Can someone check on this kid?

Bluefield_Rules

You guys are too funny. It's amazing how unimportant football became to some Graham fans about two minutes into Friday's night game. It'll be even funnier how important it becomes again to the same folks the next time you beat Bluefield.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what if Graham can't beat Blfd, or anyone else this year....let's keep bashing the kids and let's keep putting them down along with the band and every other sport at Graham...hell...they should just close the school because there is no talent or coaching or anything at Graham worth supporting....geesh. It's only high school football. Way to bash a kid for trying to be a team leader and show his teammates that he's not quitting, even if it was a public comment. I'm through with this board.

kthxbye

My question about the comment, he said "all 15 of us seniors wanted it", is that to say none of the under classmen wanted it? he could have def. worded what he was trying to say a lot better

Edited by bluefieldRocks

You guys are too funny. It's amazing how unimportant football became to some Graham fans about two minutes into Friday's night game. It'll be even funnier how important it becomes again to the same folks the next time you beat Bluefield.
You sir are an idiot.

It'll be even funnier how important it becomes again to the same folks the next time you beat Bluefield.

Its not going to be important to graham fans for a few years to come

i totally agree with BR on this, having been totally dismantled friday night. And BTW Bluefield did get the shaft last year by the officials and were totally robbed of a win.

totally agree with BR on this, having been totally dismantled friday night. And BTW Bluefield did get the shaft last year by the officials and were totally robbed of a win.

Edited by sanctagon

hell i didnt even know Graham had 15 SRs i think Graham will be better once they get over this game.same thing happen to bluefield last year,look how long it took for them to win their first game after that defeat Graham gave em.theyll get better. and i dont think youll ever see Graham go 0-10 ever.lets try to get along guys.

totally agree with BR on this, having been totally dismantled friday night. And BTW Bluefield did get the shaft last year by the officials and were totally robbed of a win.

Wow, just beat your rival by 41, and still bitter over a call that happened over a year ago.

Wow.

Wow, just beat your rival by 41, and still bitter over a call that happened over a year ago.

Wow.

I had never heard so many "adults" crying over what happened last year while I was at the game Friday night...pathetic...really...

Guest JJBrickface

High school kid or not he has to learn eventually that if you say stupid stuff in the media that you are open for criticism.

High school kid or not he has to learn eventually that if you say stupid stuff in the media that you are open for criticism.

Okay, tell me how it is stupid??? Like I said before, you want him to come out and be like, "Well we completely sucked up the field tonight, we are gonna lose most of our games last night, we might as well hang up the pads." No wonder high school and college athletes have such crappy attitudes after they lose. It's just a damn game. And he knows that, more than most of you apparently, because he still has faith in his team and teammates. What's wrong with being confident even if you do suck?? Who cares? This kid believes. But go ahead, call him stupid, put him down. I will remember this, and if Bluefield loses a game this year and a player says they could have won. I will put him down. HARD. And let's see how many of you Bluefield fans will jump over my shit for it.

If Bluefield loses a game by a touchdown or so, then I could see a comment like "maybe on a better night we would get them" but not when you lose by 41. That is where this statement is being perceived as delusional.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Here is my 2 cents.

While I understand why some of you are saying, not to bash a HS kid, and that it shows heart... sometimes you have to show respect, and I think that is what the Bluefield fans on here kinda want.

Maybe his heart was in the right place, maybe his comments got edited. But here is what he should have said, which shows respect for the Beavers, and the fact that Graham can't lay down in the upcoming weeks, coming from a PR major...

"Hats off to Bluefield tonight. They dominated in many aspects of the game and proved that our team is not where we need to be to succeed this season just yet. We, the seniors, wanted to win very badly, but it was just not in the cards tonight. This game is in the past, and we have to look forward to playing a very good Cave Spring team next week. We havent given up on ourselves, and the fans shoudnt either. There is a lot of football left to be played."

Guest JJBrickface
Okay, tell me how it is stupid??? Like I said before, you want him to come out and be like, "Well we completely sucked up the field tonight, we are gonna lose most of our games last night, we might as well hang up the pads." No wonder high school and college athletes have such crappy attitudes after they lose. It's just a damn game. And he knows that, more than most of you apparently, because he still has faith in his team and teammates. What's wrong with being confident even if you do suck?? Who cares? This kid believes. But go ahead, call him stupid, put him down. I will remember this, and if Bluefield loses a game this year and a player says they could have won. I will put him down. HARD. And let's see how many of you Bluefield fans will jump over my shit for it.

If ANY Bluefield player makes a comment like that after being ran off the field by a far superior team than I would feel the same. I would be ok if you called them out on it. Now this kid needs to move on to the next game and not to worry about what would happen if they played Bluefield again.

I guess everyone has their opinions about how 15, 16 and 17 year olds should be treated. And this is America, and you have that right. However, I want everyone here to know I will never disgrace myself by speaking in a derogatory manner toward any of your team's players. I don't really have a dog in this fight when it comes to the Bluefield-Graham fued, I know there's school pride involved and I don't have a problem with that...my point was to try and be a voice of reason and bring to light the immaturity of grown men taking cheap shots at these youngsters who are still learning how to express themselves. They are not professional athletes who have dealt with the media on a daily basis, they are children learning how to cope with defeat or victory, whatever the case may be. This young man was trying to say his team never quit, and they wouldn't back down from even the mighty Bluefield Beavers, and I commend him for that. He could have phrased his statement more eloquently, but for goodness sakes he's a kid. Cut him some slack. Show him some compassion.

Most of us here are adults who are able to understand the difference in a statement made by an inexperienced youngster and one made by an adult. I only ask that you think about who these young men are before you bash them with an insensitive post.

Edited by blueinbama

Here is my 2 cents.

While I understand why some of you are saying, not to bash a HS kid, and that it shows heart... sometimes you have to show respect, and I think that is what the Bluefield fans on here kinda want.

Maybe his heart was in the right place, maybe his comments got edited. But here is what he should have said, which shows respect for the Beavers, and the fact that Graham can't lay down in the upcoming weeks, coming from a PR major...

"Hats off to Bluefield tonight. They dominated in many aspects of the game and proved that our team is not where we need to be to succeed this season just yet. We, the seniors, wanted to win very badly, but it was just not in the cards tonight. This game is in the past, and we have to look forward to playing a very good Cave Spring team next week. We havent given up on ourselves, and the fans shoudnt either. There is a lot of football left to be played."

No, I respectfully disagree with you. I think he believes in his team and he really does think they can compete with the mighty Beavers. Like he and many others said from Graham, they had a bad night. A really bad night. Marrs even said so himself in that article. He shouldn't have to re-word his statement because it might hurt some feelings from the fans of Bluefield. That's selfish and ignorant. He really, truly believes that they could have won on a different night and that's all he was stating. I don't think he, or any other players will get hung up on the game. They are ready to show what they can do. He just stated that he thinks they could play with them, and beat them, on a good night for them.

He's a kid, cut him some slack. I'm sure when we were his age, we felt like we could conquer the world too.

This team was very unprepared for this game was very "non-agressive". Reflects on coaching if you ask me. Poor tackling, poor blocking....just all around a very non-Graham like team and it's been getting worse every year. I wouldn't get over-confident about beating this Graham team, if I were a Bluefield fan.

Yeah, and I think if Bluefield could have played Graham a second time in 2001 they could have taken the G-Men.
none of the bluefield teams ever could stay close to them....