Richlands VS Tazewell

bigdogfan2

Richlands VS Tazewell  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Richlands VS Tazewell

• Tazewell
    • Richlands
    • Ref's

If Tazewell had done the onside all the Richlands fans would be on here bitching about it too. It's just sports.

Only the ones that know nothing about football. Ignorant is the only way to describe someone thinking it's classless to onside kick leading 21-0 in the first quarter. I know that Greg Mance played on a Giles team that came back from a 28 (?)- 0 halftime deficit to win the state championship. Just a couple of years ago Giles battled back from a 24-0 deficit against Blacksburg..........

My point---- there is practically no circumstance under which an onside kick in the first quarter would qualify as "classless"...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tazewell shouldn't have to much trouble with the rest of the season. They play Honaker and Marion at home and go to Grundy and Graham. As long as they play the way they are capable, should be able to win atleast 3 out of 4 if not all of them.

Tazewell fans cried in 2006 because we ran a fake punt in first half.lol i love it.

Everybody in the stands knew that it was coming. Richlands has done it every year. I can't say anything bad about their playcalling with the onside or the fake punt. However our coaches should have known to watch for that and be prepared. When you play a big rival all stops are pulled after all. Our defense showed great heart in what they could do, but when they are on the field for most all the game its hard to keep up the pace.

I'm just saying i think the call was red. But i get your point of its a rivarly and anything goes, im just saying against a different team that call wouldn't have been made. I heard Lockharts out for a little bit but taz shouldn't have a problem with honaker or graham so theres your two wins.

I'm just saying i think the call was red. But i get your point of its a rivarly and anything goes, im just saying against a different team that call wouldn't have been made. I heard Lockharts out for a little bit but taz shouldn't have a problem with honaker or graham so theres your two wins.

The onside would have been called no matter who we were playing. Put the nail in the coffin while your ahead. Besides we lost 60 yards on that drive anyway.

I can understand the reason for it but come on, yah cant even do that in video games without somebody calling you a douchebag haha

If yall would have done it you would not be crying about it. You lost get over it.

Yeah, it probably wasn't the way everybody would have done it, but look at it this way. As bad as I hate to say it that's a big reason Richlands is and will continue to be the class of the SWD. When you get out in front you don't start coasting and say well glad there is blood in the water, no no you keep your foot on the gas and go in for the kill. Mance doesn't care what anyone else from any other school thinks about the way his team plays, and does anyone know why? In a place where football is king, the district titles, region titles, state title appearances, and not to mention a championship ring rules all. Winning is winning, and until someone else can instill that attitude into their team it will be the same thing year in and year out.

Everyone should know I'm Tazewell all the way, but the fact of the matter is that's the truth.

If yall would have done it you would not be crying about it. You lost get over it.

Wow how long did it take you to come up with that theory? And for the record, I really don't care that it happened. Just pointing out the fact that any time you throw an onside kick in the mix while you're up, some people are gonna take it the wrong way.

Yeah, it probably wasn't the way everybody would have done it, but look at it this way. As bad as I hate to say it that's a big reason Richlands is and will continue to be the class of the SWD. When you get out in front you don't start coasting and say well glad there is blood in the water, no no you keep your foot on the gas and go in for the kill. Mance doesn't care what anyone else from any other school thinks about the way his team plays, and does anyone know why? In a place where football is king, the district titles, region titles, state title appearances, and not to mention a championship ring rules all. Winning is winning, and until someone else can instill that attitude into their team it will be the same thing year in and year out.

Everyone should know I'm Tazewell all the way, but the fact of the matter is that's the truth.

Good post.

Wow how long did it take you to come up with that theory? And for the record, I really don't care that it happened. Just pointing out the fact that any time you throw an onside kick in the mix while you're up, some people are gonna take it the wrong way.

Those people are the ones that don't understand the game. It's all about strategy. It was a great call and Tazewell wasn't ready for it.

Those people are the ones that don't understand the game. It's all about strategy. It was a great call and Tazewell wasn't ready for it.

listen buddy ive played football for years and have watched it for years so please stop thinking you know more than everybody posting. If tazewell would have kicked the onside up 20 then richlands people would be pissed its the rule of thumb. The only reason its a good call is because it worked, if taz would have recovered and scored then it wouldve put the crowd back in it and maybe just maybe couldve changed the game. Now everyone knows im from tazewell and I pull for them but i'll admit richlands has a great football program. I just thought it was kind of red to make that call cause richlands had showed no sign of slowing down. Thats all im saying.

listen buddy ive played football for years and have watched it for years so please stop thinking you know more than everybody posting. If tazewell would have kicked the onside up 20 then richlands people would be pissed its the rule of thumb. The only reason its a good call is because it worked, if taz would have recovered and scored then it wouldve put the crowd back in it and maybe just maybe couldve changed the game. Now everyone knows im from tazewell and I pull for them but i'll admit richlands has a great football program. I just thought it was kind of red to make that call cause richlands had showed no sign of slowing down. Thats all im saying.

Thats the reason Mance called it. He knew if we didn't recover that Tazewell would not be able to get any points on the board. So it was a win win for Mance. It was not Red. Richlands did not gain anything on the onside anyway, hell we gave it back to Tazewell on the 30 yd line, what more do you want. Maybe next time we will see if we can make a TD for you guys.

haha idc brother i don't play anymore. Like i said just a spectators opinion. Hopefully theres a rematch later on, i think tazewell could play better. Probably wont win but get more respect then the last game.

haha idc brother i don't play anymore. Like i said just a spectators opinion. Hopefully theres a rematch later on, i think tazewell could play better. Probably wont win but get more respect then the last game.

WOW, now thats funny right there!!!!!!