Bdd basketball???

honakertigers3

Any thoughts on the upcoming BDD basketball season? I know it is a while away, but I enjoy the preseason analysis of these teams and players. It should be a pretty terrific season, alot of the teams are even. Hurley will be tough with the coopers returning and waynick. Haysi may struggle, but they didnt lose much at all, and Flemming is tough to stop. Council lost Toe, which was the majority of their offense, but they can shoot the lights out. Twin Valley lost alot from back to back final fours, but return 2 of their top 3 scorers in Smith and Shortridge, both are rediculous players by the way, but are going to need help to make noise, I heard that Smith lost some weight and Shortridge gained some....interesting. And my tigers, they lost Hall which will hurt, but they have a young team along with hurley, so it should be interesting, these are opinions, any other thoughts??? and who will win the district??

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll get in this convo with ya...hurley will be good...and compete with tv...but i think twin valley will pull it out one more year...they won't go undefeated in the bdd or anything like that...maybe even have a couple of losses...but i think they will pull it out...should be very competitive though...

I agree in that Hurley will make some noise, and possibly TV will not go undefeated. But I saw TV play in camp and other than the two big namers, they look rough. Shortridge was hurt though. So you never know who may jump up and bite them, maybe honaker haha

I agree in that Hurley will make some noise, and possibly TV will not go undefeated. But I saw TV play in camp and other than the two big namers, they look rough. Shortridge was hurt though. So you never know who may jump up and bite them, maybe honaker haha

Hurley and and Honaker will be the battling for first as long as Twin Valley dont get away with Murder at home like they do every year...

haha..thats hillarious that you think twin valley gets away with murder...when half the time hurley players fall down and flop and get calls when no one from tv touches them....twin valley will be nothing like they have been in the past...but they have some kids that can be role players...they prob won't outscore anyone like in the past years...with all that said...they also need to make sure they leave their ego at the door before the first day of practice...they'll have a rough road ahead of them if they want to win it...but i think they can do it...

smith plays physical therefore he gets pushed and when he gets pushed id say he might push back...the games i seen last year whenever bows were being thrown they were being thrown by both sides...lol

I agree... both teams were in the turny. but I have watched smith against other teams and he is that way... he is physical, but man somtimes he is over bearing with elbows.

you can say what you want. you can put smith down. you can talk about how "dirty" he plays. and i can tell its all a bunch of crap! the boy plays with heart and enthusiasm that no one in the state of virginia can match. He is a winner and will do anything it takes to win! Period! so keep talking about him and i assure you that he is just going to bring it even more each and every game!

you can say what you want. you can put smith down. you can talk about how "dirty" he plays. and i can tell its all a bunch of crap! the boy plays with heart and enthusiasm that no one in the state of virginia can match. He is a winner and will do anything it takes to win! Period! so keep talking about him and i assure you that he is just going to bring it even more each and every game!

. I applaud him on his physical play, but he takes it over bored. Plus his freshman season at Hurley he was caught on film flipping some hurley fans the bird, but hurley got murderd so none of the coaches pushed it from hurley. And yes he may be a fine kid, but he is a punk on the court. And befor you go off the deep end he does play with heart, and he gives more effort than any kid I have ever seen, but he dosent have composure when he is faced with any type of adversity (ex. someone throwing elbows just like he does)

. I applaud him on his physical play, but he takes it over bored. Plus his freshman season at Hurley he was caught on film flipping some hurley fans the bird, but hurley got murderd so none of the coaches pushed it from hurley. And yes he may be a fine kid, but he is a punk on the court. And befor you go off the deep end he does play with heart, and he gives more effort than any kid I have ever seen, but he dosent have composure when he is faced with any type of adversity (ex. someone throwing elbows just like he does)

Your saying that he should play with less heart and try less because when he gives it his all he is too physical for the "hurley" players. thats understandable. if i were from hurley i would probably be saying the same thing. His style of play is encourage by his size. He is undersized against anybody he is playing against but when it is all said and done he is the bigger man. he may push and shove but he doesnt loose his composure. he will be just as good on the next play unlike the other kids that are usually whining and complaining

haha I never said he should play with less heart, but does kobe throw elbows? Did Jordan?... so your saying becasue they wasent a dirty player that they dont play with heart?

was kobe or jordan an undersized post player? i dont think so. they are guards and they play a totally different game. not even close to being a good comparison. And he don’t intentionally throw elbows he uses them to his advantage like all players should. There is a defference!

was kobe or jordan an undersized post player? i dont think so. they are guards and they play a totally different game. not even close to being a good comparison. And he don’t intentionally throw elbows he uses them to his advantage like all players should. There is a defference!

im tired of argueing about this. but he plays cheap end of story. And on behalf of the comparison it was a reference of their attitude on the court a$$hole. and your right bad comparison becasue smith never will have that ability or skill.

no one around here will ever have the skill of MJ or Kobe so not make it sound like smith is the only one that dosent....i think myself smith could out play any post playing in the state....not saying he has the best skills in the state....but comes down to doing the work he could out work anyone

no one around here will ever have the skill of MJ or Kobe so not make it sound like smith is the only one that dosent....i think myself smith could out play any post playing in the state....not saying he has the best skills in the state....but comes down to doing the work he could out work anyone

ok

• 2 weeks later...

Mapper KOBE elbowed Ron Artest in the throat and he hit Raja Bell from Phoenix til he retaliated and got suspended. Jordan was the most competitive person to ever lace em up. You think that Jordan didn't bow someone haha come on now. It's called a weight room Josh Smith lives in it. Kids can only play the game that their allowed to. The officials were scared of Moore and Cooper last year and the game got way out of hand and then c alled it too tight down the stretch in the Tournament. Hurley's young and hungry, and The Valley's the old cagey veteran on the top of the hill. Honaker and Council are darkhorses. This is what makes the BDD great. It'll be a coin flip year for 3rd place back. I think Twin Valley wins the district, Hurley 2nd, Honaker 3rd, Council 4th, and Haysi in the cellar.

Edited by WhiteFlight20

Mapper KOBE elbowed Ron Artest in the throat and he hit Raja Bell from Phoenix til he retaliated and got suspended. Jordan was the most competitive person to ever lace em up. You think that Jordan didn't bow someone haha come on now. It's called a weight room Josh Smith lives in it. Kids can only play the game that their allowed to. The officials were scared of Moore and Cooper last year and the game got way out of hand and then c alled it too tight down the stretch in the Tournament. Hurley's young and hungry, and The Valley's the old cagey veteran on the top of the hill. Honaker and Council are darkhorses. This is what makes the BDD great. It'll be a coin flip year for 3rd place back. I think Twin Valley wins the district, Hurley 2nd, Honaker 3rd, Council 4th, and Haysi in the cellar.

When im wrong I admit to my wrong doings. In this case I was wrong. but in my humble opinion he is overbearing sometimes. And the BDD is one if not the best district west of Roanoke because of great players and fans alike.

What's Council going to have this year?

not puttin anyone down, but prolly battling with Haysi to keep from finishing last. BUT they could shoot the lights out of the ball last year and if they can do that this year without their all star Center who graduated last year then they may be a sleeper.

not puttin anyone down, but prolly battling with Haysi to keep from finishing last. BUT they could shoot the lights out of the ball last year and if they can do that this year without their all star Center who graduated last year then they may be a sleeper.

I thought everyone was returning for Council except for the center.