1. 1. Richlands VS Tazewell

• Tazewell
    • Richlands
    • Ref's

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I meant, didn't notice what I put till now! We are gonna miss Mountain out there, so Pauley what is the word with Lockhart?

Cody isn't suspended from school or anything so he's ready to go and dustin got cleared yesterday to play this week!

That's what I meant, didn't notice what I put till now! We are gonna miss Mountain out there, so Pauley what is the word with Lockhart?

thats just stupid...if Cody and Mountain are both out then Dean might as well sit out as well and get it over with...Richlands should just play the JV team to keep it close....well...maybe somewhat close.

thats just stupid...if Cody and Mountain are both out then Dean might as well sit out as well and get it over with...Richlands should just play the JV team to keep it close....well...maybe somewhat close.

Lathel is the only one out this week and he's out next week as well.

Lathel is the only one out this week and he's out next week as well.

thats still a big loss...over a cell phone? what the hell? seriously why would you suspend a kid for 2 weeks over a cell phone? that sounds like killing an ant with a sledgehammer to me....what ever happened to study hall? Is the school boards answer to everything these days "call the police" and "suspend them for xx days"....I mean come on.

thats still a big loss...over a cell phone? what the hell? seriously why would you suspend a kid for 2 weeks over a cell phone? that sounds like killing an ant with a sledgehammer to me....what ever happened to study hall? Is the school boards answer to everything these days "call the police" and "suspend them for xx days"....I mean come on.

Wow it sounds like Lance wants the Dawgs to win just as bad as the Tazewell folks do!

Wow it sounds like Lance wants the Dawgs to win just as bad as the Tazewell folks do!

I'm not really pulling for Tazewell any more than I am for Richlands in this one to be honest...I like both schools...just think it is stupid these days how some of the stuff at school is handled. I'd be saying the same thing if it was one of the Johnson kids at Richlands who got suspended...in a game like the Brawl, you would like to see both schools be able to put the best kids on the field and play a good game and let the best team win...to have a kid miss 2 games and more important BE OUT OF SCHOOL for 2 weeks over a cell phone is stupid...take the phone and make the parent come and pick it up and give the kid a few days of study hall or whatever...don't just kick him out of school because you dont want to deal with it...to me this is overkill and very sad that you would pull a kid out of school for 2 weeks over something like this....sounds like a total cop out by the school system.

hell all three should set out this week...atleast they would have an excuse for the beating there going to get........lol it was just a joke don't everbody come at me at once now......it will be a good game as it is ever year.....

So you are saying that Dustin Dean should sit out a game for crying to a ref for a penalty, if that was the case then B. Strong would get ejected every game he plays in, I could not count on both hands how many times I have seen him go to a ref crying for a flag to be thrown.. To be kicked out of school 10 days because of a cell phone, is stupid and I agree with Lance...

nope not saying that at all .....i said that so the dawgs would have an excuse when they get beat by 30 points....

no excuse needed...you just take your beating and move on.

woofing aside...this cell phone thing just pisses me off...sorry lol.

nope not saying that at all .....i said that so the dawgs would have an excuse when they get beat by 30 points....

As a fan if we get beat I will take in on the chin like I do with every other loss, It has been 12 years since I have strapped the head gear on, but I still get up big time for this game... Everyone seems to think that Richlands has already won the game...

all this talk is just for fun we both no that it will be a great game like ever year i see the winner not winning by no more than 14 points...... good luck to both teams and the main thing is everbody stays healthy because they will see each other again later down the road.........

all this talk is just for fun we both no that it will be a great game like ever year i see the winner not winning by no more than 14 points...... good luck to both teams and the main thing is everbody stays healthy because they will see each other again later down the road.........

I agree !

GO BULLDOGS :p

I have heard mixed results about Wyatt. But from alot of ppl Harris Hart just didn't have the support of some of the big wig's in the Tazewell program. He's not did a bad job at Bland since he has been there. The sad thing is the talent pool at Tazewell is there. I've seen it but they just don't want to play for Bobby Wyatt. I mean look at Muncy and Rasnicks senior class. How many kids started out as freshman with them.

I've heard mixed as well from both inside the tazewell football family and on here. He done some things right and hasn't done an awful job over Tazewell. That is a very competitive conference and entertaining football. Harris Hart has done a great job at Bland in the short time he has been there. This year is a little tough , but they lost a huge senior class that had all skill positions and some key linemen leave. If he's retiring that's cool, but if he's not....I don't see him going anywhere.

It's not Permian Texas over there, come on!

Tazewell County's School Board adopted a new 'cell phone policy' this year -- first time a kid is caught with their phone it's 3 days in school suspension -- the second time they are caught it's 10 days out. However - you can get in a fight and beat the living daylight out of someone and if you are related to each other -- you are told to settle family feuds at home not at school and sent on your merry way.

I think this new policy is a great example where the punishment does not fit the crime.

I would bet you that any given day at any given TCPS building you could easily find teachers and staff using their cell phone -- I don't think kids should be texting while in class, but also don't think the teacher's and staff should be texting during school either -- they are receiving a paycheck --

I wonder if the anyone at the school level thought what this punishment will do to Lathel's final numbers and how it may affect him with college recruiting, and district and region voting.

I would think that the first offense should be taking the phone and calling the parent to come pick it up and have a conference. The second offense could be a Saturday school, a third offense 3 days in school suspension with all extra curricular activities being suspended for these 3 days as well, and a fourth offense would have the kid and their parent meet with the school board for a discipline plan.

Lathel will be missed -- but this is way more extreme than the 2 football games he is missing -- what about 2 weeks of instruction?

Tazewell County's School Board adopted a new 'cell phone policy' this year -- first time a kid is caught with their phone it's 3 days in school suspension -- the second time they are caught it's 10 days out. However - you can get in a fight and beat the living daylight out of someone and if you are related to each other -- you are told to settle family feuds at home not at school and sent on your merry way.

I think this new policy is a great example where the punishment does not fit the crime.

I would bet you that any given day at any given TCPS building you could easily find teachers and staff using their cell phone -- I don't think kids should be texting while in class, but also don't think the teacher's and staff should be texting during school either -- they are receiving a paycheck --

I wonder if the anyone at the school level thought what this punishment will do to Lathel's final numbers and how it may affect him with college recruiting, and district and region voting.

I would think that the first offense should be taking the phone and calling the parent to come pick it up and have a conference. The second offense could be a Saturday school, a third offense 3 days in school suspension with all extra curricular activities being suspended for these 3 days as well, and a fourth offense would have the kid and their parent meet with the school board for a discipline plan.

Lathel will be missed -- but this is way more extreme than the 2 football games he is missing -- what about 2 weeks of instruction?

i agree...this needs to be looked at.

cell phone? Teachers are not "supposed" to use them either, what happens to them? As for the game, hope its a great game. I think its fun reading the posts on here and really enjoy you guys hammer each other. Thats what High school football is supposed to be about...rivalry!