haysi vs holston

littlebluefan

i say its gonna be a very close game...but i think holston will pull out with a "W" friday night

i have to disagree last week they struggled with battle...even tho battle is tough holston shouldve rolled them...holston walks away with a Loss this week

Holston is running the Split veer right? if so haysi's defense will do better than in previous weeks. The tigers have a small quick D that has been weak against the power running game.

haysi 27 holston 20

i think holston has the big head i doubt they are as good as what they think...

Shocker: I agree - Holston has ego problems and it will hurt them somewhere. Not sure it will be this week, but could be. They struggled with Battle for only a short while. (Also St. Paul and Bland). Twin Springs is the only team they thrashed from the outset. I think that it'll be close at first this week, then Holston will get in gear and win 34-20. Holston has too many weapons on offense - literally - 8 guys that could score at any time if they are in the game. From what I've heard, Haysi has only one true threat.

Think you've identified Holston's primary weakness though and don't know if it can be coached out of them.

Holston is running the Split veer right? if so haysi's defense will do better than in previous weeks. The tigers have a small quick D that has been weak against the power running game.

haysi 27 holston 20

If they've been weak against the power running game, Bramlett and Blevins will demolish them. Both are big and strong. Blevins is faster, Bramlett is stronger. Like I said before, Holston's only weakness against Haysi is their own big heads. That could be a big enough weakness.

look at you bein all nice..lol...i don't think they have ego issues..i think they don't have a pass defense..i think they been workin on it but gotta get better..they also are getting relaxed..that is a loss waiting to happen..they gotta stay fired up cause 10-23 is coming soon..i think we all know who they play that night..but if they can keep focused they will find these games mean more than they think..i honestly don't know what to expect fri..why i'm so excited for fri to get here..i do think this is their first real challenge so far.

James is about to open up a big can of whoop. I see this game as a coming out party for the Tigers. They have played a brutal first three, and now are playing same size schools. It does make a difference, you do not see the Salem Spartans looking for a game with Oscar Smith do ya.

Shocker: I agree - Holston has ego problems and it will hurt them somewhere. Not sure it will be this week, but could be. They struggled with Battle for only a short while. (Also St. Paul and Bland). Twin Springs is the only team they thrashed from the outset. I think that it'll be close at first this week, then Holston will get in gear and win 34-20. Holston has too many weapons on offense - literally - 8 guys that could score at any time if they are in the game. From what I've heard, Haysi has only one true threat.

Think you've identified Holston's primary weakness though and don't know if it can be coached out of them.

thank you and yes they have threats but talent isnt the only thing you need to win if the big head gets them haysi 45- holston 28 but if the big head doesnt holston 45 - haysi 14

Holston is outstanding but they have not improved from last year. They are doing little things wrong like stupid penalties. I think they do have ego problems but that is common with smaller schools that start to win. But trust me Haysi will not be another teat they are no better than anyone else Holston has played.

holston does not have that home run threat this year. losing medford hurts more than anyone over there will admit. i think holston will struggle to score in big games against quality defenses-go ahead and get all mad vols man. not sure if dive left and dive right will work against gw and chilhowie.

thank you and yes they have threats but talent isnt the only thing you need to win if the big head gets them haysi 45- holston 28 but if the big head doesnt holston 45 - haysi 14

holston does not have that home run threat this year. losing medford hurts more than anyone over there will admit. i think holston will struggle to score in big games against quality defenses-go ahead and get all mad vols man. not sure if dive left and dive right will work against gw and chilhowie.

u boyz dnt knw crap! we r 4 real!

Look - I know that there are folks on here that say uniformed crap like "yu dnt no wat u tking abt - we rooole." and such. However, the problem is not losing Mefford's athletic ability - it's losing Mefford's ability to get the rest of the team to shut up and be unselfish. Maybe you haven't seen Holston play. If you think its dive left and dive right then you are sorely mistaken. Blevins, DeArmond and Clifton are threats to take it to the house every play on the pass. Pratt, C. Blevins and Bramlett are on the run. Throw in Applegate and Harris, who both have done so this year, and you've got 8 that can score any time, from about any place on the field. Contrary to your belief, Holston has multiple home run threats.

Stupid penalties are huge - think something like 6 touchdowns have been called back in the first four games. All of those have been "home runs." The problem is that certain players want their names in the papers and to be "potw" on Hogo.com and are being selfish. That's not just observation, it's insider information.

If this team plays as a team, there's no reason they can't repeat as Region C champs and give Clintwood or Burton all they want. But, unless something changes in these guys attitudes, its not going to happen this year. I don't see the collapse occurring this week, but I could be wrong.

Look - I know that there are folks on here that say uniformed crap like "yu dnt no wat u tking abt - we rooole." and such. However, the problem is not losing Mefford's athletic ability - it's losing Mefford's ability to get the rest of the team to shut up and be unselfish. Maybe you haven't seen Holston play. If you think its dive left and dive right then you are sorely mistaken. Blevins, DeArmond and Clifton are threats to take it to the house every play on the pass. Pratt, C. Blevins and Bramlett are on the run. Throw in Applegate and Harris, who both have done so this year, and you've got 8 that can score any time, from about any place on the field. Contrary to your belief, Holston has multiple home run threats.

Stupid penalties are huge - think something like 6 touchdowns have been called back in the first four games. All of those have been "home runs." The problem is that certain players want their names in the papers and to be "potw" on Hogo.com and are being selfish. That's not just observation, it's insider information.

If this team plays as a team, there's no reason they can't repeat as Region C champs and give Clintwood or Burton all they want. But, unless something changes in these guys attitudes, its not going to happen this year. I don't see the collapse occurring this week, but I could be wrong.

you must not have read my post-I said against a good defense. I really don't think you have seen a good defense this year, so everyone on your team is a home run guy right now. if you think those guys are as good as medford then please don't respond on this board. they will struggle against a good defense-you heard it here first!

you must not have read my post-I said against a good defense. I really don't think you have seen a good defense this year, so everyone on your team is a home run guy right now. if you think those guys are as good as medford then please don't respond on this board. they will struggle against a good defense-you heard it here first!

Who the heck are you to say what I think or know? How many of their games have you seen in the past three years? How many games have you played or coached? At least spell his name right - it's Mefford not Medford. And although he was a great player, his value was more intangible than tangible. Don't expect you to understand that what that means. Don't you dare tell me not to respond on this board. I could tell you to stay on the Abingdon threads, where you can't hold your own, either, but I won't.

Who the heck are you to say what I think or know? How many of their games have you seen in the past three years? How many games have you played or coached? At least spell his name right - it's Mefford not Medford. And although he was a great player, his value was more intangible than tangible. Don't expect you to understand that what that means. Don't you dare tell me not to respond on this board. I could tell you to stay on the Abingdon threads, where you can't hold your own, either, but I won't.

don't know anything about football. holston is great! they will score on most of their possessions this year. they should win every game. if they have that many weapons i sure wouldn't want to coach against them. glad they are in the hogo-it sounds like they should win state. can anyone stop them? i've never heard of a team with that many weapons. how does matlock keep them all happy?

don't know anything about football. holston is great! they will score on most of their possessions this year. they should win every game. if they have that many weapons i sure wouldn't want to coach against them. glad they are in the hogo-it sounds like they should win state. can anyone stop them? i've never heard of a team with that many weapons. how does matlock keep them all happy?

Sure - respond in the extremes...no surprise after following you on the falcon threads. Just don't tell me to stay off this or any other board again.

ahh,see what bein nice gets ya cav..lol..the birds will peck and peck..cause they got nothin better to do..see,there once was a school called abingdon..but after the tornado blew thru it .well,they aren't the same..instead of playin ball ,they wanna chirp about everybody..so they come onto these threads and try to get us all mad..but i just laugh at the birds cause the dawg pound gonna pick up sum falcon wings to eat..can you say finger lickin good....TFF(tazwell fried falcon)lol..holston will be fine..just gotta stay focused ...med was a nice back but lacked in size..bramlett will knock your helmet off..ask the guys from battle..