GC vs. Tazewell (from the GC side)

LegendatLegion

GC took charge early with their ground game and never looked back (mostly) GC had a chance to go up 35-7 just before the half and threw an int in the endzone. QB for the Dawgs is tough and he can fling it. Clark #15 and Vaughn #31 for GC both were well over 100yds rushing. GC took a 42-7 lead with over 5 minutes in the 3rd quarter when the Dawgs decided to perk the interest of the GC faithful, starting with a kickoff return TD followed by the Devils quite possibly pulling the first unit somewhat prematurely for a series. Tazewell then returned the punt for a td to fire up the visitors. GC then had the ball stripped by a neer say die bunch of Bulldogs leading to yet another td and the score of 42-27. GC then got a good drive and a Fg from Logan Byrd to make it 45-27, D. Clark intercepted a 4th down pass. Vaughn rambled for a long td with about 2 minutes left on the clock for a final of 52-27.

GC must have had at least 350 yds rushing. The Dawgs and their fans were quite boisterous the entire game, i appreciated the fervor on the other side. #42 can fly for the Bulldogs and had a great game.

GC took charge early with their ground game and never looked back (mostly) GC had a chance to go up 35-7 just before the half and threw an int in the endzone. QB for the Dawgs is tough and he can fling it. Clark #15 and Vaughn #31 for GC both were well over 100yds rushing. GC took a 42-7 lead with over 5 minutes in the 3rd quarter when the Dawgs decided to perk the interest of the GC faithful, starting with a kickoff return TD followed by the Devils quite possibly pulling the first unit somewhat prematurely for a series. Tazewell then returned the punt for a td to fire up the visitors. GC then had the ball stripped by a neer say die bunch of Bulldogs leading to yet another td and the score of 42-27. GC then got a good drive and a Fg from Logan Byrd to make it 45-27, D. Clark intercepted a 4th down pass. Vaughn rambled for a long td with about 2 minutes left on the clock for a final of 52-27.

GC must have had at least 350 yds rushing. The Dawgs and their fans were quite boisterous the entire game, i appreciated the fervor on the other side. #42 can fly for the Bulldogs and had a great game.

Tazewell has no quit in them. They might place 2nd in the SWD. Mistakes and pulling the starters early helped the Bulldogs back in the game but once the starters returned and the Bulldogs mometum wore off GC showed once again they were by far the better team.

Tazewell has no quit in them. They might place 2nd in the SWD. Mistakes and pulling the starters early helped the Bulldogs back in the game but once the starters returned and the Bulldogs mometum wore off GC showed once again they were by far the better team.

Good game GC.. Starters were out for two plays on offense.... Keep ya heads up Dawgs and don't ever give up!

Good game GC.. Starters were out for two plays on offense.... Keep ya heads up Dawgs and don't ever give up!

If you say so. I know for atleast one series on O and a couple on D and speacial teams. Doesnt matter. Good luck Bulldogs the rest of the season.

So applebarn, you've seen both Tazewell and Richlands. What do you think about both teams ? Richlands offence looked like they finally started to click tonight, but it's hard to tell how much so. Honaker is really depleated this year and is going to have a tough year.

Just would like to know what you opinion is on both teams since you've seen them.

hey applebarn, how do you think abingdon stacks up against tazewell? not sure if we can beat richlands but i would like to be able to finish 2nd. i know scrimmages are hard to judge but do you think we can beat the dawgs.

Gate City looked great...solid team top to bottom...only weakness i see is in the secondary...they gave up the long ball a couple of times.

to me Tazewell got screwed when it was like 21-7....they scored on a long pass that was called back on a bogus holding penalty...flag was thrown very late...shades of the old Carroll County days for those that remember....that was the turning point in the game...instead of 21-14 it was 28-7 and Tazewell never recovered...they didn't give up, but it was just too much for them to make up....if that penalty isn't thrown and the TD stands, you have a whole different ball game.

And...I'm not biased to either team, just calling it like i see it.

Well i was their, several bad calls on both sides of the ball. The holding call was a good call, it was clear from where i was sitting. The offensive lineman had both hands tugging so hard on a GC defensive player back part of the shirt other wise the QB would have been sacked!!!

Tell em about the punt GC Blocked and got a ruffing the punter call, or all the down field blocks in the back that was not called maybe 5 or 6. As far Richlands or Tazewell, Richlands all to way over Tazewell. Tazewell & Abingdon, Tazewell seemed to better.

Well i was their, several bad calls on both sides of the ball. The holding call was a good call, it was clear from where i was sitting. The offensive lineman had both hands tugging so hard on a GC defensive player back part of the shirt other wise the QB would have been sacked!!!

Tell em about the punt GC Blocked and got a ruffing the punter call, or all the down field blocks in the back that was not called maybe 5 or 6. As far Richlands or Tazewell, Richlands all to way over Tazewell. Tazewell & Abingdon, Tazewell seemed to better.

bad calls were not hard to find...but the one on the holding that cost them the TD came way late and was only from one ref who was out of the play until he threw the flag...and the pass was long gone and caught before the flag came out...just the way i saw it...maybe you had a better perspective than i did.

Guest lookoutmountain
Gate City looked great...solid team top to bottom...only weakness i see is in the secondary...they gave up the long ball a couple of times.

to me Tazewell got screwed when it was like 21-7....they scored on a long pass that was called back on a bogus holding penalty...flag was thrown very late...shades of the old Carroll County days for those that remember....that was the turning point in the game...instead of 21-14 it was 28-7 and Tazewell never recovered...they didn't give up, but it was just too much for them to make up....if that penalty isn't thrown and the TD stands, you have a whole different ball game.

Lance....come on man. Anyone can pick out a certain call of a game and say it was bad and actually the call probably was bad, but....if a team is down nearly 35-7 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and getting blown off the ball 7 yards per play and demoralized with the run, is it really fair to say Tazewell "got screwed?" In order to be screwed, it has to be a close game with Tazewell having a shot to win, then a bad call changes the game or throws it into one direction. I mean...lets face it, they got blown completely out.

you are crazy...that call is not made and it's 21-14...instead it's 28-7...whole different ball game at that point. Tazewell didn't get blown out...GC got a FG and a TD in the last few min of the game to make it look worse that it was...it was still a 2 TD game at 42-27 with 3 min left...to me that's not exactly a blow out...but that's just me...that was a 14 point swing on that one flag...which I didn't agree with...the game was a lot closer than the score shows.

Yeah dude, there were bad calls, I didn't wanna say anything and take away what a great team GC has, but then you open your mouth, GC was holding all night, where offsides on every kick off, the offense guard on the right side was getting a little head start every play... Bad Call? The the roughing the kicker may have been a bad call, put the GC player blocked the kick at the highest point while he was standing flat footed, then seem to fall and roll the kicker leg, but I wouldn't have called.... Good Luck to Gate City, and to the T-Town Dawgs the rest of the way!

GC also blocked a punt, but they threw a flag for running into the punter even though the punt was blocked. Gave Tazewell a first down but GC ended up holding them anyway. Bad calls both ways!

bad calls were not hard to find...but the one on the holding that cost them the TD came way late and was only from one ref who was out of the play until he threw the flag...and the pass was long gone and caught before the flag came out...just the way i saw it...maybe you had a better perspective than i did.

The flag was actually thrown way before the pass was!

Lance is right when that touchdown was called back that killed Tazewell. I seen where somebody said Gate City pulled ther starters I was sitting with Lance and we were talking about how they let there starters play the whole game. Tazewell played with alot of heart to be down by so much in the third quarter I remember when they would just hang there heads the last couple of years. Gate City is a really good team but the game was horribly called last night.

Wish I coulda been there so I could throw my two cents in but I'm in Myrtle beach. Woo. my boys were keeping me updated though. Sounded like it was becoming a good game there for a while, but it's been said before on here, that atmosphere is just insanity. Good luck GC. And to the dawgs, don't hang your head, pick it up and concentrate on this next game.

I'm not sure which game you guys watched, and I respect your opinion, but GC had 2-3 freshmen in the backfield for a couple of series, but a couple of freshmen playing in the defensive backfield. They DID NOT play their starters the entire game.

It don't matter if they had the middle school team in there! The Dawgs took one on the chin and keep playing, we are done with GC, time for the Pioneers.. Good Luck to you guys the rest of the way....

no the flag was thrown late...

I totally agree - the flag was thrown well after the play was complete - the official that threw the flag was not in a position to make that call -- this according to film. I questioned it live, but looking back this was a very bad and very critical call. It is alot different mentally playing 21-14 than 28 -7.

Gate City is a great team -- they have two players that are just heads and shoulders above most and a complimenting offensive and defensive line. This would have been a tough win for Tazewell with this call not being made, but it would have made it even more interesting. The score truely doesn't reflect the game. Gate City should have a very successful year -- and hopefully make it deep into the post season.

Tazewell did not quit - I like that -- hopefully they will get focused this week at practice and learn from mistakes and build on the things that work.

I hope to get to see Richlands in the next week or so -- and expect to see a strong team -- with alot of the kinks worked out -- should prove to be a good game between Tazewell Richlands in a few weeks.

I'm not sure which game you guys watched, and I respect your opinion, but GC had 2-3 freshmen in the backfield for a couple of series, but a couple of freshmen playing in the defensive backfield. They DID NOT play their starters the entire game.

they didn't have all of the starters in the whole time...i dont think many teams do...i know the 31 kid scored the last TD with not much time left...and he's a starter...so...they had them on the field the whole game...maybe not all of them but it's not like people are trying to make it out to be like GC held back or anything...because they put up every point they could on Tazewell.

Did Tazewell have a sustained drive all night? They scored on a blown coverage pass play, 2 returns on special teams. Gate City controlled the game. Tazewell is a fine team, but the better team won last night. I was at the game and am a fan of neither.

So applebarn, you've seen both Tazewell and Richlands. What do you think about both teams ? Richlands offence looked like they finally started to click tonight, but it's hard to tell how much so. Honaker is really depleated this year and is going to have a tough year.

Just would like to know what you opinion is on both teams since you've seen them.

Richlands should have no trouble with Tazewell. Just have someone all over their QB. Richlands O is not that bad. They faced a good GC D. People forget that GC had 8 returning starters from last years D.

hey applebarn, how do you think abingdon stacks up against tazewell? not sure if we can beat richlands but i would like to be able to finish 2nd. i know scrimmages are hard to judge but do you think we can beat the dawgs.

Depends on who grows up the most when you guys meet. Should be a good game but Abingdon will need to keep someone on Tazewells QB. Tazewells QB is by far the best I have seen this year including scrimmages. When he gets the chance he is very accurate.