviously does in football haha.. anyone at the tv vs. hurley football game knows what im sayin

its 5 straight guys.. 5.. yea.. never been done before in the BDD... and this year will be 6.. nobody in the BDD can play with twin valley... granted hurley gave them a good game in the bdd tourney last year.. but my god they should've that was the 4th time they'd played.. and in all honesty i wouldnt count out honaker for 2nd in front of hurley.. they still have ethan davis who can shoot lights out, and idk if chaz miller is gonna play this year or not, but either way i think they'll give an overated hurley team a run for their money.. and im not saying hurley is a bad team but they arent what they and everyone else says they are, first off their too arrogant and have nothing to be arrogant about, Waynick is bout the only one on the team who ive never noticed talkin smack to other players, not saying he doesnt but i havnt saw it, cuz he obviously does in football haha.. anyone at the tv vs. hurley football game knows what im sayin

I don't know what happen in that game but that is the first time I've ever saw him lose his cool. I've been watching him since he was in 4th. grade and he has always been respectful of other players on the football field. I don't know about b-ball, I haven't watched too many of his games but I would say you are right about him not talking "smack".

I don't know what happen in that game but that is the first time I've ever saw him lose his cool. I've been watching him since he was in 4th. grade and he has always been respectful of other players on the football field. I don't know about b-ball, I haven't watched too many of his games but I would say you are right about him not talking "smack".

Yeah Waynick is prob one of the most mild tempered respectful kids out there, either the refs got to him or he just got caught up in the heat of the moment.

Yeah Waynick is prob one of the most mild tempered respectful kids out there, either the refs got to him or he just got caught up in the heat of the moment.
I heard the reason he was mad is becasue one of TV's coaches got up in his face and said "thats alright we are goona beat your a$$ in B-ball" Thats what Waynick told someone that ask him about the situation. Anyway I know this kid and he would never disrespect anyone som somebody had to do something. I guess thats all they had to say when the score is 54-6. Waynick should have ignored them and went on back to the huddle. All he did was catch a 70 yard touchdown on the next play.....lol

yeah he punched someone because a coach said something to him??...ok...your right he did come back and catch the pass...then caught another one, the last one i think, to put them up 54 to 6....and raised his hands up right in front of the player like it was the game winner...if he is so cool and collected why couldn't he score and act like he had been there before...cause he had...a couple times that night already....very classy

yeah he punched someone because a coach said something to him??...ok...your right he did come back and catch the pass...then caught another one, the last one i think, to put them up 54 to 6....and raised his hands up right in front of the player like it was the game winner...if he is so cool and collected why couldn't he score and act like he had been there before...cause he had...a couple times that night already....very classy
He touched the ball 2 times and one was a TD and the other was 2 pts. Its also very classy of a coach to say " We will beat your a$$ is b-ball". this same coach is the JV b-ball coach. you shoul never get into an altercation with a player if you are a coach . You should be the adult. they said the coaches was talking smack all night to the players. By him holding his hands up in the air after he scores you say that is not classy. He is just being a competitor adn him and viers was jawing at each other all night. he was jsut letting him know who won the battle. Just remember this was his first year of playing football.....By the way Robbie rife score the last TD. He is a lineman. Waynice scored the 2nd TD to make it 16-6.......

I was keeping stats on the sideline for TV, rest assured that nobody and I do mean nobody said anything to the hurley kid when he punched our QB in the throat . The coach that you are talking about was at the bench trying to fix a kids shoulder pads and I am sure that he didn't say anything at that time. He may have said something later, but he didn't at that time, I know, I was right there when it happened.

By the way why was Hurley passing the ball late with a 40+ point lead? I guess somebody on here will find reason to say that it was o.k. to do that, the guy did what he did and it is over why are we even talking about this