Richlands vs Marion

Canes00

i screwed up..thought this was our homecoming..my bad..the blues better get on us early and stay on us..if you let us hang around then num 1 will burn one down the field..i told everyone this kid was the real deal..grundy done a good job but what did he do in the end?he set noe up for a score..this game is close..but i think the 3 kids from wva get their first taste of THE HURRICANE D....

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it could be a good game.

The one thing you have to remember, and I know that Marion's Johnson is speedy, but I don't think that they have faced a team with the speed of Richlands this year. They just have speed on both sides of the ball and the O can be very explosive.

If the blues execute on O consistently like they did against Abingdon and like they are capable of doing, I think Richlands wins by at least 2 td's.

I don't mean to disrespect Marion, on the contrary, they have always played us tough and you don't have Marion's record this time of the year unless you are good. I just think they may be surprised at our speed. I just think it comes down to how consistent the blues are on O. So far this season they have been up & down, but the D has always been there.

well,i think we are finally getting alil respect..calling for rain as well..lol,fitting for a collision of two storms..honestly,marion dosen't even know how good we are yet..just happy knowing if it goes south..we still .500

If I were Marion I'd get the ball to the #1 kid a LOT more than they do...outside the tackles and work in some pass plays...screen...whatever...that kid's got it...by far one of the best backs I've seen around here in a while. Get that kid out in the open and let him do his thing.

I like the Blues in this one, although, there is a few places that Richlands does not play well for some reason and Marion is one of them. I take the Blues 28-10. Better hope you can run the ball better than Tazewell did because the Blues will tee off on the QB all night.

Richlands will need to play well in this game. There aren't too many bad 5-0 teams out there. However, I've been reading things like "Richlands never plays well at Marion" and "They always play us tough"... I'm sorry, but that's simply false. This game has been within three touchdowns exactly once in seven meetings, and the margin was six td's in three of those games. Not taking anything away from Marion in 2009 but the 2007 game, which was a turning point for Richlands' run to Lynchburg seems to have clouded peoples memory.

this game will not be close. i can see richlands running away with it 42-6. next time use rural retreat or someone else for hc. not very smart sch richlands for hc.:eek: we got grundy next week for hc.:D

Even if we lose I will take our 5-1 record over your soon to be 2-4 record any day.

Even if we lose I will take our 5-1 record over your soon to be 2-4 record any day.

there is a good chance we will be 3-3 and as for you guys are you already thinking it will be a loss. you have to believe you can win for it to happen.

there is a good chance we will be 3-3 and as for you guys are you already thinking it will be a loss. you have to believe you can win for it to happen.

he isnt thinking they are going to lose. he said even IF we lose we will be 5-1. that doesnt say we are going to be 5-1 after this week.

Richlands will need to play well in this game. There aren't too many bad 5-0 teams out there. However, I've been reading things like "Richlands never plays well at Marion" and "They always play us tough"... I'm sorry, but that's simply false. This game has been within three touchdowns exactly once in seven meetings, and the margin was six td's in three of those games. Not taking anything away from Marion in 2009 but the 2007 game, which was a turning point for Richlands' run to Lynchburg seems to have clouded peoples memory.

I believe that most people are remembering past history over several years not just the recent trips across the mountain. In 1982-83 season, we went over there with a decent team and one of the best running backs to play at RHS, Sandy Rogers, and we left there with a defeat. They watered the field down! It was an absolute swamp.

I remember Sandy Rogers well, he was a great one, and I remember a lot of close games with Marion when I was growing up. I remember one that Richlands won 3-0 on a school record field goal by Jack Ginn... Was it 45 yards? Anyway, most of the Richlands posters here aren't as old as we are and I think it's the 07' game that stands out in their minds.

Soutbound, I am just realistic when I think. There is always a chance when you play anybody. We have not beat Richlands since the playoffs in 2001. You are the one that says Abingdon will win every week and you look bad when they get beat. Sometimes when you predict a game you have to do it with your head and not with your heart.

Blues up to #3 and could take over the #2 spot with a win come friday night. #1 cave spring has salem friday night.

Div. 3 - rating/points

Cave Spring 26.4 / 132

Marion 21.6 / 108

Richlands 20.2 / 101

Grundy 19.0 / 95

Tazewell 16.3 / 98

Martinsville 14.5 / 87

Tunstall 14.2 / 85

Patrick County 14.0 / 84

Graham 10.8 / 54

Not really clouded my memory, just trying not to be too cocky....lol

Richlands has the potential to be extremely good this year and has been in spurts. But they can also be inconsistent on O and and you just never know what can happen in a HS game, especially at their place. The D has been fantastic as always, and the special teams have been very good also.

One thing I love about this team is their ability to quickly score from anywhere on the field. You always feel like they have a shot to score on any play from anywhere.

I love the potential of this team. Just need to be a little more consistent. I think they were starting to hit their stride against Abingdon, but the week off slowed their momentum.

With their, speed, ability, and coaching..........they'll get there and it may be this week !

Richlands 35 Marion 13

Richlands is climbing, made it into the HM this week!

From Va Preps!! Richlands is climbing. Made it into HM.

Team Record Pvs.

1 Amherst 5-0 1

Another 20+ point win for the Lancers as they take out Pulaski on the road 33-10.

2 Broad Run 6-0 2

That makes 20 straight victories for the Spartans with their 27-12 win over Briar Woods.

3 Powhatan 4-0 3

Emphatic 54-13 win over Nottoway indicates that Powhatan probably will not be tested until the playoffs.

4 Salem 5-0 5

Defense is the name of the game for the Spartans, as they earn their third shutout of the year, 27-0 against William Fleming.

5 John Handley 5-0 6

The Judges move up a spot despite an unimpressive escape against Warren County, 31-30 in overtime.

6 Harrisonburg 4-1 8

No trouble for the Streaks against Waynesboro as they won 43-7.

7 Christiansburg 5-0 9

The Blue Demons finished off an unbeaten non-district slate with a 42-7 win over AAA Patrick Henry.

8 James Wood 5-0 10

33-2 win over Brentsville keeps the Colonels unbeaten and they open Northwestern District action this week versus Sherando.

9 Western Albemarle 5-0 NR

The Warriors jump into the top ten after beating Louisa 26-7 to move to 2-0 in the Jefferson District.

10 Spotswood 5-0 NR

Trailblazers also enter the top ten after knocking off Rockbridge 47-14 and get a test this week against R.E. Lee.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HM: Brookville, Bruton, Cave Spring, James Monroe, Liberty (Bedford), Loudoun County, Richlands, Turner Ashby, York

I remember Sandy Rogers well, he was a great one, and I remember a lot of close games with Marion when I was growing up. I remember one that Richlands won 3-0 on a school record field goal by Jack Ginn... Was it 45 yards? Anyway, most of the Richlands posters here aren't as old as we are and I think it's the 07' game that stands out in their minds.

In 07 the passing game wasn't clicking full force yet, remember at least two open recievers missing a pass that would have been touchdowns. Same time the run game was just coming into being. By season end they looked like a different team.