Gate City At Leb.....

bigbluetrain

Hey now that the bulldogs have seen both teams play who do you all think has the better team I know GC beat the dogs pretty easy and then the dogs beat the pioneers but it is leb. and GC and it is a rival game..... either team can win this game......... just wondering what the Dog fans thought after getting to play both teams already

Lebanon will not be taken lightly. I think they got caught looking ahead to the Gate City game last Friday night. I look for this game to be a battle of defenses and with the game at Lebanon then the Pioneers may just pull it off.

Not sure about this folks but heard from a pretty reliable source that its on the board to cease any Tazewell County team from playing Gate City after this year. From what I understand this all started with the Tazewell/Gate City game with the fans and cheerleaders. So folks get ready you may not see Tazewell, Richlands or any other Tazewell County teams playing Gate City anymore. From what i understand its not only Tazewell taking this to the school board. Im not throwing out blame b/c I wasn't there and didn't see it, but if its true from what I hear then it is very rude and uncalled for. Once again I don't know what happened but I would hate to see Richlands and GC not play anymore.

Edited by Nadoball

Not sure about this folks but heard from a pretty reliable source that its on the board to cease any Tazewell County team from playing Gate City after this year. From what I understand this all started with the Tazewell/Gate City game with the fans and cheerleaders. So folks get ready you may not see Tazewell, Richlands or any other Tazewell County teams playing Gate City anymore. From what i understand its not only Tazewell taking this to the school board. Im not throwing out blame b/c I wasn't there and didn't see it, but if its true from what I hear then it is very rude and uncalled for. Once again I don't know what happened but I would hate to see Richlands and GC not play anymore.

If that is the case then that sad to hear!

If that is the case then that sad to hear!

Heard today that Keith Hovis at Tazewell said the issue is in process. I guess we will see what happens with this. I've heard Tazewell is not the only school pushing this

I didn't think it was that bad...again you have a few on the track that are causing the problems...a simple rope off of the cheerleader area would fix this mess...or, hey...just leave the girls at home and worry about the football....either way problem solved.

I don't agree with people messing with the cheerleaders but at the same time I don't understand why they were not inside the fence like all the other teams that GC plays I think you fans from Tazewell are just carrying this way to far. I mean cheerleaders have always been inside the fence at Gate City theirs stand inside it so why can't yours and before you say it same amount of room on both sides of the feild

Edited by cmd4life

I don't agree with people messing with the cheerleaders but at the same time I don't understand why they were not inside the fence like all the other teams that GC plays I think you fans from Tazewell are just carrying this way to far. I mean cheerleaders have always been inside the fence at Gate City theirs stand inside it so why can't yours and before you say it same amount of room on both sides of the feild

Hold up one min! It's not the fans, it the parents of the cheerleaders and the staff of the school... You can't blame a thing on the fans...

Heard today that Keith Hovis at Tazewell said the issue is in process. I guess we will see what happens with this. I've heard Tazewell is not the only school pushing this

I cant see why any other schools would be pushing it? I thought there were no problems at all with Richlands and no other Tazewell county schools are on the schedule but Tazewell.

I cant see why any other schools would be pushing it? I thought there were no problems at all with Richlands and no other Tazewell county schools are on the schedule but Tazewell.

I don't know, I would hate to see the Richlands/Gate City game be gone. I heard the problems were when teams visited Gate City. I think some Richlands people and Lebanon people are in on it to. I don't know I just pay attention to the game and let the other idiots do what they want.

The Richlands fans enjoy the rivalry w/the GC folks.

If it's the TCSB making this decision as was posted....then how does Lebanon factor into the equation as was mentioned?????Did Lebanon become a part of Tazewell County and I just didn't hear about it.

First I had heard about this. If it is true it is sad. But I would also like to hear both sides of the story. I can't understand why in the world they would be on the track and not inside the fence as the track is usually very crowded with people walking to and from the concessions/rest room.

There where 4000 more people at the South Game at GC and their cheerleader went inside the fence just like ever team that plays GC. No problems for 70 years, so i think this is sad and real stupid at the same time. One would ASSume they would realize where they are to cheer at a game & if not, just look over at the GC cheerleaders and follow there lead. If this is the case and they elect not to play GC anymore well that is just plain silly and stupid. LOL This has to be a joke.....

Well its not very safe for them to be standing on the field down there either!

Why isn't it safe??? To my knowledge there has never been an issue dealing with cheerleaders getting injured. If inside the fence isn't safe then we need to take the coaches and players off of the sidelines too becuase sometimes they might not be looking at the field and the game either because they could even be injured if they weren't paying attention so maybe we need to build to build a "safety" box around the sidelines (sarcasm if you hadn't noticed). Cheerleaders shouldn't be on the track, end of story!!! That is a you problem. GC cheerleaders have always cheered inside of the fence. I am sorry that people were being hateful to them and I have little respect for those kinds of people but at every school you will find these few bad apples and if they were on the field it wouldn't have happened. Tazewell High School is the only school who put their cheerleaders on the track.

Don't every school including college cheer on the field just below the 30 yard line?

All the schools that I knew of did until that one cheered on the track a couple of weeks ago. In all seriousness though, I always thought they did too.

If they can't handle the crowd, they shouldn't host games.

They just handled a crowd of at least 7000 people at the south game don't belive they had that many there to see them kick Tazewell butt. South even had their cheerleaders in side the fence and they had like 28 I belive

Why isn't it safe??? To my knowledge there has never been an issue dealing with cheerleaders getting injured. If inside the fence isn't safe then we need to take the coaches and players off of the sidelines too becuase sometimes they might not be looking at the field and the game either because they could even be injured if they weren't paying attention so maybe we need to build to build a "safety" box around the sidelines (sarcasm if you hadn't noticed). Cheerleaders shouldn't be on the track, end of story!!! That is a you problem. GC cheerleaders have always cheered inside of the fence. I am sorry that people were being hateful to them and I have little respect for those kinds of people but at every school you will find these few bad apples and if they were on the field it wouldn't have happened. Tazewell High School is the only school who put their cheerleaders on the track.

Yeah it is my problem? Dude I could care less if they cheered on the press box or in the end zone, but where them girls were standing that night it could have been real dangerous... I'm not the one bitching about it, so no it's not my problem, I'm not part of TCSB and neither at faculty member at THS, so you can take your trash else where!