Richlands Offense

applebarn

So what are the opinions?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. So what are the opinions?

• Should Richlands stick with the Spread?
    • Should Richlands go back to Smash Mouth Football?
    • Should Richlands go Multiple sets and play best of both worlds Smash Mouth and Spread combined?

Whether it happens or not, we will see, if the Offense gets clicking this could potentially be a scary team. Richlands looked great in the first 5 minutes, playing intense, then the rest of the game they looked totally different on O. Was in a store this weekend and overheard some woman telling another person that Richlands got beat and she was so happy she hated Richlands. Why does the whole town of Tazewell hate Richlands so bad? We dont hate Tazewell we just like to beat them in football. I wish Tazewell all the luck except when they play us. For good measures, Tazewell dont think your going to run all over us b/c we got beat by GC, remember last year!!!

Same thing happens here in Scott County too. A lot of Rye Cove and Twin Springs people HATE Gate City. My wife is from Rye Cove and hated GC. I asked if she hated Gate City so much why marry a guy from Gate City? :D I almost have her turned though. Took her to a couple of Gate City games in the past and caught her clapping to the fight song once and when we lost to Gretna in the 07 finals she was down about it worse than I was.:D First game I ever took her to was the Richlands @ GC game in 04 I think. We won the game in overtime. She said she had never seen a crowd as big as that at a football game.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last time richlands lost to gate city they followed that up with 32 straight and a state championship...im guessing the big blue faithful are hoping for a repeat of that...lol

Nope, the last time Richlands lost to Gate City they followed it up with a win at Honaker and then a loss to PV. What are you talking about 32 straight and a state championship?

last time richlands lost to gate city they followed that up with 32 straight and a state championship...im guessing the big blue faithful are hoping for a repeat of that...lol

No they didnt. They lost to Gate City last year too. Richlands lost to GC in 02, 03, and 04 then they won 05, 06, and 07. Now GC has won 08, and 09 and if things go like they have the last 8 years GC should win next year too. :D At least I hope so anyways.:D But with the way things have worked out these two teams return almost their whole rosters for next year and will be the game of the year. Too bad it is at the beginning of the season. Would love to see this game moved to the middle of the season.

Nope, the last time Richlands lost to Gate City they followed it up with a win at Honaker and then a loss to PV. What are you talking about 32 straight and a state championship?

He is talking about when we lost to GC in 2004 in overtime, then we realed off 32 straight reg. season wins. But you are right we lost to GC and PV last year. This season is looking to much like last so far. Hopefully we can get it going now and win the rest.

Guess he was talking about the loss in 04.

He is talking about when we lost to GC in 2004 in overtime, then we realed off 32 straight reg. season wins. But you are right we lost to GC and PV last year. This season is looking to much like last so far. Hopefully we can get it going now and win the rest.

Looks nothing like last season. The game was not close last year. This year it was a nail biter. I dont look for Richlands to lose again untill the State Semis if then.

Looks nothing like last season. The game was not close last year. This year it was a nail biter. I dont look for Richlands to lose again untill the State Semis if then.

I hope you are right (not about losing the state semis if they get there) but I think the offense has a long way to go, they got to get there timing down, period.

I hope you are right (not about losing the state semis if they get there) but I think the offense has a long way to go, they got to get there timing down, period.

You have to remember too that Gate City had 8 starters returning from last years defense and the other 3 had a lot of playing time last year too. I really dont think you will have much to worry about. Mance will have the O on track the rest of the way. Just beat PV in two weeks and I will be really happy!:D

You have to remember too that Gate City had 8 starters returning from last years defense and the other 3 had a lot of playing time last year too. I really dont think you will have much to worry about. Mance will have the O on track the rest of the way. Just beat PV in two weeks and I will be really happy!:D

Hope we can make you happy, it will make me happy to.

If Richlands is supposed to be the team to beat in the SWD this year who will challenge them for it? I think Tazewell and Abingdon.

There is no way Abingdon will challenge Richlands. After watching them in the jamboree a couple of wks ago they may be the worst team in all of AA in Virginia. they looked like it was the first time they had been on the field all year. The only challenge Richlands will have is Tazewell and even they wont be able to take Richlands down!

There is no way Abingdon will challenge Richlands. After watching them in the jamboree a couple of wks ago they may be the worst team in all of AA in Virginia. they looked like it was the first time they had been on the field all year. The only challenge Richlands will have is Tazewell and even they wont be able to take Richlands down!

You need to check this out!

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16174

I won't put them down since their high school kids. I'll just say comparing the two, Richlands has talent all over the field. Much, much more talent.

As for the 2004 Richlands/GC game, that was one of the best ever in this series. I hope we keep this game on our schedule every year. I'd also LOVE to have Graham back on the schedule at some point.

Like Quincy said.. Unless they were sandbagging a couple of weeks ago then yes they are.

Wow. I think they don't get the community support and not enough emphasis on football. With the population they have you would think they would be a decent program. Pampered to much and who has the best Mercedes.

I've been up there 3 times a day for the past 5 years for work. It tells me enough when I know who they're playing and the people a mile from the school don't. It's pretty sad, because there was a time when they were tough to handle.

Its just not a football town. Alot of people in Abingdon are of a different breed they think they are to cultured for the rest of southwest virginia. I think you have to many spoiled kids.

Drive by AHS and look at their student parking lot! That will show you how spoiled they are.

the blues lost to gate city last year .tazewell beat gate city .blues beat tazewell twice last year .so what wil it tall us?

Just tells you Gate City was overlooking Tazewell last year. This year they wont be.