Falcons vs Burton

littlebluefan

I think this game will be a good test for Abingdon also it should be a good test for Burton both teams will face a good Offsense. The poweer running game of Burtons and the spread of Abingdons w/Hess.It will test Abingdons defense and Burtons Defense. I have no ideal which team will win. Id like to c a great game and the best team win. It should be a good expereince for both teams. Yes Abingdon may not be that good and Burton May stomp them or it could be the other way around. Lets quit bashing teams until they play each other and then see which team was the better team.

Power running game?

Norton is Jet right and Jet left the only between the tackles running I have seen out of them the last few years have been running the QB after fakeing the Jet

Abingdon running the spread is not a good thing for the Falcons IMHO Burtons speed makes defending that type of offence easyer than a power running attack

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys after Friday night,you'll have to look back at this post and see that I am right. I like Abingdon,and wish them well,but I promise you,even in a year where they were hit by graduation,the Black Raiders will show the Falcons speed like they'll not see again. It's all about genetics,and those "Southside Scooters" can fly. Martinez Miles is getting serious looks by D-1 schools,and may very well be the best player in the state. I hope the Falcons give 'em hell,but it's going to be a long night for the birds IMO. Raiders by 14+

I've seen both teams play and it could be a really good game actually. I see Burton winning when its all said and done, but the Falcons have a good chance. Burton's D isn't that great. If Abingdon can stop the BIG play from happening more than once, they will have a real shot at winning.

Miles Martinez is good he is very good, but no the best player in the state. I can't think of the guys name, but Fort Chiswell's running back is by far the best running back/player in SWVA. The kid looks very good running the ball and making the D miss.

Good luck friday night

Burton 21 Falcons 14

i have seen burton play there line is not good at all appi blew them off the ball but they did lose and burton will have trouble against the spread and the falcons 3-4 D it will be a good one but the falcons could run away with it but im sayin falcons by 14+

They have more than one player, they have a Maleek Miles as well. Their defense is nasty and gets after it, lining up and running at them is one thing, spreading out and trying to play them in space is another. They will smack Abingdon around. Abingdon QB will be running for his life all night.

im sorry blue crue they have 2 players the falcons have a much better line then burton. burton isnt use to the size and skill of abingdon i say this one could get ungly for burton but it could be close either way falcons win

every game AHS plays in could get ugly if hess gets in sync with his receivers and their line plays well.. im hearing burton runs a 3-5 defense, if thats true then that will cause some match up problems for their linebackers and secondary. 3 DB's against 4 WR's dosent look good for JIB.

You guys are going to be in for a big-time surprise Friday night. These guys picking AHS by 2-3tds are making my sides hurt lol. Abingdon will do well if they stay within 2tds of Norton. That Raider defense is blazing fast and will knock your chinstraps off.

Burton will beat Abingdon going away...JIB will cover your inside WRs with their OLBs..and they are fast and rangy enough to do it.

oh sure.. and your going to leave your CB's alone on an island against our outside receivers? yea that makes perfect sense.. if thats JIBs plan then their in for a long night.

oh sure.. and your going to leave your CB's alone on an island against our outside receivers? yea that makes perfect sense.. if thats JIBs plan then their in for a long night.

That's exactly what they'll do...and they'll shut ya down doin it. Over here in the LPD, the CBs are usually the best athletes on the team, and lots of the time they're on an island man to man with the outside WRs. JIB isn't the only team that does it. Wait and see.

That's exactly what they'll do...and they'll shut ya down doin it. Over here in the LPD, the CBs are usually the best athletes on the team, and lots of the time they're on an island man to man with the outside WRs. JIB isn't the only team that does it. Wait and see.

well in SWD there are teams that play spread O and do it decently well so unless you have 2 lockdown corners and OLBs that play pass first then its not a good D to defend the spread. yes having 8 in the box is going to make it harder to run but who needs a running game if we can complete 70% or our passes

well in SWD there are teams that play spread O and do it decently well so unless you have 2 lockdown corners and OLBs that play pass first then its not a good D to defend the spread. yes having 8 in the box is going to make it harder to run but who needs a running game if we can complete 70% or our passes

Burton has beaten Powell Valley 4 years in a row...so you think they can't defend the spread? Your pipe dream ends in about 36 hours...JIB is nowhere near as good as they have been, but they're still good enough to hang a "L" on Abingdon. Hell, 75% of the teams in SWVA except the teams in the Cumberland are good enough to hang an "L" on Abingdon tho..

i think the falcons would beat powell valley this year and you might be in for a little suprise on friday. most teams that underestimate the falcons leave town wondering "what just happened". could burton be the next victim

Oh Jesus...I read this board every single year and it never fails that early in the year Abingdon fans get on here and brag about how much they've improved...and on and on and on. Then about week 5 they get on here and talk about how the refs have caused them to lose games, and how the kids are just too spoiled to win, and how the coaches can't coach. Then they finish the year with 3-4 wins and get on here and talk about how much better they'll be next year..and then the next year rolls around and it's the same ol song and dance routine. Here's my take on Abingdon this year:...unless Patrick Henry has turned into a totally different team than the one that scrimmaged Lebanon and Coeburn, the Falcons should have beat them by 50 if they are worth a damn at all. So, IMO it's the same ol song and dance in Abingdon...and it won't be long til the excuses and whiners come out of the woodwork and do their yearly ritual.

Oh Jesus...I read this board every single year and it never fails that early in the year Abingdon fans get on here and brag about how much they've improved...and on and on and on. Then about week 5 they get on here and talk about how the refs have caused them to lose games, and how the kids are just too spoiled to win, and how the coaches can't coach. Then they finish the year with 3-4 wins and get on here and talk about how much better they'll be next year..and then the next year rolls around and it's the same ol song and dance routine. Here's my take on Abingdon this year:...unless Patrick Henry has turned into a totally different team than the one that scrimmaged Lebanon and Coeburn, the Falcons should have beat them by 50 if they are worth a damn at all. So, IMO it's the same ol song and dance in Abingdon...and it won't be long til the excuses and whiners come out of the woodwork and do their yearly ritual.

so if we win friday your going to look like a total douchebag