Graham

ghstoga

yes sir they do.

they dont play defense, and on offense the same plays over and over and over and over, at least they have the punting down, but thats what is most important. {the highlight films}. feel really bad for the guys playing but the same thing happened last couple of years with better teams than this year and until this mediocre team nobody really said that much but the handwriting was all over the wall then.

Love you guys at graham, really hurts to watch this

Good luck Beaver

I know what Doug Marrs is doing this year.

He is making the offense awful as possible so there will be more punts.

He makes highlight films of Alex longsnapping and David punting.

I figured out Dougie woo hoo.

My biggest issue is the fact that kids for GHS miss practice and still play. There have been many rumblings by current players that there is a lack of discipline. They have stated that only the starters get practice time while the rest of the team watches. Maybe this is the answer to why the second stringers do not enter the game. Open gym has started for basketball and many players are highly P'ed off. I hate it. I truely do. Its bad for everyone who has ever attended a game for GHS. The differences are astronomical from just five years ago. C'mon anyone could keep from getting their a** handed to them week in and week out. For god sake keep the games close. Taking a knee would keep the game closer than what has been shown so far. It cant get any worse. There are some good atheletes walking the halls at GHS that will not play due to the favoritism shown to certain players. You could find the twenty two worst atheletes in GHS, take a knee, and keep the score from being this lop sided.

P.S. Graham will not win a game this year. 0-10 is my prediction. I also feel that as long as this coaching staff stays in tact then at the end of the season WE will not be able to find a coach to take over this mess. Graham will keep their coach until he decides to leave. You think Richlands and Tazewell mind if he stays. Lord no, its like Christmas every year. Sad so sad.

I would never say anything bad about players so I wish these type comments would cease. I do not feel like any athelete would intentionally show lack of effort in any situation for any school in our area. I just agree that we should start building for a more positive future at GHS.

I stated some things emotionally and changed it for the sake of my own personal opinions being put out there with no real basis.

Edited by YOTD

nicely put bluefieldrules.i feel the same way,i want both teams to win state every year.if Graham beats bluefield and bluefield wins state then we can say we have a great team,and vice versa.when both of these teams do well its good for both communities.but im sad to say that when coach passed Graham football died too.whats really sad is is that there are some really talented players on this Graham team who are going to have a losing season because of a bonehead coach who cant get his head out of his butt and put together a playbook of plays other than going back to the same playbook that was there when he came to Graham.times have changed and so has football.i love smashmouth football,i love the running game,but you cant keep doing the same sh#t over and over and over game after game.sooner or later youve gotta get on the same page as everyone else.and until he does that,every team graham plays will not only beat them bad but look good doing it.if it were up to me come next week litz would be the only coach left on that coaching list.the rest would be GONE.i wish the G-Men all the luck in the world cause with marrs you gonna need it.

Another one of those where we have to agree to disagree. I would prefer to see Graham doing well and contending on the Virginia side with the Beavers doing the same on the WV side. Things just as fun when Graham is struggling and one of the two Bluefields isn't dominating football in the region. I loathe Graham leading up to Beaver/Graham, but afterwards hope they win every game. They're just as much apart of the Bluefields as the Beavers and when both teams are kicking *** it makes the two Bluefields shine. I'd much rather see Graham winning the SWD then certain other teams. I hope the G-Men get the ship righted by whatever means is necessary to do so.

Yup. I feel the same way. I hate to see Graham get trounced even though I'm a Beaver grad. There are a lot of Bluefield/Graham alumi that are friends that pull for each other's team after the Beaver/Graham game. It's good for the area and I enjoy it. I'd like to see both teams do well.

Yup. I feel the same way. I hate to see Graham get trounced even though I'm a Beaver grad. There are a lot of Bluefield/Graham alumi that are friends that pull for each other's team after the Beaver/Graham game. It's good for the area and I enjoy it. I'd like to see both teams do well.

Count me in. You and Rules have it right with me too.

I only get a little excited when Princeton loses, and even now, that's starting to lose its aura.

Edited by hokie07

Fact is there will never be another Coach Carlock - we all can agree on that. He not only "coached" the kids, he "mentored" them. In some cases, he was the father that some kids never had and he is still very much missed by many in this community. I for one was not pleased with the decision to make Marrs coach, simply because I never liked him in school, but I put my opinions of him aside and tried to give him a chance. As we all see though, something has got to change. GHS football is no longer GHS football. The pride that once was there is gone. Someone commented that it is just the talent level of the kids these days and referred to the loss by GMS last week to Bluefield. I have watched some of those GMS kids in little league for years and in my opinion it is not a talent issue. There are also some very talented kids in little league right now. The best of coaches can take the least talented kids, teach them the fundamentals, instill in them the desire to achieve, be proud and give it their all. That doesn't mean that by doing this you create a state championship team year after year, but at least the kids can come away from a loss with their head held high knowing they did their best. Changes need to be made for the sake of our future kids. Wake up TCSB!!!!

I'll chime in and agree I'm another bluefield fan that has enjoyed graham's success and has been very proud of graham representing our area. So I'd enjoy seeing them become a strong program again,. to be honest it could be just some down years player wise, who knows. time will tell though.

The bigger thing about graham's program in relation to bluefield is that if it goes down, the bluefield graham rivalry goes down a lot to, something to consider. Aside from the many things that make it a special rivalry, the competitive level of the game itself is huge.

Count me in. You and Rules have it right with me too.

I only get a little excited when Princeton loses, and even now, that's starting to lose its aura.

I'm 1 of the few in bluefield likely that actually enjoys seeing princeton do well when they do.

I have heard that Beaver/Graham is on the list of games ESPN would like to highlight on the Old Spice High School Game series in the future. In order for that to happen Graham has to get things turned around to make the matchup more enticing.

way to go graham. looks like it wont be on espn

where was all this talk after the 26 - 6 massacre a few years back...

and you're telling me the game last year wouldn't have been exciting to watch on ESPN? definitely would've tivo'd that b**ch

and you're telling me the game last year wouldn't have been exciting to watch on ESPN? definitely would've tivo'd that b**ch

It would have been an exceptional game to have been on tv, and personally I haven't thrown in the towell for graham football myself as many others have, every program has some down seasons, the only thing of legit concern in my opinion longer term seems to be the #s of players on the team.

I'd put every Beaver/Graham game on television. The point was/is, the game would be much more appealing if the expectations for both sides are high. If you've got one team a serious contender in WV and the other in Virginia then you've got an even more exciting showdown.

well currently i am making a website should b up about 3-4 weeks... going to broad cast alot of games on the site. still working on it and fixing some errors and ques. but next year i plan on having it good for the graham beaver game. i am just going to test this year for some of the erros to get it fixed

Class of 1990 guy here....who is on the current GHS Staff? Who are the OCs and DCs?

I was disappointed to hear that they are still running the "22" defense. That defense is well outdated and they need to move to something that is geared less against run-oriented teams and more towards balanced attacks with speed. The game has changed in 20 years and the ability to adapt is what makes programs strong year to year.

Class of 1990 guy here....who is on the current GHS Staff? Who are the OCs and DCs?

I was disappointed to hear that they are still running the "22" defense. That defense is well outdated and they need to move to something that is geared less against run-oriented teams and more towards balanced attacks with speed. The game has changed in 20 years and the ability to adapt is what makes programs strong year to year.

The assistants are Litz, Palmer, Rex Bradshaw, Jeff Sizemore, Woodward, Hayes, and Don Jones.

i go to graham and all and of course i want graham to do well but idk about anyone else but bluefield looked damn good the other night against graham i mean were having a bad year but i mean bluefield should have a great year!! im just glad one of us is doing well