Region IV cheat sheet

VHSLhelper

Graham and Patrick Co. are in a nailbiter for the #6 spot...Patrick Co. will likely beat Martinsville next week and Graham will likely lose to Carroll Co....bonus points will be the deciding factor...

...Patrick Co. will likely beat Martinsville next week

boy, it's a sad state of affairs when it's a foregone conclusion that patrick will come into dan greene and leave with a victory. sad but probably very true.

the saddest part is that martinsville is loaded with talented guys. the schedule has been fairly brutal...and watching the offense sputter all year long (ie the victory this past friday at tunstall without an offensive touchdown) has been even more brutal.

the better news...mhs only has 6 or 7 seniors on the roster with only 3 or 4 that actually see much of the field.

boy, it's a sad state of affairs when it's a foregone conclusion that patrick will come into dan greene and leave with a victory. sad but probably very true.

the saddest part is that martinsville is loaded with talented guys. the schedule has been fairly brutal...and watching the offense sputter all year long (ie the victory this past friday at tunstall without an offensive touchdown) has been even more brutal.

the better news...mhs only has 6 or 7 seniors on the roster with only 3 or 4 that actually see much of the field.

Trust me, I'm pulling for Martinsville this week...hope they can get things turned around down there...

so basically the only way grundy gets in is if they beat richlands??

If Grundy beats Richlands, there in...no questions asked and it won't matter what any other team does.

They can still get in if they lose to Richlands and Graham and/or Patrick Co. loses.

However, if both Graham and Patrick Co. win, and Grundy loses to Richlands, they are going to be on the outside looking in...

Doesn't matter, theyre in different divisions.

What are you talking about? Graham, Grundy, and PC are all in the same division (3). Even if they were not in the same division, then the outcome of the games would still have play-off implications.

What are you talking about? Graham, Grundy, and PC are all in the same division (3). Even if they were not in the same division, then the outcome of the games would still have play-off implications.

sorry, when i see PC i think Pulaski County.. Not Patrick.. And if Graham and Grundy both lost and Pulaski won, it would not matter..

Has anyone actually done the math to see if its possible for Richlands to out point CS (if cave has a loss this week)? What has to take place for that to happen,if its possible.
See VHSL-helper's cheat sheet. Yes, with a Cave Spring loss, it is possible Richlands could earn the #1 seed. Several things must have to happen though.

Has anyone actually done the math to see if its possible for Richlands to out point CS (if cave has a loss this week)? What has to take place for that to happen,if its possible.

A Richlands win, a Cave Spring loss, and a Graham loss would be the best chance for Richlands. This according to a conversation I had earlier with someone who knows a lot more than I do.

If Grundy beats Richlands, there in...no questions asked and it won't matter what any other team does.

They can still get in if they lose to Richlands and Graham and/or Patrick Co. loses.

However, if both Graham and Patrick Co. win, and Grundy loses to Richlands, they are going to be on the outside looking in...

If Graham beats CC...which honestly I don't think they will...CC looks pretty good this year.

PC will probably beat Martinsville...but even then they HAVE to Max out...even with a win they only at 187 points and can max out at 193.

Grundy is sitting at 191-197 with a loss...so PC has to get the win +4 out of 6 bonus points to TIE Grundy (and Grundy would have to get the bare min loss points)...then we would have a fine mess!

If they tie, then from what I can tell this is the tiebreaker:

tie-breakers (Rule 68-8-4) :

x(they didn't play)1. head-to-head winner

x(common opponents - CC and both lost)2. best record against all common opponents

x(both teams would be 5-5)3. best win % after games against non-public school are excluded

?(I have no idea what this is?)4. team with the highest average rating of all of each team's opponents

5. "draw by lots" by the Regional Chair.

OR...am I wrong? LOL.